Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Kelvmor Active Member

That's correct, concerning the Calendar. The Chelsith Stone is only part of a greater whole of things the Shissar Emperor predicted.
  2. Estal Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Prob not even your department ttobey, but the above condition seems to affect droags everywhere while other mobs show their random symbols just fine.
  3. Meirril Well-Known Member

So you're saying he predicted events after the End of Days event? As in, it was a forgone conclusion that it would be averted? Somehow I'm not buying it. Now I could see him making other predictions and having 3 of the 4 tablets be a study of the Chelsith Calendar but claiming that 1/4th of his predictions happen after the end of the world prediction kinda takes all of the legitimacy out of the end of the world crisis.

We don't know what 3 of the tablets mean, but it is somewhat safe to say that they had to mention what the monoliths of theer were and a lot of the other details of the calendar because just studying the calendar itself wouldn't of given you the names of these items and we were sent to gather them knowing the names without knowing what the items would look like. That all points to getting recorded information and less relying on a physical examination of the stone itself.
  4. Kelvmor Active Member

More or less, yes, that's exactly what it means. The Shissar Emperor defeated Kerafyrm by proxy, and I think once they wear thin the stuff with Lanys T'Vyl, the Shissar will be the next big threat. I honestly believe it'll be revealed that Ssraeshza knew the outcome of Ages' End beforehand, and anticipated Luclin's reformation with plans to invade Norrath. We barely managed to close a portal stopping a Shissar invasion force from coming into Norrath from Luclin, after all, and they've already completely dominated the Akhevans, as shown by the Shissar symbols they wear (when previously, they were so xenophobic that the Akhevan High Priestess of Luclin used their people's shadow magic to wipe out a city of Akhevans, just because this city of Akhevans wanted to learn the Common Tongue).
  5. Ishuna Well-Known Member

*pulls up a chair and sits quietly, listening to the stories*

I love the lore of Norrath. I can never remember it in detail, but really enjoy reading about it.

*waves hand* Carry on :)
    HaphazardAllure and Avahlynn like this.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

As much as I'd like to this is Ttobey's little slice of the "Looks and Feel" sub-forum that use to exist. We've misappropriated it more than enough.

I really do miss the Lore forum. Ah well.
    Kelvmor, Ishuna and Avahlynn like this.
  7. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

This makes me want to build a University of Norrath on a server filled with as many books as I could gather in game and also swaths of books written by our players who are experts on our lore...even conflicting points of view (especially if the conflict for purposes of discussion and interesting info). I think I'd spend weeks there reading what folks (lookin at you Meirril) wrote.

Totally up for such a place to exist. Maybe even borrow a page from Cloudrat's book and make the collection of lore books available on all servers like her wonderful travel hubs are.

As for look and feel, ahem, lol, why is the animation for breaking down gear so not crafting looking? The whole wave hands and arch back thing looks sorts odd for doing the work of breaking down magical gear for components. Maybe the jeweler or tinkerer animations would be better suited?
    Prissetta and Ishuna like this.
  8. Kelvmor Active Member

Because you're using magic to tear it apart, as opposed to physically tearing it apart. It's magic armor/weapons/jewelry, after all, it's going to take more than swinging a wrench at it or w/e to break it down.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too. It's unfortunate that we don't have one now.
    Ishuna likes this.
  10. Katz Well-Known Member

I copied some of the lore discussion from the previous lore subforum into in game books and put them into the guild library.
    I really should check to see what books I still need from in game and continue building my library.
    Prissetta and Avahlynn like this.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

So today I popped up on Qeynos docks and landed beside a woodelf. I noticed she had long awesome hair, I thought it must be a new helm or something, but no! She was actually an Aerakyn with an illusion on.

Seeing as the hair looked perfectly natural & fit well on the wood elf female (original models), is there any reason why we can't get the Aerakyn hairstyles opened up for other races? They'd probably fit on humans nicely since Aerakyn seem very close in proportion to humans. Wood elves, half elves and dark elves are very similar in body style so it'd probably work on all of those (assuming the hair I saw on the woodelf illusion wasn't a fluke). Could we at least try it out on test to see if it would end up buggy and broken?

I know people, myself included, have wanted and asked for new hairstyles for a long time. I think maybe opening up some of the existing ones on compatible races would help a lot.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

After expansion ships, we'll take a look.
  13. frail_mm New Member

Ttobey I have this amazing newsies backpack I store... uhm... Jumjum in. Yes, jumjum. I equip it via the character options, but every time I zone I'm wearing my cloak again. Are there goblins in between zones that undress me and forget to put my backpack on? Or is there a more complicated explanation?
    Ocarinah, Avahlynn and Prissetta like this.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yes there is a complicated answer. It's a code issue, not an art issue. Sorry!
    frail_mm and Dude like this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

ttobey,

Thank you for taking an active role in listening to players, fixing issues, and letting us know about it. Both in and out of this game many people readily point out bad customer service. That's important because it needs to be corrected, but it's even more important to point out good customer service. People like you, who provide proactive and solid customer service, need to be recognized in public and by your management.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

<3 ttobey

Someone needs to give him more cookies.
  17. frail_mm New Member

18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Has anyone asked for a rat/mousie mount yet? I made a Kerran for the Race to Trak server and would love a mousie mount for her. One cute looking one and one kinda fugly would be awesome. :cool:
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the place to ask but here goes, could we please have the far seas pegasus in some other shades? Grey or black, maybe? I love the mount and it's cool saddlebags and bedroll. I'd just love some variation if possible.

Thank you for all your hard work and effort. I'm glad this game has the awesomeness that is ttobey.
  20. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

...ok. Who did this?

[IMG]

reminds me of a movie from 2007...
    Ishuna, Kittybock and Finora like this.