Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I love Spamela...when she hovers her back legs still kick like she's wondering where the land went. it's cute.
    ttobey and Shmogre like this.
  2. Smite Active Member

I was intrigued by the General Gameplay forum thread that someone showed adjusted contrast/gamma pictures and played with the settings a bit myself.

I'd like to post some values that worked for me and why I think they work in the hope that others might have values that work for them that I could try without necroing that thread over there.

Viewsonic VX2753mh-LED monitor contrast = 70 , monitor brightness = 0

EQ2 Settings as per thread bloom, ambient, etc. with the following:

R/G/B = 1.0
    Gamma = 0.56
    Contrast = 0.8
    Brightness = -0.07

I checked out nighttime Freeport, Commonlands, and Neriak to get the colors correct and the amount of ambient light on the ground to be what seemed right if I was there.

Darkvision, Infravision, and Aura Sense definitely feel more valuable at those settings and the game atmosphere feels more hardcore given the mystery / cloud of war equivalent.

I had to drop my monitor brightness so the contrast from the game didn't really hurt my eyes on the hotbar.

If someone else has another combination of settings I'd love to try them. Also, is there a potion or charm that grants Aura Vision? That would be really handy as a class who needs to choose targets.

Honestly I wouldn't mind a "named vision" that outlines named mobs in purple faerie fire drow style rather than having someone drop skulls/X's on them for me.
    _ _ _

It's a Consumable I'd buy in the store just like scrolls of tracking...
  3. Kelvmor Active Member

The "Ale Goggles" quest on Brell Day (St. Patrick's Day, so coming in about 3 months) grants a pair of goggles that grant Aura Vision to the wearer.

In other news...some Frostfell funnies. Whoever did this on the art team while decorating Freeport, you made me and my dad (who does tattoos and piercings) laugh.
    [IMG]
    Cylene, Finora, Pixilicious and 5 others like this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Happy New Year!
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Same to you Ttobey!

Here's to 2016, the year of the Red Panda Mount
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Red Pandas are too intelligent to let people ride them. They are more suited to a player race.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

How about a chair mount? Or maybe a flying plank or bench?
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Broomstick?
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Where has your evil side kick been lately? The rider of rabbits?
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No I tried it, they just looked wrong.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Rider of Rabbits is off having a Real Life I think, poor fellow.

Flying chariots?
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Maybe cheerios.
  13. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Flying rabbit in pink leopard color ? Or in pink tiger stripes ? I would buy :)
    Also think ocelot would make a cute mount but it has to be able to fly.
  14. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I have run into an apparent issue with Spamela...for some reason on my friend's screens, she keeps randomly poofing in and out of existance. I seem to be still seated in the air like I'm on the mount, but she just randomly poofs into the ether. I dunno what might be causing it or if it's some kinda setting on thier machines, but at least 3 folks have told me about it.

and the Dhalgar illusion's armor is still bleeding through/competeing with my regular armor.
  15. Katz Well-Known Member

Happy New Year!
  16. Eles Well-Known Member

I have issues with some mounts, then new mounts like Spamela, Globin Vampire mount doesn't render to other people, for me I can see the mount but my friends only see me floating because my mount is invisible for them.

is this a new feature gnomish high technology? having invisible mounts?
  17. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Could it be that your friends haven't run patcher since the mounts were released, and as such haven't downloaded the art file?

I seem to remember an issue like that in the past
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Hey, ttobey! I just found a set of really cool sketches that represent traditional Russian fairytale characters as RPG toons. Each illustration has a number of very definitely Russian elements, and I think these are inspirational. He has a lot more on his Instagram page. Check 'em out! I'm sharing just three of the series due to enormous size.

Chain-wearing Priest
    [IMG]

Dragon-slaying Bogatyr (Warrior)
    [IMG]

Tsarevna Nesmeyana (the last name means "never laughs" so maybe she's a dirge?)
    [IMG]
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

For the various visions, there are tinkered goggles that grant most (including the Aura vision, those are thaumatoscopic goggles). The catch is you actually have to have them equipped. There might be a vision totem from woodworkers, but I don't remember. I play a mystic as my main and get aura vision as a class "fluff" spell.

With the "dropping skulls/X's on them" for the marking of named, I can only assume you mean tagging. I don't use that nor have I really grouped with anyone who did use them so I'm kind of unfamiliar with exactly how they work but I'm guessing that it's something that is at the very least a group wide visual and the current tags are very low impact performance wise. I imagine something like faerie fire (fury class fluff spell that covers them in green fire) would be harder on people's systems if it wasn't something they could turn off, which would in turn make tags less useful. Not everyone can run the game well as it is, despite it's age.
  20. Smite Active Member

Yeah the tagging is what I meant. When I envisioned faerie fire I was thinking it would only be visible to me like aura vision is on my erudite.