Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Tabri Well-Known Member

Bug pants Cryptic leggings of Dragonskin notice where the belt is???
    [IMG]

and Staff clipping Monk hat which seems to be a common occurrence with any two handed weapons, and that is what Monks are supposed to use. Please take a look at two handers and Monk hats together or something maybe just tilt them a bit more.

Bug Flametouched Droag Halberg clipping Monk hat
    [IMG]
  2. Maulgrim New Member

That "bug" is literally as old as those hats. You can't fix it without dynamically changing how two-handed weapons are displayed upon the back. Also, monks aren't "supposed" to use 2 handed weapons. In fact, most monks actually dual-wield.
  3. Tabri Well-Known Member

Right this bug is old as the hills so maybe they should fix it?? Monks can dual wield or use a sword but they are known to use a pole or staff of some sort it looks more natural in my opinion. If you look up a monk on Google most have poles when fighting. But regardless I would like to wear a monk hat and use a staff/pole without it clipping into my hat and options are very limited since most do.
    [IMG]
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

While I use a pair of the old katanas I got from the TSO world event still as appearance on my monk and generally prefer the look of duel wield on my monk and don't actually mind minor clipping like this, this logic really doesn't fly.

Since the class has the ability to equip that type of weapon, it is something the devs thought they were supposed to use.
  5. Maulgrim New Member

Tabri had seemed like she was implying monks were only supposed to use 2H weapons, is why I said that.
  6. SusanaQ New Member

[IMG]

I feel so festive today...!

[IMG]

Just kidding! Wait, what...? Susana, is there something you weren't telling me?!

(My female iksar becomes male when I use Sathirian Curse!)
    Kelvmor likes this.
  7. Gannor New Member

Just to throw it out there, a small personal wishlist:

LoN Illusion: Sathirian Curse able to ride mounts/climb walls.
    LoN Illusion: Sathirian Curse able to wear armor like a Mannequin. We've seen other Iksar Skeletons wear armor as NPCs.
    LoN Illusion: Sathirian Curse able to appear female.

And a Shissar Illusion Item. I will cry for days if this one came true.

Thanks for making this thread, and hearing our silly requests. You people are the best, and EverQuest has been an inspiration and a comfort for me since 1999 :)
    Kelvmor and SusanaQ like this.
  8. Kelvmor Active Member

This x10!

...As well, I've found that a number of Nights of the Dead and other illusions that use models based off the PC human animations that don't use the social /emotes, e.g. /wave, /laugh--the voiceover doesn't sound, and the model doesn't do the animation. A number of these illusions include, but are not limited to:
    Form of the Ice Efreet (this one can't ride mounts, either)
    Nights of the Dead Thurgadin Spellcaster Costume
    Nights of the Dead Oggok Ogre Costume
    Nights of the Dead Vallonite Warrior Costume
  9. That guy. Well-Known Member

All that need to be done is to tilt the weapon diagonally. Which would be more realistic, as two handed weapons are NOT strapped straight up and down but diagonally from shoulder to opposite leg so they can be quickly reached. The angle should be so the end of the staff would be poking from behind the character's right leg in that pic.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Happy Holidays Look and Feelers. I hope you all made the Nice list.
  11. Mystfit Well-Known Member

My amazon echo says I am!!!
    ttobey likes this.
  12. Mystfit Well-Known Member

PS grape Meatbeast
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

See? That got you off the Nice list in one fell swoop!
  14. Mystfit Well-Known Member

DRAT!!!
    ttobey likes this.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Exclaiming Drat got you off the Naughty list. I would also have accepted, Dang! Zounds! or Jumpin' Jehosaphat!
    HaphazardAllure and Mystfit like this.
  16. Mystfit Well-Known Member

It's possible I could have come up with Dang, but the others would have been beyond the bounds of my vocabulary.
    ttobey likes this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

"Look and Feelers" sounds a little pervy.
    Xianthia likes this.
  18. SusanaQ New Member

*Wiggles eyebrows*
    ttobey likes this.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You already delivered mine <3
    ttobey likes this.
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Happy Holidays!