Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Kelvmor Active Member

The four things about that is...

A) There's no adult dragons in Norrath who would ever deign to let a mortal ride them without EXTREME circumstances

B) Even if there were, there aren't any adult dragons in Norrath who are small enough to fit, say, in the middle of Freeport (let alone some place like Neriak, without trampling all the other people and some of the buildings around it.

C) There just aren't enough dragons in general to justify everyone, their dog, and their mother being able to ride one.

D) Concerning your picture of Alduin...Skyrim dragons look more like the Elder Drake or Wyvern mounts, anyway. In EverQuest, dragons have four legs, two wings, and a tail, while wyverns/drakes only have two legs, two wings, and a tail.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

We have ducks you can ride. I see no reason to ride a dragon.
    Errrorr likes this.
  3. Tabri Well-Known Member

A) There is such thing as a baby dragon that looks just like its adult parent dragon just smaller.
    B) See above
    C) Everyone could ride a dragon and different colors and shapes think "How to train a dragon".
    D) I posted that picture only because of the wing shape and head shape is different than a drake. Is the below picture better for ya?
    [IMG][IMG]
  4. Tabri Well-Known Member

Your comparing a duck to a dragon? Im starting to wonder about you now :eek:
  5. ZUES Well-Known Member

We even have new flying lizard mounts that quack like a duck. It's kind of a compromise between the two.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is a duck.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Was there still duck sound on this?
  8. ZUES Well-Known Member

I don't know to be honest. I turned the master volume off a few days ago. I'm rendering a drawing and can't log in right now. Did you change it in the last 3 days? If not, then yes it's still there lol. We did get a kick out of it though. Everyone in the guild turned on their volume when someone pointed that out. It was pretty funny.
  9. Rainmare Well-Known Member

actually TTobey..yes, the flying snakes do make duck sounds as of yesterday
  10. Kelvmor Active Member

A giant duck could be an alchemist's mishap that he started breeding for money, or something.

If you pay attention to the game lore, the game's dragons are clearly too proud and/or narcissistic to lower themselves to the role of mount. >_>
  11. Tabri Well-Known Member

Thats hilarious o_O
  12. Tabri Well-Known Member

Im not saying we ride Naggy or Lady Vox(although I think that would be pretty awesome actually). We have baby dragons as pets already I wouldnt mind riding one of those they are adorable and could be made in different shapes forms etc.

[IMG]
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If you keep it that way, I will buy you and Phatkins beer.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's probably my fault.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Our sound guys haven't done a sound pass on the serpent yet. He'll remove the duck from his throat this weekend.
  16. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Probably?
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Hey I can replace a moo with a quack very easily.
  18. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Go ahead, mess with Meatbeast, I can't immmmmmagggginnne any downsides to THAT.....
    ttobey likes this.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

For Bristlebane Day, I think you/Phatkins should replace the sounds on every mount.
  20. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Keep forgetting I have horns, stupid helmets.
    [IMG]

Winged Helm of Alacritous Questing.
    Zukira likes this.