Livestream: Thurs, June 4 @ 1PM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 27, 2015.

1. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Campansion!

[IMG]
    HaphazardAllure and Feldon like this.
  2. Kelvani Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good information!

I appreciate your letting us see the new house, and letting us know which house won the contest and that it hasn't been lost in the transition shuffle. Also, thank you for taking the time to confirm that the guide program isn't going anywhere! This will help quell the rumor mill churning away on facebook!

The new upgrade system looks interesting too. I actually like the way the interface looked like a spreadsheet as it makes it more intuitive, though spelling out the word stamina ect would be nice =p As always it is great to see the enthusiasm and love for the game that you all have even after years of working on it.

The new diety system sounds wonderful too! I cannot wait to see it roll out.. and my alt ranger is definitely a fan of Errolisi being a new worshipable diety!

Also, I think ttobey needs to animate a new mount.. a couple of coconuts that attach to the hands and clop clop as you "ride" along /grins evilly
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I have to tell you this new prestige home the Rum cove is AWESOME SAUCE! Nice and looks like it has day and night mode....again awesome! Thank you and SOLD!!
  5. Caith Developer

Nope, I randomly pulled a couple up, I didn't grab them by class or wave, so we didn't show a mage one.
  6. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I missed it while I was out walking the dog! My brain is an actual sieve, so I'm not surprised. The benefit of this is that I could skip all of the boring bits.

Pretty good livestream, though. Seemed like the guys were right into it and responding well to people's questions/concerns.

Glad ttobey fixed the servers. Just wondering how many beers he normally has at his desk, if he's going to get 2 additional beers for fixing things so quickly.

edit: Ponderous stole a lot of my lines, so I agree with him wholeheartedly.
    Kittybock and Prissetta like this.
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Good Livestream: Some very cool stuff! New Ethereals--want!

I also want one of the new houses, but need to finish my current project ;) *sigh* Too bad there is not a Template, like Landmark, so I could drop a build into a different style of Prestige home, ie. a house. I was so in <3 with the new one during the livestream...all the open, flat areas to be creative. I have some builds in my breakouts or in one of my Ehterneres that I'd love to copy/ paste.
  8. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I missed it cause I didn't get home from work in time!

NEW HOUSE!?! When can we tour it?
  9. Strings Well-Known Member

I just toured it. I love houses that let you fly.
  10. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I know times have been difficult over the last 8 months or so for the devs and the player community, but having read the producers letter and watched the stream, I feel that a corner has been turned and I'm looking forward to the future with a large degree of enthusiasm. I know you didn't go way but I kinda want to shout WELCOME BACK. :D
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  11. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

This was a really great stream! I loved watching the team get excited about what they're working on and there is no doubt that they are passionate about our game. :) I just want to say thanks for all the hard work EQ2 team, you're all amazing!
    Edelphia likes this.
  12. Bashem Well-Known Member

I missed the stream as I got sidetracked.
    I signed up for email alerts I and never got one and no its not in a spam folder I looked.
    Whats up with that?
  13. Roshen Well-Known Member

Are you talking about emails from us? Or from Twitch?

If you aren't following EverQuest 2 on Twitch, they'll email you EVERY time a stream goes live, if you have that turned on.

Also, the full stream replay can be found on YouTube in the link below

GrunEQ likes this.
  14. rutro Well-Known Member

Amen! I have played since 08. Took a break for a couple of years in between, but liked EQ2 because it required something other than plat farming to achieve things. This game has turned into a plat farming game, and you cannot get better gear or rewards than you can just buy in auction channel. Gives people no reason to group or even do overland zone content. Even the add-ons and zones they are charging for have no real reward or reason to do them. What you have here are a few old raiders left that are controlling the currency game and new players are only able to play or compete by buying plat or farming it ...like it is a job. The way I see it, the only people left are going to be the old raiders and they will run out of things to sell and have no one to sell it to...food for thought!!! As for me, I am done with this game...good luck to the plat farmers and the same old heads that sat and watched Nagafen server go down in flames....I am out!!!
  15. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Good stream! I wasn't able to watch live, but I do have an odd question, just out of curiosity. Why don't any zones beyond vanilla EQ2 have random weather? I've always loved random weather in games, adds immersion and reality to the world ;-)
    Edelphia likes this.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

I seem to recall hearing, but could be totally wrong, that weather system in EQ2 is something they licensed and that the company that made it is no longer around. As a result, they can't really modify it anymore or add features to it. They'd basically have to rewrite it and tune it to work with all the existing zones that have the old system. A ton of work.
  17. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Ah, that's too bad. Thunderstorms in Tranquil sea would have been pretty awesome. Or snow showers in Halas, or.... the list could go on lol
  18. Nevermind Member

Campaign is suppose to sound like kamˈpān.
    How its being pronounced is driving me crazy.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

Campaignsion would be... strange.
  20. Roshen Well-Known Member

This was the devs having fun during the stream, and not them accidentally mispronouncing the word.

To give you some context, internally devs have been calling what they're working on for the fall "Expansion #12." The name we're using for this type of content release is "Campaign." If you were to mush the words "Campaign" and "Expansion" together and say it quickly, you'll get to the root of what was coming out of their mouths during the stream :)
    Edelphia and Feldon like this.