Livestream: Thurs, June 4 @ 1PM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 27, 2015.

1. Bashem Well-Known Member

I wait once again with baited breath for this newest preview of the games future and I hope it contains a lot of great tweaks and contents that is covered with my year sub and it not another big heres what were intend on selling to you next so get your wallets ready for the fun!
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  2. Bearcubbi New Member

My Rant :
    I've quit Everquest2 after playing for 6+ years.. why ? because the game is simply DEAD , and Day Break Gaming doesn't care, and are too worried about making payroll for their pockets, and give not one thought towards the gamers, AT ALL. the game isn't marketed what-so-ever.. when 70% of the game population only logs in to RAID, then logs off immediately after raid is over, that should be a sign to wrap things up.. Issues with the game? where do I start? Items consistently being broke, and not having things work right -- an Update to "fix" something with a certain class, which breaks something else that wasn't broke before.. LAG IN RAID, which said was fixed, but certainly wasn't, because raid is always laggy. no matter the day, no matter the time of day (its not just me, or one or two people, its the whole RAID.) Also, WHY HAVE US PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE PUT INTO THE EXPANSION WE PAID FOR ALREADY? I.E. Aerakyn class wasn't with the AoM expansion, but only collectors edition that you charged almost 100$ For? so Daybreak is saying pretty much u can have this extra class but pay us 60$ more for... next, RUM CELLAR.. rum cellar is a complete BUST. worst 15$ I have ever paid for a game "campaign"/ Add-On. 1 heroic zone, 1 Event heroic , that each are pretty shameful in themselves. with broke stradegies on the named/boss fights!! DUCK MOUNT .. just MOREEEE REAL LIFE $$$ day break is charging for a dang in-game item that SHOULD BE WITH THE GAME. 1950Daybreak tokens for a duck mount? really.. lets do the math... 15$ for a 1,500 card from Walmart ... so ud have to buy 2.. u want me to pay 30$ real life cash to get a "appearance" mount? just silly.. NEXT, unkept "promises" made by staff about certain things being tweeked and being "fixed" and never happen, it just gets swept under the rug. supposedly we were ganna have cross server grouping in July/August(which we've been told in the passed we were ganna have added into the game, which never happened) so is a waiting game for another let down.. so WHY? why do people still play this game? because they LOVE the game.. and meanwhile day break gaming is bleeding dry of what LITTLE fan base they do have left in-game with real life money and unkept promises. --- I have already cancelled my subscription, and deleted ALL of my characters , sadly and committed to a new MMORPG(which most of people are doing now they are finally waking up to Day Break not doing their "JOB"). I loved the game, but daybreak forced the dying out of this beautiful game.

Sincerely ,
    A once committed EQ2 player.
    Sandyfoot and Mizery like this.
  3. Ponderous Member

I usually just read the forums and do not comment or post, but posts like this have become so commonplace on the forums that it might behoove DBG to put diapers, bottles and pacifiers on the Marketplace in order to appease all the whining children, and their insistence that things should be free because...? Never any reason WHY something should be free, it just should.

It is horrifying, simply horrifying, that any corporation would want to earn money. When the electric and rent bills become due, I'm sure that the landlord and the power company will agree that those should be free too, and waive the rent and power bills in perpetuity. Moreover, I'm sure that the devs and programmers will simply work for free so that you can get what you think should be free. (Strains of of "Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong play in the background and the foreground shows a happy, serene meadow in this world that you live in. With a peaceful brook gurgling over rounded rocks, providing cool refreshment to all. Then evil Hulk (in aerakyn form) rips through the background, screaming with a fury that will liquify your eardrums, and smashes the happy, shiny people, the rainbows, unicorns, and the rainbow unicorns with rainbow eye lasers upon which they were riding to HappyJoyFunLand, to a bloody pulp, turns to look at the screen, and says: "Nope.")

Welcome to reality and the awesome capitalist system that provided you with the ability and the time to play a video game instead of farming or gathering wood for your fire. And, if DBG "forced the dying out" of the game, doesn't that mean they gifted us all (gratis) with immortality, now that dying has been forced out? That sounds pretty good to me. Thank goodness they didn't force dying into the game, that sounds like a really bad Netflix movie that you watch when you are too lazy to look for the next movie you will watch out of the corner of your eye while harvesting for hours. I'm still having fun playing the game, and I actually like RC, so there are people out there (hopefully the silent majority) who play, enjoy it, but don't feel the need to post about it.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out - CYA! If you are leaving, spend all of your remaining DBG cash on the epiccoolawesome duck mount mobile that you can hang above your crib to help with nappynap time! LOL JK
  4. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I agree with Ponderous. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

I love this game, and while I don't raid or really do much with current content, I have Aom, though not Rum Cellar. I have been playing for a little over 4 years and have no intention of going to a different game. I have met some amazing people through this game! Yes, some of the pricing is off the wall, but do I still pay it? YES! I know my money is going to keeping the dev's paid and hopefully working the fixes to the older content that I play the most. I am hoping for server merges this summer, as most servers other than AB desperately need a shot of new blood. IMO, server merges don't spell a death to the game as some might think, but bring together the people that really do love this game. Personally cross server dungeons just won't fix what needs help.

ok, enough of my rambling. Hopefully what I said makes some sense.
    Spindle likes this.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

That response from Ponderous was just epic.
    Prissetta, Kittybock and Spindle like this.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

You forgot to ask him for his stuff!!
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

As long as you're on a rant....may I inquire when/how Aerakyn became a CLASS rather than a RACE? Are they like...y'know...Channelers or Beastlords or something now?
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Margaritas Active Member

You need to realize that complaining the animator isn't fixing raid code is like expecting eggs from your cow when you need to be talking to the chicken.
    ZUES, Seiffil, Prissetta and 4 others like this.
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I always love the rants about "they're making duck mounts instead of fixing XYZ"....I certainly would not want my interior decorator trying to repair the cracked foundation on my house....no one sane would.

Edit: I suspect part of the issue is "programming" is a nebulous thing to many. Anyone who can "program" code is therefor able to fix anything, right? WRONG. But th misconception will still continue.
  10. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

It's horrifying that not once, is the term FREE mentioned in this post.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Why is that "horrifying"? They are a business and do need to pay the electric company to keep the servers running.
  12. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

This:

Because this:

doesn't say anything about wanting things free.
  13. Margaritas Active Member

Yes, you're correct that nothing is asked for "free". But there are several complaints about costs of things that are not required. Nothing listed is "required" content. Yes, we all get that Rum Cellar was supposed to be in the xpac as a GU. There are plenty of people that did not partake. [Insert picture of horse being beaten]. You can still enjoy AoM without it.

Last time I checked, a duck mount didn't make or break you. It's appearance. If you don't want to pay for it, don't buy it! Simple. Games these days have appearance items in cash shops. This isn't a Daybreak only thing. As far as wasting time on making duck mounts, see my previous post.

As far as the whining on the new race, if I think reeeeally hard I remember SoE doing this too with Freeblood. And a camp to character select confirms; I was not magically given the freeblood race and I never bought it, yet magically my game experience isn't changed. So the argument that Daybreak is siphoning massive amounts of cash out of the player's pocket is exaggerated.
    Ponderous and Moonpanther like this.
  14. Rainmare Well-Known Member

It's not directly said, no. but it's heavily implied that Bear expected Rum cellar/Aerakyn/appearance mounts to be 'with the game he already paid for' IE the only money he should have to pay ever for anything in the game is the 15 dollar sub and expansion prices. anything beyond that is SoE/Daybreak ruining their game by charging more money for thing he should get for free cause he bought an expansion/paying a sub.

they just did a huge database migration to setup for 'cross server dungeons' Bear was complaining about them not doing, which I predict is going to massively fail when they get around to it. who is going to want to group with someone they don't know, from another server, that can screw them over at a whim and nothing you can do can even effect them? not like you can call them out on it. you're not on their server.

Lag happens. depending on your rig, depending on your settings, depending on how many people are raiding at that time/us9ing the same zone server...there are 1000s of things that can cause lag, and prolly 80% of them neither you, nor DBG can do anything about. deal with it. they are trying to fix that as best they can.

and you didn't have to buy a collectors edition to play an aerakyn, unless they are not refering to the race, but Daeron the merc. yes, you pay more, and things like Daeron are the incentive for it. you don't get everything you think for 'free' just becuase you want to pay 40 bucks rather then 80. I'm spending the extra money to get extra perks.

you bought a regular edition. lets call it a 1 topping pizza. I bought the CE version, lets call it a 'build your own' pizza. you don't get to demand the pizza place gives your the stuffed crust and extra 3 toppings I put on mine for 'free' just cause we both bought a pizza from the same place.
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Ping New Member

Any chance at old Ethereals dropping again this summer? I ask because there is a growing population of progessionists that would love the opportunity at previous Ethereals. This includes all Ethereals level 20 and higher.
  16. Margaritas Active Member

17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Thanks for the stream. Looking forward to Producer's Letter.

I really enjoy seeing the devs and them chatting to us. Thanks! :)
    GrunEQ, Prissetta and Moonpanther like this.
  18. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Yes, it was an excellent stream and tons to look forward to. I'm still going to bug them about item count especially in the massive prestige houses like the grotto. I also want to see a plant count separate...as lots of us use plants extensively and it currently counts against our item count...But all in all...anyone who thinks eq2 is sunsetting anytime soon....you are definitely barking up the wrong tree. :D
    GrunEQ, Prissetta and HaphazardAllure like this.
  19. Enigma Active Member

Did they show any mage ethereals?
  20. Roshen Well-Known Member

I appreciate the kind words!

One of the coolest things IMO working with the EQ2 devs (and EQ too for those devs that lurk this forum) is how they WANT to be involved and engaged with the player base. Even though members of the team like TTobey, Windstalker, and Gninja couldn't make the full stream due to other obligations, they're still in Twitch chat for as long as their time could permit, chatting with players, having fun, and answering questions.

Thanks for joining us for the stream, and I appreciate ALL of the devs that could find the time to join us physically for this stream, or digitally via Twitch chat.