If you want to protest against the summoner nerf (see test update notes)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-prince_sd, May 17, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

You shouldn't have taken the 'fanboi' comeback, thats the lamest comeback of them all. Its an extreme, like me telling you that you have no right to tell us anything because you are completely Anti-SOE. Are you completely Anti-SOE because you quit? I doubt it. Is Zald a SOE Fanboi because he disagrees with on a point? I doubt it.

Jeez dude, grow a thicker skin or learn to (yeah) roll with the punches...
  2. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

The fanboi comment was only meant for Zald and not you. If it was only this one point I wouldn't have said that but I & Zald have a long history and he is always defending Soe's decisions and hence my comment.

Anyways, that aside. This is my way of protesting. If you think that summoners should be given utility to compensate our drop in dps you can join in or can choose to stay out. k thx.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

If after these changes go live, the class isn't effective, balanced, and very fun to play, I guarantee you I'll be posting suggestions and feedback to fix that. But until then Why be a critic of a movie you haven't actually seen!

But according to Prince, the 100 people that disagree with him should shush, so the 100 people that do agree can look like they speak for "everyone". Wow... political genius at work here... seriously!
  4. ARCHIVED-Haavokk Guest

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM!!!!1
  5. ARCHIVED-Laiina Guest

I agree, I sugges WOW. Lots of mature people there to group with.
    Well, maybe 1 or 2...
  6. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

Or maybe this is the storm before the calm :smileywink:
  7. ARCHIVED-Hoom Guest

Message Edited by Hoom on 05-20-2006 06:03 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Hoom Guest

We've been getiing nerfed (fixed? balanced?) since shortly after the major Combat Changes way back when. The Lich fix was understandable, as we were over powered. Since then the minor nerfs have been a constant for Necros. Most of us have indeed rolled with the punches. No single "nerf" has been devastating, yet they add up over time. The shortened FD timer is by far the best thing to happen to Necros in a long, long time, and well worth acknowledging. Still, at this point, with another pet nerf in the works, I have to wonder where it will all end. I do not believe we are overpowered at this point. If we move up to t1 dps in certain longer raid situations is that such a problem? Is nerfing the Scout pet the answer? My bottom line is fun, not the parser numbers, but I do think the constant nerfs suggest a larger problem. Shouldn't the class changes be at the minor tweaking stage a year and a half after release? As always, I will take a wait and see attitude on the next round of nerfs, but it is getting old. It bothers me to see our heals tweaked, as this suggests we will need to heal our pets more often and more quickly to survive. This, to me, does not bode well for the Necro class.
  9. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

Hey thats true :smileywink: It could be either.

I hope its the latter. Personally, i think the latter is only possible if the mage pet is left untouched in 24b) and 24c) or whatever.
  10. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

Sometimes it's not the nerfs themselves that annoy people (although the current changes are definitely very unpleasant)...it's just that we're so very tired of getting nerfed almost every live update.
    Message Edited by Thakar on 05-20-2006 09:38 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Krazedhermit Guest

*shrug* Doesn't seem too awful. I was hearing this had been coming since I started playing EQ2 again about a month ago. I came from WOW. I played the warlock class there which was seriously gimped for a long time.

Personally. I hope they nerf necromancer to hell. Don't get me wrong, my main is a 35 necromancer. But I want the nerfs just so I can come here and watch so many of you whine and moan. It's evenings entertainment.
  12. ARCHIVED-prixin Guest

There are reasons to be concerned about the nerf besides the idea that we won't be T1 DPS anymore. I'm sure most of the people saying "it's no big deal" are under 30 or so which is why some of the larger, game-wide concerns aren't getting through to them. I wouldn't be bothered so much if they were nerfing necros and improving another class, but they're not. They're just lowering the DPS of the primary damage class without compensating for it. That means that a lot of raids with 2 or 3 necros are looking at an overall DPS reduction. Yes, it's only one class, but anyone who has actually raided before can tell you that a change in overall DPS can be the difference between a wipe and a clear. In short, by nerfing the primary damage dealers they are making the overall game harder than it was before and making it more difficult for up and coming guilds and groups to do what might have been manageable before.
  13. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

[IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

you know i took neither side. i just made a statement. its not my fault if you have a guilt trip over what i said.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

I much rather preferred playing pre LU-13 where people had compasion for a broken class than after. Well maybe not immediately after where our lich proc put us higher in short term fights but when everyone's intention seems to get you off the top of the hill I'd rather not be there.
    This change, I imagine, won't make people happy either. The class is kinda made to do more damage the longer the fight goes on. If there are any fights where we have 1/2 manna when the T1 classes run out, those fights will be used to post parses saying that summoners are still broken. I just don't see not being able to outdamage the power hungry T1 classes. They run out of power in no time when I keep clicking til the end.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

No guilt I just asked you a question? Why the need to make jabbs? Got Guilt?
  17. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

No they won't. Most posts wanted a medium nerf to put summoners at T2 damage most of the time. FOr long raid fights we'll still be top damage for certain fights, and for most fights we'll still be near the top.
    I hate posting parses cuz they're manipulated and abused by both sides to prove absolutely nothing. But fact for fact, I've got numerous raid fights that I've personally done double the damage of the next closest player char. In those cases, even after this nerf, I'll still be top DPS. I may even do more, becasue for those fights I'm usually FD to avoid agro. Now maybe I won't have to do that.
  18. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

didn't take a jab. you seem to do those just fine.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Look dude, I got no interest in sqabbling with you. I just pointed out that your post about censorship cuts both ways. Obviously you can't answer my question, so lets just say I'm right and call it a day. =)
    Message Edited by Zald on 05-22-2006 12:25 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

right, wrong. whatever. if you a necro you fine.