If you want to protest against the summoner nerf (see test update notes)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-prince_sd, May 17, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

I actually agree 100% with that last post (above the last post). But Disney is fun for alot of people. Thats why I HATE seeing people bash EQ2 for its simplicity. The game is great for people that like the Disneyesqe gameplay. Now, when something more hardcore RPG comes out, I'll be a 1st day subscriber... but not becasue I hate EQ2 for being what it is for its target market. I'm hoping Sigil keeps VG on its non mainstream path. So far it certainly feels like they care less about attractiving hordes of kiddies and slack gamers than sticking to their "vision", which,on the surface, I think looks great.

GPA, Yes, all summoners are being changed, Conj worse in some ways. All classes in general are being affected by the CC changes.

1 DPS nerf not on test becasue LU 24 hasn't been released yet... wow you people really don't pay attention... LU24 is going to be one big change to summoners. It sounds like you'd prefer the tid bit nerfs you just got through ranting about? At least be consistent.
    Message Edited by Zald on 05-18-2006 10:32 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Elveira Guest

I've actually been starting to think this exact thing myself. Perhaps "class balancing" has less to do with balancing abilities as seeing a (less im-)balanced number of people playing each class across the board.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

In general, if all classes were balanced and equally needed throughout the char progression, there would be a natural tendancy towards equal distribution. NO, I didn't say each class would be 14.3% of the play base, but you wouldn't see 30% summoners either. That only tends to happen when there is a real (or perceived) imbalance. If the imbalance was perceived only, the distribution would flatten back out once the rumor was debunked.

I doubt they care who plays what class as long as one class isn't dominating the landscape simply becasue its gimped. There is no easy mode char type in EQ2.
  4. ARCHIVED-Shipwreck_GPA Guest

I hope not. Some classes are inherently more fun to more people than others. This does not mean they are imbalanced.
  5. ARCHIVED-FrayedEnds Guest

sorry bro, soe cares not. after all look at what they did to SWG
  6. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

well MG said a few days ago that voting with dollars is how they go by it. And he is putting in his vote. nothing wrong with that.
  7. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

Well let's look shall we? Here are the numbers reported by Station Players for the mage classes across all servers. Note not all of these are played and include alts. This only reports what has been created and has a profile on Station Players.
    Mage lvl 1-70 all servers.
    • Necro's 77237
    • Conj's 69898
    • Wizard's 97685
    • Warlock's 53598
    • Illusionist's 37891
    • Corercer's 26200
    Mage lvl 60-69 all servers.
    • Necro's 1607
    • Conj's 1896
    • Wizard's 2641
    • Warlock's 1358
    • Illusionist's 818
    • Corercer's 457
    Mage lvl 70 all servers
    • Necro's 1014
    • Conj's 1203
    • Wizard's 1590
    • Warlock's 765
    • Illusionist's 481
    • Corercer's 362
    Information gathered from http://www.eq2census.com
  8. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

Gandalf's got a lot to answer for...
  9. ARCHIVED-Taranwen Guest

I used to play a templar as my main, LU13 hit and the templar community fell apart..i tried for months after to enjoy the class again and to no avail. i finally put the templar on the shelf and started playing my necro alt (who is now my main) and had a blast...truly a very fun class...which is also what i thought about the templar class before they nerfed the heck out of em. The templars have been protesting in numbers and many have stopped playing or cancelled their accounts due to SOE not listening to their customer base...nothing different wil happen here...although we can't all know how LU24 is going to "feel" until after the update goes through and we log back in and try it out. I'm praying it wont be as devistating as the templar changes i saw and tried to get past. I'm going to try to push through the pain in that case because i do really like to play my necro :smileywink:
  10. ARCHIVED-Truwen Guest

Agreed,If you can't play a game and accept the EULA which states the devs have the right to change things at their own discression then that is to bad for you and you are taking the right action to move on from eq2. It just seems to me that you don't like the fact that you are now not the tier 1 in DPS to bad for you damage doesn't define the necromancer our versatility does. At any rate I hope you the best and I hope you find the game that is perfect for you.

Furthermore, from reading the test notes this so called nerf isn't all that bad. We were never meant to out damage wizards in the first place so our damage from our pets/temp pets and oru spells were just put in line to reflect that fact. The only damage we lost was from pets which I believe in the patch notes said it was only a 17.3% loss in DPS (this may be from just the dumbfire/temp pets or all of our pets). My only concern is with my tank pet if he can't hold agro as well as he does now that may be a bad thing for me since I like to solo between group time.

-Truwen
  11. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

its funny how many people want censorship for people expressing their opinions when it doesn't agree with their own.
  12. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

We've been over-powered for a while, I'm surprised it took us so long to get hit. Roll with the punches.
  14. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

Then don't cancel. Simple.

This thread is not to discuss whether we were overpowered or not. There are many threads you will find for that.

If you think these dps nerfs without any addition to our utility are incorrect then cancel subscription as a means of protest.

If not, then don't. Simple.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

No one wants censorship. But if you come out and voice an opinion, you don't have a right to expect others won't rebut that opinion... Do you infer that people that disagree with the OPs opinion should be censored? The knife cuts both ways.
  16. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

Does this count as an opinion zald ?

THANK YOU LORD! This is reason enough to look forward to LU24!

Hey if you don't like the changes SoE is making, don't puss out and offer to come back. Be a man and walk away. Don't look back.
    Last I knew, it just shows attitude and not an opinion.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

And people that disagree with your basic assessment that Necros "lack" something are posting to contridict your bases assessment that we do. If someone agrees with you that necros are not a fun class to play... They don't need you to advise them on how to cancel their account. Thats an obvious choice that EVERYONE has EVERY day.

What you're doing is encouraging people to blackmail and bully ... or at least try to blackmail and bully.. the SoE devs. Thats not right! That actually is a slap in the face to every person that respects the fact that if SoE doesn't lead this game into a positive future, that no one else can! SoE isn't going to sell EQ2... so we need then to make the right decisions, not the decisions that a hand ful of irational self oriented lobbyists try to strong arm them in to.

The bottom line is... If you think the necro class is fun, viable, and needed throughout the game, then continue playing one. If you haven't experienced the changes 1st hand on test, then you can't answer any of those questions until the changes go live. If at ANY point, the game stops giving you satisfaction, for any reason, then you don't have to post on a forumn as if somehow the SoE devs have casued life to pass us by. Just realize that all good things come to an end, and leave it at that. Fill out the cancelation survey if you feel the need to do so, but you certainly don't need to help people that might be happy figure out that they shouldn't be happy. And you don't need to convince people that are on their way out they should leave... they already know that.

This sounds like a guy that would see his Ex having dinner with a new man, and find the need to go over and explain to the new guy how horrible a person the Ex is... That's just petty. If you decide ANYTHING in your life isn't worth having or persuing, then just stop.
    Message Edited by Zald on 05-19-2006 11:58 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Touche... You are 100% correct. And that's a fact.
  19. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

Huh ?

I am trying to blackmail and you are voicing your opinion ?

So what you are saying is people should only post on forums if they are soe fanbois like you. If you don't like some aspect of the game or some change that is being initiated they should cancel subscription but not post here so soe fanbois like you can keep posting here and paint as if all in eq2 world is rosy.

Are you just plain dumb or arrogant & stubborn to understand other people's opinion.
  20. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

You haven't seen the changes or the way they will affect all of EQ2 yet... but you're "certain" these changes will ruin the game/class... Do you want me to go back and post links to all the other threads you've posted that guarantee x-change will ruin the game/necro class? Cuz so far I don't think any such thing has occured.

Hey what you tell your friends is your business... but honestly, I have friends like you, and I know to take their advice with a grain of salt. Your view is overly pesamistic. If there are REALLY problems with the changes SoE is making, they'll be obvious soon enough. Then we can speak from facts and offer solutions, instead of speaking from fear of the "what-if". Call me a fanboi all you want... do a lookup, I'm critical when I need to be, and typically I actually provide facts, and suggestions not unsubstantiated fear laiden predictions od doom and gloom.

The world isn't Rosey as you put it, but nothing ever is. The reality is that some people will like the changes and others won't. But right now, as things stand, unless you've played exstensively on test, all you can know for sure is that the game will change in some ways.

Are you suggesting people cancel becasue the game is unplayable, or becasue they've changed the way you like to play and you don't like it? Could SoE make a change that adversly affected you, but was better for the game, and you NOT rant about it? Is it possible for you to recognize that the welfare of the game on the whole is more important than you as an individual?