Get Ready for 100 with Bonus XP Double Etymas, and the return of Ethereals & Artifacts!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

I thought F2P had always been two expansions behind.
    suka likes this.
  2. oldskool Active Member

Yeah I'm an idiot. I shouldn't post before noon. I forgot that I bought an expansion on my F2P acct.

Duh.
  3. Bashem Well-Known Member

Does this Etyma will not be use for currency for AoM? If so what is the new currency?
  4. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

They said they were planning to do something next expac with it, they hadn't quite decided what last I heard. Unless FeldonBot2014 has been updated :p
  5. suka Well-Known Member

not sure if they will be as useful as obols in the future, but the reason they are being offered now is:

this helps you buy and make things like the purple adorns. i am not sure what the new merchant there takes for the jewelry since i haven't found him yet.
  6. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

The new merchant is on the edge of the main island, not in town. He's got his back right at the edge where land meets air, and he's not very noticeable. I can get you a /loc when the game is back up. But he takes plat and etyma for his wares.
    suka likes this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

yeah but with the new expac being only a month away, that would be a rather dumb move. if you have it - having bought it earlier in the year - then this is great for you. if not, then enjoy the xp bonus. some people did buy the expansion but stayed silver. others bought and went down to silver. those that don't have the expansion would not have enough time to catch up if they bought it now. besides 5 levels, there are also all of those aas needed.

i say enjoy what you have, smoke 'em if you got 'em, and be happy you aren't being told you have to sub to get this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

thanks so very much. i'll go look for him since a couple of my toons could use some jewelry
    Avahlynn likes this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

no, we won't be using them. this has been answered before. every time there is a new expansion. we get a new currency for the new items coming out and the new zones. the older currency is left in the game for people like me who always only level 3 major toons and progresses the rest slowly.
  10. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

No prob. It isn't cheap as I recall, several hundred to several thousand etyma per item, plus plat.
    suka likes this.
  11. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Or like 50 Etyma per grab bag, but I don't trust grab bags...
    suka likes this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

lol that figures- well, leaves me out. i'll just use the ones bought with loyalty tokens. i have better uses for my etyma anyhow. i still have to make some purple adorns for those two toons and that costs etyma.
  13. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Ya know, I got two grab bags for the heck of it. It was 5 servings each of high end food (10 servings in total), which I sold for like ~50 plat per serving. I don't raid, don't need the food, but I did like the plat. :) Used it to upgrade some gear I do need and use.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

True, true :p I'm not much of a merchant though, so if I get something I hold onto it to use myself or throw it @ alts lol.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

So it cost you 100 etyma for 10 servings of food?...I can think of much better uses for my etyma, lol. Definitely won't be purchasing any of those grab bags. :D

Thanks for the extended bonus xp/double double etyma, SOE. I don't think even those who work on weekends can complain about this one, hehe. Really nice to get a full month of bonuses and then some. :)
  16. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Really? Lol, I looove selling in this game (almost as much as I like getting mail in game). What can I say, I'm a sucker for good surprises. Not much more cool in game than logging on to see that overnight you made 400 plat off stuff you were selling. :D

A good sales day or getting mail from someone that wants to be pen pals? I'm happy for days.

I totally wish we had a Norrathian pen pal program. Write to your assigned buddy once a week, just for fun... But maybe no one else loves letters. Hrm.
  17. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

..I have a lotta etyma. LOL. I hoard that stuff like a squirrel hoards acorns. So for me it was 90% about the fun of 'what will I get?' than anything else. At least the loot IS salable, as opposed to some heirloom thing I'd never use.
    Merriel likes this.
  18. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

I will sell stuff if I have to, but most of my plat is made logging in and adventuring every day lol. Probably because I rarely make alts, so I keep everything "just in case". Before I got rid of some stuff in my bank, someone once commented I was sitting on like 375~400p of masters...xD Sold those and immediately blew it all on reforging.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  19. Brailyn Member

"tov missions" is that expansion tov or the 3 tov zones
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Yeah I hate that everything is going to heirloom, not only because I can't sell all this extra gear and weapons I end up with, but also because I can't purchase these very same things that I still need because it's not available on the broker anymore. Seems like a lose/lose situation to me, and I don't understand the reasoning behind it. :(
    Avahlynn likes this.