Don't Miss This Summer's Ethereal Weapons Drops!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Serenaheq2 Active Member

But.... But.... BUT!!!! It was specifically said that the drop rate would be the same as in TOV on the live stream. We couldn't POSSIBLY have been lied to could we?!?!?!?!

To be honest I was a little worried they would be dropping too frequently at that rate. It looks like someone else thought so too and decided to reduce the drop rate to an extreme amount in the rare direction.

At this point the silence from the devs is the most frustrating part of all this.

Simple question. Is the drop rate how you expect it to be? How you want it to be? Or are player concerns founded and there is still a problem?

Initially we ran these zones with great anticipation, positive that our persistence would pay off. As the time has gone on and the zone and rare mob count has risen that anticipation has been replaced with frustration. And now the frustration is being replaced with apathy. Bleh to this event.
    Sydnye likes this.
  2. Korucuu Well-Known Member

Obviously the dates were/are subject to change. But, are we going to start seeing new Ethereals drop from tomorrow (2nd July)? Or has there been any kind of extension to wave 1 due to the adjustments needed at the start?

The ethereal bow is taunting me!
  3. Ansom Active Member

uhm, so... is the last day for this round, and we will have a 2-4h down for a general maintenance?
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

I missed it for sure but it wasn't for lack of trying.
  5. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

That feeling when you get an exquisite chest...
    That feeling when there is an ethereal inside...
    That feeling when the ethereal us just a stupid merc...

This is why throat-punching was invented...
  6. Ansom Active Member

Or a 91 master... :(
    Neiloch likes this.
  7. Rondo9 Active Member

Because of this, this would have to be my worst EQ2 experience ever.
    Neiloch likes this.
  8. Ranga Active Member

The final kick in the teeth though, is the fact that many of these weapons will still be on the broker at over 100kp long after their owners have left EQ2.

Just like many of last year's ethereals are still sat there at ridiculous prices.
    Kittybock likes this.
  9. Tomshindo Active Member

The first wave ended up in not dropping ethereal for fighters on sebilis server.Is it artifact? No, it is not.
    I feel that ridiculous.
    Drop rate of rare items comes lower on unpopular server than popular server such as AB if the rates is all the same.
    For example if the item is set to drop once every 200 heroic instances,it is natural we sebilis players rarely get them.
    I cannot help to say we cannot get it in 1 month at this rate because it did not drop.

I hope the ethereal for fighters 'Ma'ael' will also drop in the following waves, Nay, the weapons of the first wave should be dropped in the next waves at this rate.

Developer should have considered of the problem how the population affects the rates of rare weapons.
    And I think they did not test them at all.
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

We gave up on the Ethereal drops a while ago... 7 to 14 instances a day (half of which when doing 14 no longer rewarded ferrin) we gave up. We are still hitting the new fabled instances pretty hard due to the cloak and shinies.

*edit* And Amen to Apathy.
    Sydnye likes this.
  11. Rainmare Well-Known Member

will we get to see/know what slots items are on 'wave 2' without someone having to be lucky enough to disco one?
  12. DarkE New Member

Ran around 250 zones saw 3 ethereal drop (2 mage, 1 tank) and didn't get one of the first ethereals.

According to this thread wave 2 should have started Thursday..Can anyone confirm or deny this??
  13. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

14. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to see the statistics, the server on which the number is droped what type of ethereal weapons.

I think this alone would explain the relatively tense mood of the people.

For you developers, this is not a big problem right?

Behold I make you such a list you need only once the amounts as Enter a number there. Thanks

Antonia Bayle
    - Fai Thass. The Ravager =
    - Ma'ael, Heart of Stone =
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Barren Sky
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Butcher Block
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Crushbone
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Everfrost
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Freeport
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Guk
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Nagafen
    - Ma'ael, Heart of Stone = 0
    - The One Above = 0
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Oasis
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Permafrost
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Sebelis
    - Ma'ael, Heart of Stone = 0
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Splitpaw
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Storms
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Unrest
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

Valor
    - The One Above =
    - Vashti, the Ancient =

The figures which we are known about the lack of discoveries I have directly supplemented.

Thanks again in advance for completing the table, of course, only to overview the current time.

I can only say after I have been corrected by a developer in my number completed instances that I saw not a single ethereal weapon since 01/06/2015 in a total of 340 AoM and fabled Heroic instances.

The developer can confirm again that number also like. I have this time when counting more attention and not estimated.
  15. Tomshindo Active Member

16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I actually got the healer one out of fabled Innovation and since they extended these a week, you may do better to run fabled for one!
  17. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

What good is an extension by one week when simply does not seem to drop?

Of course there are a few lucky ones, most of which I know have not been nearly as many instances behind and in total there are extremely few, at least for us on the server Valor.

But if a developer is so cute my table above filling will still reflect this fact well. I fear that this will not do for various reasons.
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

We've been hitting the fabled zones really hard too. I've got some great upgrades and am almost done with the complete shiny quest but haven't seen an Eth.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Checking EQ2 Wire for the discos (http://tinyurl.com/EQ2-Lvl-100-Ethereals), most servers had discovered all of these by 06/21:
    • Fai Thass, The Ravager = discoed on 15 servers
    • Ma'ael, Heart of Stone = discoed on 13 servers (Nagafen and Sebilis have no discos)
    • The One Above = discoed on 14 servers (Nagafen has no disco)
    • Vashti, the Ancient = discoed on 15 servers
    We'd have to see if Feldon or someone with access to census data could do a search for character/server/ethereal weapon, to return totals of people shown in the census with that weapon. We wouldn't need names.
  20. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

I know what has been discovered, and where I can look it, but this gives no real statistics. Thanks anyway for pointing this out.

I would guess that the drop rates on most servers are per weapon type single digits, and on some servers 2 to 3 maybe 4 digits.

Certainly also depends on the amount of active players on the servers, but not only.

Because if here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/the-new-etherals-2-0.561182/ someone he writes has seen drop 10 pieces the ethereal weapons in 179 instances and I have now not seen only one in 347 instances it's more like a pure luck or misfortune.

Then there is obviously still a massive bug that should be corrected.

I would describe it as different fixed drop rates on the different servers interpret.

For me it seeth like this as if some servers the drop rate correction patch not received or it is something went wrong and therefore does not work as planned.