Crushbone Happenings

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin, Oct 23, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

Oh, this trip is going to be the death of me! I talked to Gnerdly Tinkerspark this morning and explained that we've got to take the sister of the groom to an emergency toe hair perm appointment and will have to meet up with him later this evening at 7pm pacific. Fortunately, this works better for him as well, as he mentioned that his brother had been caught snooping through Gnerdly's personal papers and the new start time will help prevent any meddling on the part of his brother.
  2. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

Holy crusted mackerels, what a trip that was! I am so happy to be back in my cozy little home. I had a wonderful time at the wedding, but sometimes the very best part of a vacation is coming home to your own bed.
    I've got a ton of scrolls shoved into my message cubby in the Hold, but I've sorted out the most urgent gossip for you:

• Tuesday, October 23rd @ 4:30 pm - Fyreweaver heard some rumors of the spooky goings on inside a house within Somborn Village and she's just SURE that she'll find someone (or someones!) that she can share a tale with while she's visting the Loping Plains this afternoon. She won't be venturing far from the city center, so stop by and sit by the campfire with her for a spell.
    • Wednesday, October 24th @ 10 am - Researcher Azureflame requires some new test subjects to further her studies into the strange infestation of fungus men in the Frostfang Sea. Seek her near the Pilgrim's Landing ferry dock in the Frostfang Sea to offer your services.
    • Thursday, October 25th @ 2 pm - The dockworkers in Butcherblock Mountains have noticed an odd halfing roaming about recently, seemingly muttering to herself and fussing over an empty basket that she carries. When approached, she rambles on about left turns, bushes, and berries. Concerned for her safety, they consulted a seer who felt that the young girl would be returning to the area at the listed time. Perhaps, if you look around very closely, you might catch a glimpse of her.

Also, you'll be catching me popping about Norrath with a very special quill, so make sure you ask me about the special spooky bestiary should you see me or any of the other Guides about! I never know when I'll have a few moments to spare, so keep an eye on the special 1-9 frequency that many of you use and I'll be sure to spread the word when I'm around.
  3. ARCHIVED-Koaoi Guest

I have just recieved word from Loxibe that he will return on thursday at 10 pm pst . He has told me that he will be at gate to the commonlands in freeport .

Come test your riddle knowledge , answer riddles and earn prizes.

he wants to see who is the best riddle answered in Norrath. Do you have what it takes ?
    He will be in freeport At 4 pm pacific time so join us at the freeport gate to the commonlands
  4. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

Boo! Are you all enjoying Nights of the Dead? I know I have been, and it's been great seeing you all out with your costumes (they are costumes... right?) The fun doesn't stop yet! Here's a few tricks that we have up our sleeves for next week:

• Friday, October 26th @ 10 am - Rumors have been circulating around Windstalker Village of some undead activity in the cemetary northwest of the village... and this time it has nothing to do with Holly! It sounds like someone has a bone to pick with the locals!
    • Saturday, October 27th @ 1 pm - Whispers of something decidedly NOT spooky have been coming from New Halas. It seems that a certain snowy fashion maven thinks that all of this creepy costume hoopla will pass and everyone will come to their senses and realize that classy is timeless and perfect for any occasion. Visit her near the docks and see if she can convince you too!
    • Sunday, October 28th @ 2 pm - There's only one thing that dwarves love more than ale and that's axes. Big ones, small ones, ones to cleave off your head! One such dwarven collector will be in the Butcherblock Mountains, not far from the road to Greater Faydark, seeking adventurers to run a small errand for him. There'll be some kobolds, but that's not a problem...right?
    • Monday, October 29th @ 5 pm- The Necromancers of North Freeport are looking for victims volunteers to participate in a scavenger hunt! Meet with them just outside Turmoil Cemetary in the Commonlands if you've got the guts! (Mwahaha!)
    • Wednesday, October 31st @ 11 am - Master Keenshot knows that the night will be fraught with peril since the veil between the dead and the living is thinnest during this time. He's seeking some assistance with a few supplies so that he and his hunting party will be well prepared to protect travelers as they are out celebrating. He'll be on the beach of the Thundering Steppes, just off the docks, should anyone wish to offer assistance.
    • Wednesday, October 31st @ 7 pm - Everyone's favorite ale-loving dwarf, Haldun's hoping that you'll join him by the campfire for some spooky tales and warm cider. He will be camping just outside the Hedge Hollow in Nektulos Forest, hoping that the screams from within will set the mood.

Also, there's still time for you to get your very own copy of the Guide's own catalog of icky things. If you haven't already completed it, make sure to ask me to mark your journal with my special quill if you see me or any of the other Guides roaming about! The magic in the quills will vanish when the festival ends, so be sure you don't miss out!

Just as a reminder, the Guides want to hear from you! We are here to make sure that YOU are getting the most out of your time in Norrath. Do you want to see more events during your play schedule? Trying to find that one elusive green shiny to complete your collection but haven't seen a Guide recently? Tell us -- we can't accommodate if we don't know what we're missing. Drop me a line here, or privately if you wish, and I'll spread the word. We welcome your feedback, the good and the not-so-good!

Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the fact that the Guide Program is always recruiting! Do you enjoy participating in Guide Events and wonder what it would be like to don the green robe? Visit http://bit.ly/guideapp and fill out an application! One of us! One of us!
  5. ARCHIVED-Kanissa Guest

My play time is really sporadic (usually afternoons to early evenings, though), so I hardly expect you Guides to plan around me! I've never managed to catch Braxle, though. His special recipes elude me.
    Thank you Elyshka, and all the others, for all the work you do!
  6. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

Thank you for the feedback, Kanissa. It's most appreciated! :)

The rumor mill has gone suspiciously quiet. I don't know if we're all getting over our candy hangovers or perhaps some of us might have had a bit too much ale at their celebrations (/em gives a pointed look to Haldun). In any case, I know that things will be happening this week, I just haven't heard many details yet. I DID manage to flag down Braxxel, one of the dwarven axe collectors and he mentioned that he'd be back in Butcherblock Mountains on Wednesday afternoon around 4:30 (probably so he'd be early for dinner at the tavern, I expect.)
    Just keep watching that special 1-9 frequency that many of you are tuned in to for more rumors, folks! Have a great week!
  7. ARCHIVED-Sr_Guide_Kellin Guest

Tomorrow around 4:00 PM PST 6:00 pm CST a young Arasai will be seeking to aid those who need that certain something to put the finishing touch on their abode. She will be on the docks of Antonica if you desire to have one of her handmade items. Drop by and see what she will require in creating these creations.

As always subject to change without notice due to real life and other creatures of the night :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Elyshka Guest

Oh, the tension in the air is just palpable! Two of Norrath's finest halfling politicians have resorted to slugging it out (verbally, of course!) tomorrow evening in a stump debate showdown! You can't complain if you don't vote!
    Come hear the mudslinging and campaign promises tomorrow evening, November 6th at 5 o'clock in the Enchanted Lands by the docks!