Canceling EQ2Players subscription

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Draco the Grey, Mar 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Draco the Grey Guest

[p]The $2.99 is no longer worth the services provided (if it ever was.) Specific reasons:[/p][p]1. The functionality of the website is worse than it was before the recent update.[/p][p]2. Leaderboard stats aren't being updated for weeks at a time - it still shows me as being level 64 even though I'm level 70 now. This didn't used to be a problem.[/p][p]3. The search functions are awful, for the items in particular. The in-game broker search is an example of how things should be done.[/p][p]4. No communication on when we can expect fixes. Making this service functional doesn't appear to be a priority to SOE, so paying for it is no longer a priority for me.[/p][p]I wouldn't say I'm terribly demanding, but enough is enough. EQ2Players has been nearly useless for a couple of months now. My $2.99 would be better served buying me a burger and fries. :)[/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Aanak Guest

Katryna@Lucan DLere wrote
    Well said. I've canceled my extras too for the same reasons--but especially #4. It really irks me that they have made no effort to communicate with us about these issues, even though we have been asking for weeks or months for some explanation and status.
  3. ARCHIVED-Badaxe Bart Guest

I agree to all 4 points of the OP. I am canceling eq2players.com as well.
  4. ARCHIVED-Siltha Guest

I have just cancelled as well for the same reasons OP described
  5. ARCHIVED-Zcore24 Guest

I have urged my entire guild who have the extras to cancel as well....this info should be provided for free.
  6. ARCHIVED-kellan123 Guest

I will no longer think about ordering it. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-fathampster Guest

i don't know if i should keep useing the service the only reason why i did use it is for the item database and only for that reason.. considering that the market on the server Permafrost is so out of wack now i am not asking for SOE to spill the beans.. all the way but it would be really usefull if they could at least let you know which zone or monster but not both at the same time.. is at for the item also i discovered that there is another fee for 24.99 a month i do not know what that covers but bottom line is they need to work on the site some more.. i do agree with you all about this this is my first time of useing the service. i was impressed about the item data base but was very saden when i could not be given a clue on where to find items and so forth. well anyways thats my feeling usefull thread maybe it will grab someone's attion at SOE HQ and make them rethink about there eq2 players web site good service but really needs to have more info about stuff on it.. bazso
  8. ARCHIVED-Basthardus Guest

[p]In full agreement with the OP. I said on these boards back in mid-January, that a premium-paid service should not be broken for months at a time. If SOE was providing this service for free, we wouldn't really have a gripe. But the truth is, we all pay specifically to have this information available and correct. As I see it, SOE has failed to live up to their end of this agreement, but continues to accept payment for it.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p]No more...[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-fathampster Guest

i think its a fair satement to say if SOE care's about that the money they are bringing in when they offer the service's to the players.. they would work on the site if SOE is that busy i think what should go down is to hire another person to do the site work.. and only for that site work let them have the info where the stuff is (items i am talking about) and to make everything else work.. i am betting sooner or later this subject will get locked at some point thats when i feel that SOE has heard eough and will not hear of it no more.. if that is the case i am asking why lock this subject all of us players are trying to do is make you gent's and lady's at SOE HQ.. awere that its time to improve the eq2 players site becuase our money is not just going to you guys just to be going to you guys.. we want stuff to be working i am sorry if sounds mean or rude but it is an honest question and we as in the player's would like to know whats really going on.. we want to know the turth of why things are not working on the eq2 players web site i respect all of you guys at SOE HQ.. and i feel you guys know what you are doing with this game but when i pay money to find out where stuff is so that i may be able to save money in game.. i want to know PLEASE ok thats all i got to say for now sorry everyone if i am takeing us off the subject but thats my out look on this iusse Bazso
  10. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Yes, I am quite disappointed with it as well. Mostly the item database, as some items are not even on it! What a shame. I cancelled mine as well, and hope it is updated soon.
  11. ARCHIVED-Demenshia Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Jaggid Guest

[p]LOL yeah they should be saying, "hey guys, we F'ed something up, we are looking into it, you won't be charged the extra money until we get it fixed and we will give you another month." But they continue to say nothing, like we wouldn't notice is broken.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Ratslave Guest

Aye, i canceled my other two accounts months ago...but i think this will be my last month ill have this feature for my main account. The orginal was so much better and nothing gets update on time. Otherwise the data it gives out is useless. Only thing i can see is that you can store 200 pics.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Hmz, taking it into consideration. Cancelling it. And as soon as the info is being updated for 2 weeks I will subscribe again. If only they stated they are working on it... But none of this is very disappointing. Edit: cancelled. And copied from the 'premiums': $0.99 - EverQuest II Advanced Character Profiles (see example character) Automatically updated character profiles including: inventory, game achievements, rankings and more! It doesn't say 'Automatically updated once in 2 weeks', does it? :p
  15. ARCHIVED-Amocus Guest

I'd cancel it to but...SOE doesn't make doing anything easy, including cancelling things. AND, I am too lazy to flip over to try it now so...they'll probably just keep sucking up my 3 bucks a month until I decide to quit the game altogther. If they could only get guild chat to work - it did once you know - I'd be happy.
  16. ARCHIVED-Taucher Guest

Mine's cancelled.
  17. ARCHIVED-MageChild Guest

I canceled mine as well. Not only do the individual functions not work, but the guild site is totally whacked. I'll be hosting that somewhere else, and using something like magelo or even pen and paper for my item database. At least then I know who to blame when my stuff isn't right. Personally, I think we ought to demand a refund for the length of time these features haven't worked. We paid for a service, it wasn't rendered. Simple as that.
  18. ARCHIVED-Splatty_Spatty Guest

For those of you cancelling due to an inferior item database, my old guild Xanadu on Runnyeye, have a great item database for you all to view, it is purely raid and instance gear. Check it out. It is updated pretty much daily Xanadu Loot Database hope this helps many of you. (also a free option)
  19. ARCHIVED-PurpleWarrior Guest

[p]Cancelled mine just now for similar reasons to the OP and particularly because it's not been updated in about a week now.[/p][p]Complete waste of 3 dollars a month... [/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Krith Guest

Cancelled the features for both accounts. No updates for over a week was the straw that broke the camel's back. Plus the complete lack of progress with the other features they have promised us for months but still haven't delivered.