Fixed Internally Bug: Shard Storm (Celestial) RISES recast time of Elemental Blast

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Beee, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Beee Well-Known Member

to continue this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...storm-celstrial-does-not-work-correct.611362/

A simple 100% step by step description to reproduce this:

1) Login a conjurer with Shard Storm (Celestial)
    2) check reuse of Elemental Blast => 1:30
    [IMG]
    (original reuse is 3:00, 100% reuse gives the 1:30)

3) cast Shard Storm (celestial) + cast Najena's Essence Summoning => produces 6 Shard of Manipulated Essence
    [IMG]

4) USE your own Shard of Manipulated Essence => reuse of Elemental Blast switches to 2:30 for the time the Elemental manipulation effect form the shards are running - You get 3 stacks of Elemental Manipulation
    [IMG]

Using Elemtnal Blast during the time of Elemental Manipulation it's really using the longer reuse timer (see usable in 2:29)
    [IMG]

The reuse time should be (3:00 - 3x10 seconds) / 2 => 1:15

Happens every time using the Conjurer Shard Storm (Celestial) and using a Shard of Manipulated Essence
    Smashey, LokiFee, Elvoron and 7 others like this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

cool - 1242 views and no reaction.. but hopefully this is reproduceable for Daybreak :)
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

there are not that many players LOL
    Pixistik, Smashey and Beee like this.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

So tested with a second conjurerer having his own celststial shards.. if he uses his shards my Elemental Blast rises the reuse time to 2:30 . should be really easy to reproduce :)
    Twyla and Kuulei like this.
  5. Fezagga Member

You might want to remind them that their test environment isn't the same as Live servers (they know this) so when they failed to reproduce the bug they should try on Live servers instead of their known bad test environment.

I would think they could spare the 30 seconds to test it, but I've been wrong about their ability to test many, many, many times.
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

Bug still 100% reproduceable in 10 seconds after patch September 26, 2023
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

Happens on Beta too - hopefully this is fixed until release of BoZ
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

Still occures on beta today - 100% reproduceable with 3 klicks
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

right after actual Update Notes - October 10, 2023 on live servers...

To help finding the problem i did following:

* Reset all AA points and skill only something to reach Elemental Blast ability
    * drop all buffs
    * drop all equipped items except an empty earring to get 30% reuse

=> Now Elelemtal Blast has a reuse timer of 2:06 (instead of 3:00 without any reuse)

Cast Shard Storm (CELESTIAL)
    Cast Najenas Essemce Summoning for generating the shards for the whole group
    Use a Shard of Manilupated Essence

=> Now (and the next 31 seconds) the reuse of Elemental Blast is 2:30. This is the 32 second reduction of the ORIGINAL reuse - not using the correct reduced reuse timer

After the 32 seconds the reuse of Elemental Blast swaps back to the correct reduced value of in theis casse 2:06

It's a very easy to reproduce mechanic problem which makes the CELESTIAL verion of the conjurer Epic Spell 100% useless.

Please check this or give us conjurers back the working Ancient version of the Shard Storm Spell.

I think inside the mechanic code just a "=" is missing .. so spellquality < Celestial instead of <= Celestial is used for correct recalculating the reuse timer ;)
    LokiFee, Elvoron and Kanv like this.
  10. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Report on beta forums too?
    Beee and Twyla like this.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

To make a positive check: Shard Strom (ANCIENT) works as expected (it does not enlarge the reuse), only Shard Storm CELESTIAL seems to have this bug. TNX for looking into this.
    Twyla likes this.
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

Additional information: It seems this only occures by the first usage of the Shard of Manipulated Essence which gives 3 stacks of Elemenatal Manipulation. If a second player uses Shard of Manipulated Essence within the thime we get 6 stacks of Elemental Manipulation and the reuse timer of Elemental Blast drops from 2:30 to the correct 1 minute.

This behavior is really anoying because it ruins the CELESTIAL version of conjurer Shard Storm if only one player uses the shards.

BTW: There is no difference if AA Conjurer tree Enhance: Shard of Essence is skilled or not .. same behavior
    Twyla likes this.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

Still occures on live and beta

And I noticed another funny (or sad) effect:
    The shards have a 30 seconds reuse timer
    The applied Elemental Aspect [3] effect has a 32 seconds duration.
    Usind a second shard within the 32 seconds, the 3 additional stacks are applied, but the duration is not renewed
    => The second Crystal of Manipulated Essence runs only ~1.5 seconds

Within these 1,5 seconds (6 stacks of Elemental Aspect) the reuse of Elemenal Blast is correct 1 minute :)
  14. Kanv Member

Is this issue getting resolved soon?
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

Was reported in august right after discovery of the celest spell.. so i hope, but i do not think for a fast fix.
    The only hint for conjurers: Stay at ancient version of the Sharsd Storm spell as long as possible. The celestial is a huge funcional downgrade :-(
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

Dear Devs,

Have you ever casted Shard Storm II (Celestial) and checked the results?
    Simply answer: NO

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...i-grandmaster-has-no-affect-on-shards.613297/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/conjurer-shard-storm-ii.612813/

Shard Storm II produces the same shards as I

[IMG]

The Celestial Spell does NOTHING else than the Shard Storm I (eve it it's correct in the popup description)
    AND it still RISES the reuse time to 2:30

Thanksfully the 2:30 reuse is allready confirmed

PLEASE FIX
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

Holy **** - Casting the spell just rises the CB OC for 8,1 seconds not casting a shard (what I expected)

=> Conjurers please beware of waste your celestial book for this spell.. the only difference is the 8 seconds CB OC on casting the spell.

100% Useless and the celestial spell has the same 2:30 bug like the old one
  18. Denebi Member

100% agree with you Beee and thanks for the time you took to report the bug and test
    Beee likes this.
  19. Proto12 Active Member

I used my GM book on it (never got the RoR version past adept), and discovered that it won't even affect the summoned shards when used (ref: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...i-grandmaster-has-no-affect-on-shards.613297/). In theory using a cele book on it for 3 stacks of Elemental Manipulation shouldn't be a waste, so hopefully they'll fix all of the bugs related to the spell (otherwise we don't get to utilize 1/2 of the spell's intended design :().
    Denebi and Beee like this.
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

Cool:

Test Update Notes: January 5, 2024
    ABILITIES
    Conjuror
    Corrected an issue that caused Elemental Manipulation to prevent Elemental Blast from using the casters Reuse Speed if Elemental Manipulation was at three increments.
    Corrected an issue that prevented Shard Storm II from applying it's tier values to the target of Shard of Essence and Najena's Essence Summoning, thus preventing the epic effects from the essences from being applied.
    Stormfront is now an incrementing effect that can increment up to 6 times.
    Shard Storm II will now add the Stormfront effect to Manupulated Essences.

Hopefully we will get it on Live too and it works as expected :)

BTW: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-has-no-affect-on-shards.613297/#post-6752225 is fixed with this patch too.
    Denebi likes this.