BOL recipe books 111-120 where?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by questcraft, Dec 19, 2019.

1. AOE1 Well-Known Member

They have grabbed all the cash they will get from me.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Where is the merchant that sells advanced tradeskill books for dungeon currency, plat, and status?
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There isn't one. The status merchant on Sanctus Seru has some tack and adornment recipes. The three researchers have or will have a few recipes. But mostly, they've been dropping from Overseer missions.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Thank you. I'd misunderstood a previous post.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  5. SynnikuL Active Member

Well I used my lvl 110 tradeskill boost a couple of weeks ago on my alchemist and went through the tradeskill timeline to get them to 120. I've also been harvesting a lot of the rares from the iron ore. I then checked the broker to buy all the advanced recipe books so I can make the expert spells for my fighter. You know, the same process I've done for YEARS in every expansion.

Boy was I in for a rude awakening. I still don't fully understand how to get expert spells.
    Tkia likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can get the basic books from the Guild Hall book vendor or the book vendor in your city's crafting headquarters.

The recipe books drop most often from doing the BoL Researcher missions.They can also drop from killing things, though I have noticed this is a lot lower drop rate.

There are some advanced books on the broker at ruinous prices. Try looking for your tradeskill type followed by the word "Studies". They are up at ruinous prices right now due to rarity, and prices will come down eventually... which may be months for all I know.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

I have gotten a ton of books from the overseer missions. So far from the researcher missions I've gotten a ton of harvest.
  8. Korochun Member

me too but...its mostly armorer, woodworker and weaponsmith. Only 1 book with jeweler experts and a couple of advanced books with adepts
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

What's NOT making sense is that the research quests' only "tradeskill" possible rewards are patterns and prospecting gear recipes. Absolutely no actual trade-skill class recipes whatsoever.:eek:
  10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I got an alchemist book from an overseer research mission. Even on the character that actually IS an alchemist. Still seriously thinking about brokering it though, as I'm not levelling any of my tradeskillers any more (no point).
    Argosunited and Breanna like this.