BOL recipe books 111-120 where?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by questcraft, Dec 19, 2019.

1. questcraft Member

where can I get the 111-120 recipe books? or whats the scoop with them?

specifically sage :)
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

After you've progressed far enough on the TS sig line (Piercing the Darkness: The Sad Tale of Benosch Ironsprocket Part I) you can buy them from guild hall recipe merchants

The advanced ones are dropping from overseers, researchers and solo instances.

I'm not sure where the shadowed/ephyreal ones drop.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Mum got one from overseer.
    Mermut likes this.
  4. Gnomfu Active Member

The new status merchant in the Binding has an item that can reward TS books. IIRC it cost 43 coins, some status and 210pp, but can only be bought 1 every 5 hours.
  5. Ahyes Member

So am I seeing this correct, you can only buy the advanced recipe books from the status merchant for adventuring currency?
    Argosunited likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

That's the only place to BUY them. They are also rare-ish rewards from overseers and researcher quests.
  7. Praisead New Member

Has anyone seen an expert spell book? The drop ones I have seen are only adept.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

They're the shadowed or emphyral recipe books
    Each expert takes -2- shadowed rares.. and every shadowed mat I've harvested has been a shadowed common.. with the rare tag.
    So good luck getting them made.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's so annoying to get a ton of recipes as a Sage to make... Adept spells. Seriously?
    ConcealFate, Alenna, SynnikuL and 4 others like this.
  10. Redlight Well-Known Member

I am not 100% sure why the system of adepts dropping from mobs and crafting experts from Advanced books was changed but this system does encourage using SC to research your upgrades, the idea of the Shadowed stuff is good but the products you can craft from them should have been more original.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

And you need to actually be able to GET THE MATS to make said products!
    Lateana and Mermut like this.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

Since Tradeskills went into Beta late, I'm hoping we'll see adjustments to all of this in the next month. The Shadowed Prospecting wasn't even testable in Beta. Let's see what happens after the holidays. Here's hoping for significant improvements over the current system.
  13. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Well considering that armor/jewelry from solos is 155 and crafted is 135/150 ( In beta Void was 160, in live 150 now) , not sure how big a deal is it to get the books now.

And Expert spells are shadowed rares now - that is making it hard to do heroics at the moment.
    Alenna and Jaeded like this.
  14. EmJay Well-Known Member

I received an Empyral Jeweler's 111 book from an overseer quest. The expert scout CAs in that book take 1 Shadowed gem, 2 rare food and some common mats.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

All of these issues were brought up as soon as TS stuff hit beta. Unfortunately we received no responses to any of our concerns about recipes or itemization. We have no idea what, if any, of it is even up for consideration to be adjusted :(
    Quillyne, Tkia, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

All the adventurers that this game is now solely aimed at
    had better start levelling their own crew of crafters. I wonder if they continued after epic 2.

I guess choosing how we play is now a thing of the past.
    Alenna, Rhodris, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  17. Gnomfu Active Member

I've started rebuilding my alt crafters into monk / crafters. Originally i had my craftinh army spread over various adv classes so i could go play different styles while keeping them at max crafting. Now after seeing book prices and mats needed i've decided to make all my crafters one class (monk) and then i only need to worry about a limited set of advanced books to gear them.
  18. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I do not understand why they totally made a mess on tradeskilling books. There was nothing wrong with the way it has been for years. Adepts spells dropped from mobs, Advanced books from mobs or chest or were quest rewards. Now they have us making Adepts that are not worth the time and effort to make AND those books are rare to come by? I get more benefit from my lvl 110 spells than I get from a higher level Adept. And as of the past few xpacs the very idea of getting a Master's became nearly unheard of if you are not a raider. This, to me, is totally confusing and another bad idea.
  19. Tkia Well-Known Member

I believe you answered your own question.
  20. Ayudame Member