ARENA OF THE GODS

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Jrel, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Jrel Well-Known Member

2. Dinwiz Active Member

nice surprise there
  3. Crychtonn Active Member

Stuck at work but seeing the new item disco's on EQ2U. Am I right to guess the 200 stat armor with bonus effects are coming from the Arena of the Gods?

Is the 3 day lock out on loot awarded for each Avatar or is it you only get loot once every three days. If you killed Sullon, Tallon and Vallon one night would you get loot from each and then if you killed them again nothing for 3 days. Or would you only get loot from Sullon the first one you killed. Curious how this place works since the notes don't say exactly.
  4. Geothe Active Member

I'm pretty sure you get loot from 1 encounter total, every 3 days, not once per avatar.
  5. Oldtimer Active Member

Glad you're not my employee.
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

you get loot once every 3 days, but you can kill any/all avatars at any time
  7. Chronus Active Member

Agreed, so many people are going to love this.
  8. Silzin Active Member

do you meen you can get loot from each every 3 days or just loot from the zone 1s every 3 days?
  9. Lempo Well-Known Member

It also give the achievements, and I thought that Kander specifically said it would not give them.
    You can also reset the zone in 18 hours 3 days is the max duration.
    /bugged and feedback on it hopefully it gets fixed to work more reasonably.
  10. Chronus Active Member

The achievements don't give the rings, they're subtly different.
  11. slippery Well-Known Member

Random spawn chance on Bristlebane is dumb. Killing Avatars endlessly for no loot for a random chance to get a mob that drops best in slot loot in not a good, fun, or challenging mechanic. We gave up after 10. That's a downright terrible mechanic. There needs to be a guarantee spawn, probably after 3.
  12. Karagon Active Member

You are not supposed to spawn it and farm loot from it. It's just random that CAN spawn and give you some cool loot if you are lucky. Nothing more
  13. slippery Well-Known Member

Which means it's pretty much never worth going in there, ever. It's a god awful terrible idea. You could go in there and kill 1000 avatars and never see it. That's as bad as it gets.
  14. Teal New Member

Is it random chance after every kill? or only random chance after the loot kill?

It seems a few guilds got it on the first go.
  15. Karagon Active Member

This zone is supposed for people who can't kill the outland avatars or need to try to kill them for not best loot. Nothing more. Random chance of spawning bristlebane is just a luck for them.
  16. Chronus Active Member

Except he has the best mount and cloak (if your myth cloak sucks) in game. We got it after the first one. I'm hoping it spawns as contested as well so the random luck chance isn't as much of a hindrance in getting what we need from it.
  17. Kraeref Well-Known Member

can you spawn an avatar and if it's not a Bristlebane wipe it to skip a loot and just continue to spawn until you get him? Would it be considered an exploit? We got him spawn yesterday on third (iirc) try but we killed an avatar and got a loot before him. Nice gear updates for a scout and a plate healer. Both got discoed.

But at one point in time the zone first freezed for 10-15 sec and then crashed on us.
  18. Kaarkula Active Member

So the lockout timer on this instance is 18 hours; However I've been hearing can only get loot once every 3 days. So you can get a new instance and they wont drop loot?

Eh?
  19. Pendleton New Member

I'm sure the loot is tied to the instance because that would be unprecedented that they somehow could save such data with the character to prevent an instance from giving loot. It would create all kinds of complexities if the raid consisted of mixed characters who had and had not been in an instance that gave loot in the last 3 days.
  20. Gninja Developer

Can you send me some details over PM please?

The lockout is incorrectly set. It will get changed to be a bit longer. It should be minimum 3 days max more like a week. I will try to get this changed asap.