Another quest with NPC conversation broken

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Sunborne, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Sunborne Member

Just finished the quest "Crumbling Isle" and was trying to get "Running for Safety". It requires a conversation between Researcher Aillena Belzia and Overseer Clackwhinge - which stops before offering me the quest. This is the second quest of the Shattered Seas/Altar of Mailce questline, I have not even left the dock area yet. :cry:

I camped to self, camped out completely, kicked the NPCs in the shins, and petitioned, but thought someone might have an idea of how I can jumpstart this?
  2. Chrol Developer

What server are you on Sunborne?
  3. Sunborne Member

Guk.
  4. Chrol Developer

Just checked and I was offered Running For Safety after Crumbling Isle. Please try it again and let me know if it's still a problem for you.
  5. Sunborne Member

It worked. Guess it just needed a server rest? Thanks.
  6. Chrol Developer

Yeah that probably did it. I was just going to go in and respawn the NPCs, otherwise.
  7. Bolo New Member

I am having this same issue. I have even tried deleting the quest and starting over but nothing. In fact, when I did restart, when I went to find a "survivor" (Ailleen), there was one laying on the ground, and one still spawned with a feather above her head.
    Bellah likes this.
  8. Bolo New Member

And this is on Freeport server
  9. Bellah New Member

Same for me. Three of us are standing here trying. We have all restarted and deleted. She has the feather..chats up a storm but doesn't give the next quest. We are on Freeport server
    Bolo likes this.
  10. oppp7 New Member

I have the same issue as them I think. Freeport server.
    Bellah likes this.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

This issue keeps rearing its head, it's true, even after we attempt potential fixes (as done back on July 6th).

There are currently several forum threads all having to do with the same code issue... the main thread being "Phantom Sea Signature Broken" (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/phantom-sea-signature-broken.561594/)

As I stated in that thread on Sept 14th,
    We understand the frustration. Hopefully the issue will be identified and fixed, soon!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Bellah New Member

Ok I get that. But.. we can't continue the quest line? So this is an issue for over a month and we should be content waiting to do a quest line? Maybe fix what's broken before adding new content and server merges?
  13. Bolo New Member

So what does the "Phantom Sea" quest line have to do with this bug?? This is in "TRANQUIL SEA" as stated in the beginning of this thread. So...It is the SAME bug effecting 2 different zones and 2 different quest lines?

And I agree 100% with Bellah. Server merges, new content, etc etc and this bug is going on a month of not being addressed? So things are broke but lets push out new content and merge servers and go with the "Oh Im sorry, we cant seem to replicate or figure out what is causing this" excuse?

And yes...I am frustrated as this seems to be a normal thing for Daybreak / SOE,,,, whatever its called now, and it is getting more and more frustrating as things seem to start falling on deaf ears.