AA Build Calculator

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Beetny2, Nov 13, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Beetny2 Guest

I've been working on a EQ2 AA calculator for the last few months, as there seems to be a lack of decent ones out there that are up to date. It looks and feels almost identical to what you see in-game, and allows you to save builds to a URL for future reference. The spell descriptions are not totally accurate, but as far as tracking builds I think it works well. Anyway, just putting it out there incase someone might find it useful, and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/
  2. ARCHIVED-CazTirin Guest

I'm bookmarking this.

Excellent, amazing work. If I knew more than a molerat about html (or whatever you used to make the site) I'd be happy to help you tweak and fix things with it to make it even better.

Honestly I'm rather surprised that there are not more calcs out there. With the amazing minds that play EQ2, I would honestly expect more calcs than WoW has. Sadly, yours is the best I've seen and is as close to the ingame window (spell descriptions and all) as I've seen.

Thank you for the work on it. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Meriwyn Guest

Looks good. Will definately book mark and pass on.
    One note. The reactive AA's in the mystic and templar trees aren't letting me put any points in them.
    Meri
  4. ARCHIVED-Bright_Morn Guest

Final line in the sorc trees are not selectable after picking 22 points int he previous tree.
  5. ARCHIVED-Hilt Guest

Inquisitor build...Inquisitor page: I thought Invocation Strike took 5 points...
    EXCELLENT WORK otherwise!
  6. ARCHIVED-Beetny2 Guest

Thanks for bringing these bugs to my attention, they should be fixed now. I will continue to make tweaks and adjustments as I get the time. I'll certainly be looking at removing individual points and being able to max skills faster for my own sake to avoid getting RSI while testing. Eventually I'll look into compiling detailed per-rank stats for completeness, but with a new level cap on the horizon I may hold off for now. Basically it is all taken from level 1 characters with the exception of the few level 80s I have. It's quite possible I have overlooked some of the AA that have higher costs or different number of ranks, just let me know.
    Glad people are liking it so far Makes the many, many hours I spent transcribing worthwhile.
  7. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Looks great.
    Wouldn't let me put a point in the final Troub ability on the Inspiration tree - i.e. Resonance, bottom right corner.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kindrik Guest

Looks good, found some problems and have a suggestion:

Problems:
    1) For Paladin AA, in the Crusader tree. Hammer Ground's description doesn't change even if you put in 8 points.
    2) Paladin AA, in the Paladin tree. I'm not at home to look at this, but Blocking Mastery only unlocks if you spend 20 points in Hero, but the calculator only allows you to spend 16.
    3) Paladin AA, Shadow Tree. Battle Hardening says "Reduces all physical damage done to caster by up to 248.0/li>", I think the formula you're using might be having an problem?
    4) Paladin AA, Shadow Tree. Knight's Stance has a typo, currently says "shie;d" instead of shield.
    5) Paladin AA, In all trees: It does not count the first point spent in each tree, thus showing that you've only spent 1 less than the total allowed. (i.e. 69 of 70 instead of 70 of 70).
    6) Paladin AA, Shadow Tree. If you have 170 points spent globally, and 10 points in crusader, the Paladin line will not unlock (even though it says that is the requirements). Once you spend 1 more point, it unlocks.
    Suggestion:
    I don't see a way to right click to un-spend a point. This feature would be very useful instead of having to completely reset the tree.
  9. ARCHIVED-woolf2k Guest

10. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Kindrik@Unrest wrote:
    +1
    This is an EXTREMELY nice tool! Thanks so much for your work on this!
  11. ARCHIVED-Gamer1965 Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Kindrik Guest

Mindor@Permafrost wrote:
    After playing around with the Brasse AA calc you linked, must say the OP (even with some of the issues), is better.
  13. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Bugs / Problems I found on a quick look:

Shadowknight
    Shadowknight tab
    Choosing Insidious Whisper rank 2 does not allow points to be spent in Hateful Slam or Death March. Description (and in game function) says you should be able to do so.
    Choosing Mortal Embrace, rank 3 does not allow points to be spent in Alternate: Siphon Armament. Description (and in game function) says you should be able to do so.
    Choosing Leech Touch, rank 3 does not allow points to be spent Tap Veins or Mana Sieve. Description (and in game function) says you should be able to do so.
    Removing a point from Insidious Whisper (from rank 2 to rank 1) allows points to be spent in Hateful Slam and Death March. It should not allow this.

Yea, I'm gonna go ahead and wait for a newer version before I give this on the thumbs up. Looks like a good start, but still very flaky and unreliable.
  14. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

Good job!

Man, it is nice to have folks like yourself (OP) who take the time to make these types of various out of game tools and share them.

Thanks for your time and efforts.
    Robo
  15. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Kindrik@Unrest wrote:
    Yeah, even with the issues I switched my bookmark to the OP's. Brasse's was great back in the day. But it doesn't have Shadows, nor does it give the details of how each point spent upgrades the ability.
  16. ARCHIVED-Macross_JR Guest

this is a great build, one bug I have found is in the mystic class, tso tree, Ethereal Weaponry is not selectable to put points in with having the correct number of points placed. Also should not require 10 points placed in the shaman line there.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kindrik Guest

Beetny2 wrote:
    Beetny,
    Thanks for working on the issues we've all brought up as well as implementing the right-click remove a point suggestion, great job!
  18. ARCHIVED-Beetny2 Guest

Thanks again all for your patience and support, it's good to get these bugs ironed out. Right-click now removes points, for the moment it pessimistically removes any points below it in the tree to ensure prerequisites aren't violated. The Shadowknight tree and TSO prerequisites should be fixed also. As always, let me know of any corrections, I'm eager to get this thing as usable as possible.
  19. ARCHIVED-Pyra Shineflame Guest

Hmm, I would love to take a look at this but for some reason it isn't working for me. The tree's themselves don't show up and the frame is black, is there an addon I need to have?
  20. ARCHIVED-Beetny2 Guest

Which browser are you using?