What am I looking for in an aug?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Gruffish, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Brohg Augur

Reread that, Zentara. Mitigation, not avoidance.
  2. Pwnography Augur

Zentara,

When I plug in my character to Dzarn's calculations, what we're seeing here is an estimated 0.37% increase to "Mitigation AC" by increasing HStr by 200 points. I don't believe that even with 40, 50, 100 hours of parses, I could get enough data to show a small enough confidence interval on that to 'prove' statistically that it is relevant. We're talking about very minuscule increases there, unfortunately.

I *might* be able to test the effects of HAgi on Avoidance AC by boosting a higher number of break points. When I add 125 HAgi onto my character (easily done with potion+tribute,) I find that we're seeing a 5.94% increase in "Avoidance AC," or miss rates. I would need to re-run my Agi parse across higher breaks and see if I can show that. Keep in mind that it won't increase miss by a flat 6%, but we'll get a 6% gain from the previous rate. I.e., if I'm being missed 15% of the time even, I should see that jump up to 15.9%. The problem is, even ramping up every test dummy with 75x of a macro that does /increase attack speed, /increase accuracy, /increase offense in it across all five dummies, the actual 'miss rate' is abysmal. Not saying I can't do it, but it'd take me a couple 24-hour parse sessions to get enough data.

I'll see if I can do that first. Given all the choices on Heroics, I can tell you that HStr is probably last in line, aside from HInt and HWis. It's there in the code, we know it exists, but I'm not sure its provable with our current test environment.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Actually it was tested and no conclusive showings (other then dps) going from 0 to 75 hstr hence the "it doesn't work" conclusion because functionally it does not. In theory it might. I doubt you'd see it without massive amounts.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

Also what potion are you talking about. Link if you would not mind.
  5. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

For anyone curious, here's a visual explanation of why HSTR wouldn't have a visible impact on your AC:

[IMG]

Similar breakdown for Avoidance AC:

[IMG]

If you get the Tears of Alaris, and an entire set of HAGI augs (let's say 140 HAGI), you can increase your Avoidance AC by 62 (17 from 10 Defense skill, 45 from 140 HAGI). This would be roughly a 5.6% increase in Avoidance AC as Pwnz mentioned.

A few comparisons (ignoring the dodge mod on HAGI):
    10 Defense skill = 17 Avoidance AC = 75 AGI = 53 HAGI

So the Tear provides the same amount of Avoidance AC as a 53 HAGI aug would.

From my parses before, I showed 140 HAGI to increase NPC miss rates by ~1.07%, and the Tear to increase the miss rate by ~0.27% (vs a Test Dummy). This shows that every 10 HAGI increases miss rate by ~ 0.076%, and that roughly 130 HAGI will net you 1% in total additional misses. This should probably be confirmed vs a trash mob.