Thanks for ruining Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Intentions Augur

I can cancel my account for every 3 months out of the 6 if I am really that bored. If I'm not bored, I can just stay in the game longer.
  2. Steampunk Augur

According to Roshen's post, the majority was "slight", certainly not a landslide either way. This is further supported by Holly's observation that the populations of the two servers are about even. Granted, the transfers are not over yet, so things are still subject to change, something all the doom-predictors and naysayers seem to forget.
  3. Steampunk Augur

Obviously, a little less than half the population did want Kunark later. Their reasons are just as valid to them as yours are to you. What exactly makes your opinion better than theirs?
  4. RainbowTest Augur

I do get it, that is infact exactly what I want to have happen. I want the people trying to convert my games limited content into their own personal free ticket to do so with a high risk. I have no problem helping friends farm plat on FV or Vox to get them a krono when they need it. Also the krono market on FV and Vox will improve immensely if this happens so it won't be as rough as it is now on those servers. The krono market should not exist on the premium subscription only servers. Its created THE worst pay to win model that has ever existed in a video game.
    Fallfyres, Finley and Steampunk like this.
  5. Steampunk Augur

I agree 100%. Make it as risky as possible, and with no recourse.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Barton The Mischievous

She said that only a few days into the transfers, could have very well been true then and now days later even more have moved to LJ
  7. Barton The Mischievous

8. Jackmerius New Member

It's not pay to win, there are no winners in EQ. Pay to win only exists in competitive games.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Oh god, is your surname Tacktheratrix? If so, massive /captip!
  10. Steampunk Augur

"Win" is a relative term, and it sounds much better than "pay to gain an advantage".
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. Fallfyres Augur

----------------------
    Absolutely right on. Of course there are those who will continue to do it. The pro's doing it know the ins and outs of the shady side of currency conversion in mmo's and already have their contacts set up.

But the practicer's and oh-so-tempted players who want to START buying their way OUGHT to have a big RISK. It DOES provide some deterance if people get burned fecking around with doing crap with shady crappers so they can get a shortcut by paying cash instead of PLAYING THE GAME.

Yes, I understand DBG is getting a profit ... the reason some of us bring this up is we'd like them to examine whether or not the profit they currently derive from it continues to be worth it? It is possible there are other decisions which could be made with regard to the way Krono is allowed to be traded by players ***on these premium subscription-only servers or on the one that is planned for this winter***???
    Steampunk likes this.
  12. Skipper Augur

I wish Lockjaw all the best, but when Kunark opens, Lockjaw is going to get lonely. Then, there can only be transfers FROM Lockjaw to Ragefire.

And believe me, SIX MONTHS IS A LONG TIME TO WAIT WITH ONLY CLASSIC.

[IMG]
  13. Beastro Augur

If only TL had tried to openly let it be known they were trying out and not be , but everything that happened couldn't waste away the reputation.
  14. Beastro Augur

What the hell are you talking about?

It didn't start off the same way. Waiting for LJ to come up launch we (MIM) were talking to Faceless and others about endgame and working out an agreement that other guilds got on line with. The only ones that stood out from that were Modest Man, Ascending Darkness and mage armies like Tulkas and Smooth, MM to troll the server, AD because they thought they could win the DPS races and the mage armies were forced to join guilds they were associated with for those guilds to keep the boat from being rocked.

Fact is there was a strong drive from the get go to make Lockjaws server culture different before the concrete dried and the server is better for it. RFs drive was TL wanting to swing their around that caused the exodus in the first place.
    Zublak likes this.
  15. Jaxarale01 Augur

Because of exactly what I said... some of the people that voted for 3 months decided the toxic environment was more important to escape than to go to Kunark in 3 months...

Lets use numbers per what DB said. They said that max nostalgia (6 months) vote won on both servers... however when they added the Now vote and the 3 month vote it gave a slight majority for the push ahead option on both servers so they kicked in to Kunark.

so...

49% voted 6 months
    25% voted 3 months
    26% voted now
    so you have 51% voting push ahead and 49% for 6 months... a slight majority as stated by DB.
    If the 49% on RF that voted 6 months left... and as I said, some of the 3 month crew left (say 5 to 10%) you would have what you said... more than half of the server leaving for LJ.

The numbers are subjective just to show what I am talking about.
  16. Greymere Augur

3 extra months of Classic is not too tough a price to pay in the long run for the benefit of a less antagonistic player population and a stronger player population, its a small blip in the life of a server projected to unlock over 6 years. Plus DBG already told us they would check back to see if Lockjaw still wanted to remain at 6 months again later.
    Jaxarale01 and Jugerrnaut like this.
  17. Steampunk Augur

But, we don't have to wait six months. We only have to wait less than four months. You were the ones who just couldn't wait.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  18. Constellation Augur

^^^^
  19. Tulgin Augur

According to the vote, the server transfers should have been equal both ways. All I see is people leaving RF, do we have reports of anyone at all transferring the other way? If not, that means it's nothing to do with the expansion unlock schedule.

I must say, congrats TL. Any other guilds manage to make half the server leave? :D
    Gyurika Godofwar and Jaxarale01 like this.
  20. RainbowTest Augur

I think the primary reason for leaving RF is to away from some really horrible human beings that are vested in raiding on that server. RF wasn't ruined by DBG, it was ruined by the cesspool that is Apok/TL. I just hope DBG sees this and starts to cater to the majority instead of the minority.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Jaxarale01 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.