Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am still not sure how that would be "experimental" and not just new content.
  2. coltongrundy Augur

For sure let's keep arguing over what the definition of "new content" means.

TLP means Time Locked Progression. That "Progression" refers to unlocking expansions sequentially in the order they were originally released. There will never be new content added to old expansions, only new ways to play that same old content: AOC's, pick zones, level requirement changes, spell resist modifiers, loot randomization, loot multipliers, experience modifiers, every character is a Heroic character, etc... These are the kinds of things they do on TLP servers.

Veksar was not new content created for a TLP server. It was content zone created for live servers around the time that LDoN was released so it gets lumped in with LDoN on TLPs, because that's how Time Locked Progression works.

"Hard Mode" raids (as defined above, player number restrictions with better loot) are not the sort of things that they do on TLP because that would require creating new out of era items. The only time you get new out of era items on TLPs it's mounts, bags, DB store items for cash, or if it's not something you have to buy, then it's cosmetic only. If hard mode raid rewarded more loot instead of better loot, that is the sort of thing that they do on TLP servers. They already have the ability to conditionally multiply loot drops (see the Vaniki server, and the charity event), they could easily add a check to see if expedition player count is <= x, double the loot. That would just be a new way to play existing content, like they regularly do with LTP servers.
  3. theonepercent Augur

Server name will be Kithicor and all classes will get "track."
  4. Faydra Augur

Sure seems like everyone already has it.
    Qingwa, Kaenneth and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  5. brickz Augur

everyone who knows what they're doing already has track homie
    Lineater likes this.
  6. filthytlpplayer Elder

Some people consciously choose not to cheat despite knowing that crap is out there and knowing what they're doing. The pervasiveness of that crap and the deeper hacks destroy the TLP and EQ experience. It's to the point where if you want to pull on raids, for example, guilds will require that you're running third party maps. I hope everyone who knows what they're doing are suspended/banned.
    Magneress and Kaenneth like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It could be a no 3rd party software server.
    Qingwa, Magneress and Appren like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you said that with a straight face I would be seriously impressed.

Good troll though.
    Qingwa and Appren like this.
  9. Bewts Augur

It’s going to be achievement based rewards that are claimable once per account per server and heirloom.

They’ll use TLP to test the functionality of it and offer TLP gimmicks like we see already for achievements on Vaniki. Then, for each anniversary they’ll roll out new achievements on Live for neat things for prior expansions.

It has the added benefit for Live of recycling 20-25 years of content with minimal development required.

To think of it another way, they will rebrand the Veteran AA concept into new toys, AA, titles, or other yet to be conceived things.
  10. jeskola pheerie

That is too much like Vaniki to be "never done before", imo.
  11. coltongrundy Augur

That's literally Vaniki.
  12. Bewts Augur

The concept of account wide achievement rewards is not new, true.

But its scope is severely narrow to oddities they’ve conjured up for a very narrow set of things on Vaniki. There are ample ways to expand account wide achievements via TLP be it claimable AA, clicks, or even items, quest rewards, or keys of importance.

The caveat is that for live…. 99% of these things are inconsequential and most things of consequence for live are too powerful for most of a TLP lifespan. Marrying the two is the challenge. Doing things like veteran rewards (or converting them) that you can only earn on a TLP via achievements seems plausible - IE account xp bonus / plat bonus for achievements is something EQ2 quasi applied (more xp per max level character for instance).
  13. Ythera Augur

Get rid of required and recommended levels off gear.
    Magneress likes this.
  14. Xanathol Augur

Been hearing some strong opinions that it will be content & reward scaling. If it is the case, you can almost guarantee that (1) it will not be implemented well and (2) will only serve to burn through content even faster (which would not be good for anyone). Time will tell.

IMO, unique TLPs are the way forward. Things that are not like live with no intention of ever being so. Mischief random loot is a good example/start.
  15. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I've said it long long ago.

I think they should try out "guild flags."

As long as the guild has met the requirements for a raid (excluding personal progression) the whole guild should be flagged.

So if you have to beat specific events once, or several times, whatever it may be for the progression requirements, the guild would progress at the same rate.

New players brought into the guild would be "covered" by the flags of the guild.

Individual members participating would still receive personal flagging as it currently exists.

If your character moves from Guild A to Guild B, you carry your own personal flags with you. You lose any coverage of flagging from Guild A, but gain any flagging Guild B has.

PUG Raids:

I would say 52% (28 players) from a single guild or 66% (36 players) from a single guild would be the minimum requirements.

For current content, 66% would be in effect. For FTP content, it would be reduced to 52%.
    Ythera likes this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Seems like a nice QOL change.
  17. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Personal loot would be the death of EQ. company would go BK - we will all be happily playing D4 in June.
    Brazy likes this.
  18. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Bubba, this game is already casual friendly.
  19. Bartholomo Journeyman

What amazes me, is that I thought they listened to the playerbase, to a certain extent, on what WE as a community want in a TLP. I understand that it is tough, because the troll's are real and some people just spout nonsense, but the community as a whole usually has some pretty fantastic ideas. It is easy to see which threads have people vying for the same option. One thing I see a lot of is free trade. Another is mischief 2.0. Some people hate those ideas, and thats ok. But if a new TLP releases without implementing not a single thing that anyone has asked for, it makes people feel like they aren't heard. Call it childish or a dream, a lot of our community is very cynical, but it would be nice to get at least some of what we ask for. I personally love free trade. The random loot was cool on mischief, but free trade is something that I believe should just be a part of the game. Passing down your raid gear to an alt or friend or guildie is a great quality of life improvement. Anyway, just my 2 cents. All we can do is hope for the best and see what they come up with!
  20. Vindar Augur

Good news! Mischief is still there and you can go play anytime you want!
    Qingwa and Rasper Helpdesk like this.