Lunatic Title

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shay, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Shay Apprentice

Has anyone got one this year?
    I missed it last year, and I've been zoning half the day, and...nothing.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Wow. I want this title. For me it's more of a description though.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Yes, but it took a while on some characters.
  4. GnomeGnomeGnome Elder

I got that title along with a painting: Haunting Laughter. But it is on my level 1 trader character that never leaves the bazaar.
    Kalvenie likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its supposed to be given for zoning. How did that happen I wonder?

Meanwhile I have a character that has not been awarded it for the last 5 years and have zoned well over 50 times on April fool's. But devs say just keep zoning. So I do.
  6. Hekaton Augur

the amount of times you have to zone is equal to the amount of posts you have on the eq forums
    Iven likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

CatsPaws likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And this is the year. So it all started back in 2018 and each April 1st I would zone this character all over the place - over 50 times each year. Had screen shots of the whole thing. The problem was he was the one character I did it the short cut way. So he got the /ach marked off and the painting but never got the suffix.

Until today. After 6 years and all those zones and another 23 zones today he finally got the message "you let out a hearty chuckle" and sure enough - his suffix is there!

Whew. Now I can quit playing him. :D
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

Zoning into the GH will remove the buff. If you get the buff, and instead of zoning, you take a TL or an anchor to the GH, you will not get the ACH and you will have to again obtain the buff.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

Multiplied by two for CatsPaws. :p
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

I heard that halflings do receive a bonus for achieving the title ...
    My halfling drood is the only one of my toons, who got it.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

10 minutes zoning from GFay to N. Felwithe and back again and I am an official lunatic. I am so proud.
    Madeni, Yinla, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  13. Iven the Lunatic

Wow, I just received the lunatic title with my last post !
    Nennius likes this.
  14. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Hope it doesn't go away because I got it then a week later I logged in and it was gone.

Hope you don't lose it. I lost my title after getting it a few weeks later and I petitioned and they said screw you we won't help even though I have the achievement but no title.

Also since I am bugged I have not tried it but I heard the quest goes off your local computer time not the server time. This means you can change the clock on your computer to April 1st and just zone until you get it then set the clock back to normal. I am to lazy to test it on a box but I know if you set your clock to April 1st and log out you go to the cat room so I am guessing their may be truth to this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#1 - sorry to hear this. But its the same thing they said to me 6 years ago - I had the /ach and the painting and no suffix. I would estimate I have zoned well over 500 times since then and did finally get my suffix this year. It appears Fanra also has a couple characters with the same issue so don't take it personally or feel singled out on this. You also do have to zone at least one more time after you get the emote and are wearing the jokester collar or it doesn't stick.

#2 - its a suffix, not a title. So if you shift T then look under the suffix tab for the Lunatic. It has "the" in front of it. Perhaps you changed your suffix to "Dog of War" or "Favored of the Gods" etc. and "the Lunatic" is still there.

#3 - I call BS on changing the clock time. If players could manipulate the clock time in this manner it would have been exploited to the good years ago.

And what are you talking about "go to the cat room"? They change everyone's log in and log out screen on April 1st to show the infamous "Cat Room" so we all go there when we log out. Has nothing to do with changing the clock.

Try again next year. Most players did not have to go thru as many years as I. Good Luck.
  16. JetZeppelin2h Augur

That is the point I have never tried to exploit it to see if it works. However the cat room you can control whether you see it. Remember everquest doesn't do server validation on alot of things which is where alot of the hacks come from. You can test it if you want change your clock to April 1st then log out of the game and it will show cat room as if it is the correct day even though it isn't.

This has always lead me to believe the rumors of exploiting it will work but since it is a pain to do and takes hours of zoning sometimes I have not wanted to test it on a box and since my main is bugged and I can't get it and no petitions ever helped I gave up on it years ago.
  17. Loup Garou De loop de loop

I spent awhile yesterday logging in all my characters and taking screen shots of them in the Cat room since it only comes up once a year! Going to make a collage.
    Fanra and Nennius like this.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Sorry to tell you but what titles you are awarded is something recorded in the Darkpaw database on their server. Changing your PC clock doesn't magically convince the Darkpaw server database that it is yesterday and therefore they should award you a title.

Instead, changing your PC clock is likely to mess up your playing. Files on your computer wind up with the wrong date/time and then you have issues.

Information struck out due to my lack of knowledge and desire to hack EQ.
    Nennius and CatsPaws like this.
  19. JetZeppelin2h Augur

You don't understand how this game works do you? There are tons of client side actions that take place and that is where alot of the hacks exploit. Basically if it doesn't call the server to validate something then it just trust the client. This is where warping comes in because a player's client can say they are at a certain location even though they aren't and then the server just believes they are there even though they hacked the client and told the client to tell the server they are there even though they aren't.

I don't want to go into all the details of this but basically it means that if the computer you are running on locally thinks it is April 1st even if it is April the 2nd and then you go to the character select screen the client thinks it is April 1st even though it isn't and the server knows it isn't but it will display the cat box room because the client thinks it is. It doesn't' call the server to verify what day it is before it displays the cat room.

This could also mean there is code in place on the client side that if the local computer says it is April 1st it could maybe think it was and execute the code when zoning as if the event is live. Now I don't know if any server calls are required for this or if it is all validation on client side so it may not work.

Once the achievement is complete the server will store it complete but that isn't the same action as completing it. So it very well could go completely off the client side so anytime the client thinks it is April 1st and they zone there is a chance to get the achievement. It would tell the server the achievement is complete for the person even though it isn't the correct day.

Lets stop the debate over whether the local time can affect the everquest game and just do a test. Change you local time from auto sync to a set date of April 1st. Then go to the login screen and you will see the cat room.
  20. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Here is an example of what I just did and I was able to use my local computer time to change what I see in the EQ game. So please test it for yourself and then tell me your local time has no affect on the game itself. It isn't true.

[IMG]