Krono Prices... Sad Panda

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Ducreux Augur

What crack are you smoking?

The only thing I can think of that you may be confused about is that LoN boosters USED TO drop in EQ2 rarely out of rare chests, which hasn't been the case for years, the same with EQ1 LoN drops.
  2. Makavien Augur

Was it hmm there was a player that came to our guild from eq 2 that told us he got all of his krono from eq 2 was buying insane amounts of items on FV and that he was able to box them from raids other players even followed him back to eq 2 so this wasn't a thing ? Sorry I never looked into it "didn't even know where to look" I just assumed it was true because others went with him and stayed.
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

Wonder if charge back krono trades are going to become an issue. Wouldn't be good for DBG.

Someone can buy x amount of kronos and sell them in game for pp then claim fraud to their CC company after and fuber anyone who touched the kronos unknowingly.
  4. Cezz Journeyman

I'm not saying anyone buys them to use for their own sub. But if I trade someone an item in game and I get Krono for it I would rather continue to spend real money on my sub and use that krono as currency, because it's initial value is higher than the money I'm already paying for my sub...
    Elricvonclief and Viper1 like this.
  5. Viper1 Augur

That was a well known dupe exploit. It has since been fixed and the influx of new krono into the game has gone way down which caused the spike in price for kronos purchased in-game for plat.
  6. Derpyderp Journeyman

EQ2 is one of the buggiest games i've ever seen when it comes to duping, eclipsing even things like diablo...when the game first came out you could craft items vendor purchased which then sold for nearly 10x what it cost to make. You could also 'dupe' anything by simply putting it in your house then taking it out, not exactly a master plan.
  7. Rhodz Augur

You know now that you say that I do remember all the buzz about EQ2 and dupes and you are right..

The problem is of course when it moves from things that are just pixels to things that have a RL cash value. Saw it coming many did for a long time now and the warnings were there but you know well those were received.
  8. Badhand Elder

I just checked my trader and had 16 items sold for a total of 600,000+ platinum. So 3-4 of those types of checks and you got one. ;)
    And yes, you're only stupid to box if you hadn't reached the top level like me. But I sometimes use a shaman box to up my dex for headshot and then log him out.
  9. Wizdons Augur

Rarely see krono on baz anymore and asking prices are like 2.5Mpp..

when can we get baz/trader updated to go past 2Mpp?
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Just looked on Bristlebroke in the bazaar and I see prices higher than 2mpp. Example: Krono for 2147483. Hoping that market forces begin to drop prices someday. Maybe a pipedream, but I can hope.
  11. Laronk Augur

Problem is there was a lot of demand created by people specially top servers but the supply is low because there's less people wanting to spend money and after 17 years with no real plat sinks in the game people have a lot of platinum. There are players literally sitting on hundreds of millions of platinum.

Other than buy rk2 spell runes from other players the first week of a new expansion what do you spend plat on?
  12. Koryu Professional Roadkill

There's less supply than demand because people keep treating krono like currency and hoarding hundreds of them instead of allowing them to be used for their intended purpose, consumed as subscription time.
  13. Drogane Journeyman

The reason people sit on Kronos is so their plat horde doesn't drop in value if you had 100 mil plat a few years back and converted it to 300 Kronos, that 300 Kronos is now worth 600 mil+ in plat
  14. Ghubuk Augur

Well, if you sat on those 300 krono for the last few years, it actually brought you in zero...:)
  15. daranged Lorekeeper

Get up, come on get down with the sickness
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

What he likely meant was he bought them on the EQ2 side, in their equivalent of the Bazaar. I did this for a while, til about two years ago, when the price skyrocketed quite a bit. For a while, there was quite a disparity in the relative price of a Krono between EQ1 and EQ2. The most likely cause was there was a MUCH bigger supply listed on the EQ2 side, so that helped to lower the price.

By "relative price", I mean the amount of time it would take >me< to farm the plat to buy one for each game. On the EQ1 side, I'm not sure I've ever farmed enough plat out of the game to buy a single Krono, especially at current prices. On the EQ2 side, there was a daily quest that could be completed in a few minutes which would net you tokens that could be handed in for bags of plat. I three boxed that every day, and at Krono prices then, could get a Krono in just about 1 month, so it offset paying for one of my accounts. About two years ago, the Krono prices climbed a lot, and kept going, so that now it just as ridiculous as EQ1. Before the increase, I would log into EQ2 just long enough to do the daily, and then log in to EQ2.

To my knowledge, Kronos NEVER dropped in EQ2. You had to buy them for cash in the online store, just like EQ1.

Tat
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Part of the problem is that there are people out there with so much plat they an just keep buying every krono put up for sale. Just takes a short period of krono scarcity to jack the prices way up and the prices go up much more easily then they go down.
  18. Zanarnar Augur

An interesting number... 2147483

Now the limit of a 32bit signed integer is 2147483648

Apparently EQ stores all money values in COPPER. So 2147483648 copper = 2147483 plat.

I would assume for them to be able to raise the limit they would have to update the client to use either an unsigned integer (allowing for roughly 4 million plat bids) or change it to a 64bit integer. Not sure how hard either would be but I assume the client is already using a 64bit integer (or something else) to store player plat since our limit is much higher then 2 million.

Maybe its something they can fix without too much trouble for the bazaar, or it might be something that requires them to crawl through the eq client code base and update EVERYTHING that deals with copper/silver/gold/plat. Personally I hope they do that, but I'm also not going to hold my breath for it ;)
  19. Goranothos Augur

Plat has value on FV. :)
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That is the reason they say the bazaar limit can't be raised and Daybreak has said it is difficult.