" If it turns out that the majority of players on the server decide they want a change before that..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Invictvs, May 6, 2015.

1. vardune Augur

6 months is perfect. Make an alt. Take a break. Have some family time.
    MBear likes this.
  2. Vaclav Augur

Indeed - a company often will do polling before launching a product and then do continued polling into the products life cycle to tweak the product to best meet the demands of the current consumers.

No one cares that I grew up finding the old school Hamburglar hilarious - stuff like the new Hamburglar apparently marketed well to test groups and is replacing him:
    [IMG]
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  3. Vaclav Augur

I don't alt, and I won't be paying Daybreak a dime during any time I'm taking a break or taking family time. Clearly a great financial plan to expect people to leave for stretches.
  4. Trevalon Augur

make an alt? You mean make 10 alts...I don't think you know how long 6 months is...in 2 months time I leveled 6 alts from 1-50 on Vulak in classic only.

And with the EXP rates they have listed, I can power level a character from 1 - 50 in less than 5 hours using classic only no problem. On Vulak I had it down to less than 3 hours from 1-50
  5. Mourne Journeyman

I remember prior to Kunark launching, a lot of us (once Naggy/Vox were dead) would just die, and then level back up to have something to do :) I can only imagine what it'll be like 3 or more months into classic only, but I intend to enjoy it. Maybe by then I'll actually be able to get a frenzy camp to get a FBSS heh.
  6. Vaclav Augur

Not sure - already one of the sellers on a major RMT site is advertising that they're doing presales for items on Ragefire including FBSS's.
  7. PeppeLePeu Elder

You all do realize that the xp is lower then vulak or fippy? that was one of the few things that one the vote. Although not as slow as original with no hell levels itll still take a bit longer to level.

That said I am glad the vote went 6 months. its what my vote went to anyhoo and I am excited to really dig in lets get this started.
    MBear and Fallfyres like this.
  8. Fallfyres Augur

-------------------
    With exp at only about twice the original launch exp modifier rates you think many people are going to level to cap in 5 hours eh? *Raises a glass of good whiskey and ponders with amusement...there will be some probs, but unless the devs back down on what has been publically released today, there ain't gonna be hordes of 50's by the end of the first week.

And guess what? The player population will adapt to the server and the expansion length, and focus on other types of immersive play, IF they do cap out super fast, which I still totally doubt.
    Can getting max fast be done? Yup. Will the vast majority rush to 50 immediately? Don't think so.

There are lots and lots of things about EQ original which made a delineation between individual players: reputation, learning and earning, strats shared and strats kept secret, economic monopolies attempted, economic fortunes made, a lil questionable conduct here and there, certainly some guilds become known for cesspool conduct, and some others for stand-up competition. This Is Everquest. Yes, even now.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Uh, first person to Level 50 serverwide (with imperfect knowledge back then) back in the day was Furor Planedefiler in his rogue days, it took him 20 days to get to L50 with the original XP tables and hell levels.

So with it being twice as fast as those days, that's 10 days that we should expect for people that play similarly to how he did. Likely you could drop another 2-3 days for better knowledge people have these days.

Yes, his 5 hrs thing is off point - but there will be plenty of 50's by week two for sure.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  10. Vaclav Augur

That wasn't a voted item at all... and they didn't say how it would directly compare to Fippy/Vulak either.
    Irbax_Smoo and Fallfyres like this.
  11. Batbener Augur

I was in the Kunark for only a few months camp, or release all three at once, simply because a big part of me playing on the progression server is to progress and see content I missed the first 2 times around. Since they announced it would be 6 months, a sort of weight lifted off my shoulders. Leveling slow, exploring(though there really isn't anything to explore on the first 5 or 6 xpacs for me), doing a little tradeskilling, a little EC trading, and all that actually does kinda seem fun. Now if they no vote kunark, I might have to choke a........get really angry.
    MBear likes this.
  12. Trevalon Augur

5 hours was obviously powerleveling...

Either way, 2X exp is faster than Fippy/Vulak was at launch especially with the exp cap being made significantly larger.
  13. Fallfyres Augur

===========================

No. Its. Not.
    The quote from the dev's release today said: "two times eq's launch exp."
  14. The Badger Lord Augur

Please see my post regarding this topic guys.......

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/classic-server-ragefire-boon-or-doom.220132/

Basically, hold a vote after 2 months (the original proposed Kunark Fast-Track) to see if players want to retain the original unlock schedule, or release Kunark immediately.

If max nostalgia is truly the will of the people, then there is no harm done by holding such a vote: nothing changes. Why would you NOT do this? There is no reason to not do this.
    Cloudous likes this.
  15. MBear Augur

I don't understand why if it is 2x original xp, that they can't just cut it in half and make it original xp again? It seemed about appropriate to me at the time. They could always leave out the details like hell levels and just make it similar to the xp curve that was originally created for this content then adjust it upward a little as further expansions open.
    Mourne and Fallfyres like this.
  16. MBear Augur

Would you continue to do this every two months into each expansion or just for classic?
  17. Zhama Elder

The hardwork of making a poll? There was no purpose of having a poll when they made it so that everyone can vote, including people who dont plan to play on the server and had to vote to get it out of the way as well as people who cant play on the server (all access only people).

This was the casuals "now we get to experience everything" idea, but when it comes down to it, they wont even be getting the end-game camps, which will just be held by box armies 24/7. Having a massive period of stagnation is going to have an exodus of players in the first 6 months of the server, and if this server doesnt go well there wont be a next one.
    Cloudous likes this.
  18. The Badger Lord Augur

My concern is strictly for classic MBear. I discuss why accelerating to Kunark alone is essential in another topic called Badgerlord's 2.0 concerns.

It could be done for every expansion, but my primary concern is for classic alone. Classic alone has too many problems. Basically 2-3 end gropzones, 3-4 with the hole, depending on how you count the zones, whereas kunark over doubles that end game content with the addition of 8-9 group zones.

I do think people in general would be much happier to spend 6 months in Kunark and Velious and Luclin and POP.

However, I honestly believe most (not all) people who voted Max Nostalgia for classic alone. will truly regret their decision

There is also the concern of people not voting for Accelerated because it had only 3 months of POP listed, which did not deviate my vote, but many other people posted it did.
    Cloudous likes this.
  19. Mourne Journeyman

I would be fine with original release xp. That would be great to me :)
  20. PeppeLePeu Elder

Badger I understand your concerns but I really would not mind a few months of grouping it out, searching for the rare spawns, etc in classic. And if the few group / raids we do have in classic get taken over by obnoxiousness I hope they instance them rather then force a push to kunark.

That said as I said in your other posts... if it comes down to it, at minimum of half way through, hold a vote and see if we need to accelerate out of classic.