How Many Guilds Will Clear Classic in Era

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zain2, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Zain2 New Member

Between both servers how many guilds will clear all classic raid mobs at least once in era? Which guilds do you think will accomplish this feat?
  2. Darth Augur

Twisted Legacy and Faceless Guild so far.
  3. Rhiyannon Augur

i'e never raided, once i hit level i want to, but with the current situation i have no plans to even try.
    Barton likes this.
  4. Pigskin Journeyman

I raided long ago, and when i'm levelled up I'd like to again - currently level 23 and in no rush ... it would appear this won't be possible, so will no doubt just quit the game when the time comes ... well done to the power gamers
  5. Bumpkin Augur

Since Kunark will be opening in a week I'd say nobody but TL and Faceless
  6. Tarrin Augur

Who said Kunark is opening in a week?
  7. Bumpkin Augur

I just did in my post above yours didn't you see it?
  8. Vlerg Augur

not many people are willing to sock a target for 12 hours with a 72 man raid force so... very few guild on ragefire will get kill credits in the current state.
  9. Tarrin Augur

No I didn't. Can you point me to it?
  10. Bumpkin Augur

It's post #5 in this thread, written by yours truly 40 mins ago!!
  11. Osangar Journeyman

Very few because DBG can not pull their heads out of their rears and drop this idea that the TLPs are in any way shape or form classic. Unless I want to be a faceless cog in a MASSIVE machine I can forget raiding anything relevant until PoP as the server is currently set up.

DBG is 100% catering to the hardcores when their own voting polls prior to Ragefire and then later Lockjaw launches CLEARY indicate that the majority of their player base is NOT hardcore. They are unfortunately also far less vocal than the selfish me me me I want more hardcore players.
  12. Fiyero Augur

EQ has pretty much always catered to the hardcore. The dominant guilds had raids on lockdown until new content, and then they moved on, allowing less hardcore to raid the older content.

There's nothing wrong with being casual, but I also don't want to see EQ turn into the easy joke that WoW now is. Massive catering to the casuals ruined WoW.
  13. Azzudien Augur

Great post, and I agree.
  14. Tarrin Augur

From the beginning DBG has said this is NOT a classic server. They stressed that.

It has nothing to do with being vocal on the forums. If the majority of the server doesn't want Kunark it won't get the vote.
  15. Zain2 New Member

So current bets are that RoI, Rosengard, Apok etc will not complete classic in era?
  16. Rauven Augur

Not many... if we don't have the ability to turn on AA EXP and halt our level advance. I believe Naggy and Vox have a limit of level 52 before they banish you for attacking them.
  17. Hendar2 Augur

Since the OP used the term "in-era" there is no problem with excess experience. In the current era, levels are capped at 50 and therefore nobody will be banished. When Kunark opens, the then current era will not have any mobs that banish.

To answer the OP's question: I believe one guild per server will complete ALL in-era content. Another guild may get a kill now and then, but I cannot believe anyone else will get all targets. This is, of course, assuming that nothing changes with raid mechanics.
  18. Fiyero Augur

Which is why a lot of guilds create alts that they keep below 52 just for Naggy/Vox.
  19. Ceffener Augur

That would in some way assume that these bosses are mechanically hard. The only thing WoW did was allow anyone wanting to raid do so at 4 differnt difficulty levels.

This "classic" EQ allows a boss to be 60% dead (soon to be 100%) before it is even rendered on the screen.
    Osangar likes this.
  20. liveitup1216 Augur

I don't think anybody's camped any raid target for any meaningful time (over an hour) at all yet on either server. Bosses spawn, people run to it, boss dies. There's just not many other people running to them yet.