Game Update: Thursday, October 10 @ 6am PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Kevln New Member

I don't mind servers being down but at least give ETA when they will be up so I know when to check back. thanks
    Bauer and Volpor like this.
  2. Tarrin Augur

Its possible for them not to have an accurate update on the ETA yet. Stuff happens.
  3. Piestro Augur

It looks like the patch today is taking a little longer than expected. Current ETA is 10am Pacific, although we hope to beat that.

Thanks,
    Bigz_Zupdarty likes this.
  4. Tanit New Member

INNY SMASH!!!! In all seriousness though, 34 minutes past estimated time isn't the end of the world...or is it?
  5. Zarakii Augur

lol cant argue with that logic thanks that last bit put a smile on my face =P
  6. MyForumName New Member

They probably thought it was going to take 1 hour, so they said 2.
  7. postid Journeyman

The updates on whats going on are much better this go around - thanks Piestro - one request - could you see if they can add a status to the page we're supposed to be watching that covers "locked"? Servers might be up but since people can't play yet might be nice to see "lock" vs "up" or whatever - something that people can look at and know the scoop
  8. Piestro Augur

It's a long term project of mine that I was working on a bit before I came back to EQ. I'll definitely keep it in mind.
    Ishtass likes this.
  9. Sindier New Member

I would be happy with the server status to just be accurate on the eq page. They always read up even though servers are obviously down.
  10. Sindier New Member

lol scratch that, now they read down. Open mouth, insert foot :)
  11. Zarakii Augur

shows down now ty piestro guess ill hop on test for a bit
  12. Undertaker New Member

Piestro we do love and appreciate all the hard work you do everyday day keep working hard and please fix damn hamsters already lol lol
    Bigz_Zupdarty likes this.
  13. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Patch time got extented to 10 AM PST, according to a Tweet from #Everquest.
  14. Vzel New Member

Had just logged into make a post about this and as my screen refreshed I found you already replied to someone else saying the same thing. Don't care how long the servers are down for, don't care if they go hours or days beyond estimates. All I want is for the Server Status Page to tell you when they are LOCKED. This is a huge communication issue that makes having a status page at all completely pointless.
  15. Majek New Member

I always think it all depends if someone from sales gives the ETA or someone from the technical side gives the ETA. Sales will say 2 hours, technical side says 2 days. It boils down to time conversion factors. :)
  16. Nalisa Lorekeeper

Slight error, it still shows AB as "up".
  17. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

We are 50% past downtime at this point. What's the ETA?
  18. Jreafman New Member

If you read the thread (or even just read the SOE comments in the thread) you'll see there's a new ETA for an additional 2 hours.
    Literacy.
  19. Draego Augur

NEW EXPANSION (always) = 2 weeks (minimal) of interrupted gameplay

Glad I didn't plan my vacation gaming time to start until a month after CotF released.

Basic SOE/EQ laws::
    DON"T expect to play without occasional headaches, have seen this repeatedly every year since the initial Beta testing.

Expect to have massive down times

AND

Always expect there to be problems with specific servers CT (and former Brell-ites) know what I mean if they have played as long as I have.
  20. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Nah, I read the first page and the last page.
    Inconvenience.