Druid Stuff.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tarrin, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Qwestwic Augur

These threads LOL.

Eventually you guys will realize who has a say in what direction classes go in, then come to the conclusion that they aren't capable of actually balancing anything appropriately in this game. Play the game if it's the one you enjoy, but recreating threads that end in class warfare over and over is just useless.
    Perplexed and Iila like this.
  2. Tarrin Augur

I guess I am not ready to accept that. I suppose I do not want the issues merely swept under a rug, even if the only thing I can personally do is bring them up regularly so people know that it is still an issue.

If I get to the point where I am just going to give up hoping for improvements to the class (that really need some), I will reroll. I am not there yet. I personally hope I never get there, as I have invested a lot of time into my toon.

Please return to your regularly scheduled programing.

My bad.
  3. Perplexed Augur

Thank you, especially the bold part.
  4. Tarrin Augur

I hadn't realize this thread at devolved into a class warfare thread..or was even trending that way.

I guess Druids should just be willing to live with their deficiencies or reroll. We aren't supposed to verbalize them for the fear of upsetting other classes or people who have given up.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It started that way with the first post, if the desire was just to get to heal-nukes unlinked there would have been no reason to bring in shaman healing spells at all or to only compare parts of the spells to each other instead of the entire spells.
  6. Tarrin Augur

I didn't realize that merely laying out a comparison of numbers is considered class warfare.
    Nerfs were never called for shaman heals. Making druid heals bigger were never called for. Where was this mythical war?

When a person typically asks for a change to something, they typically get asked "Why?" I wanted to show the "Why" before getting asked.

Are you saying I ignored the mana cost of the spells, and that it was a big issue? Shamans have mana issues?
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When you only compare part of the numbers that support the arguments you want and ignore the rest of them. If you had included the differences in mana costs and the self nuke from the emergency heal it would have been a different matter.
  8. Tarrin Augur

I included all spell info. Since neither shamans never have mana issues, and druids rarely have mana issues, I felt the mana cost was mostly a moot point. Am I wrong?
    Does anything detract from my original point? Which was "Druids heals only give druids a very slight edge in the single target healing department, while being blown out in group heals and hots". This was the basis for asking for Sunfire/Moonfire adjustments.
  9. telechir Elder

It's not just a heal, it is also a nuke that only takes 1 spell slot and gains you both effects at the same time off of the single cast.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

All aspects of the spells still need to be factored into the conversation even if you think they may not matter because to the devs it all does matter,
  11. Rolaque Ancient

If you anticipate AEs and have twin heals up when you cast group heal then no one should ever die in your group. What we don't have is a built in cure with our heal, but we are not clerics so it doesnt matter to me.

I am really tired of hearing about how "hard" it is to recover mana after a raid death and to be able to heal or do anything. Its like people aren't capable of thinking beyond some 'easy' button solution, so whining becomes the norm. You are going to die some times in fights. Count on it. So get the right AA's maxed out, the potions you must have, a trans rod, some clickies, plus have the right spells already mem'd so you can deal with zero mana. No one cares if you post about how hard it is, but your group mates will appreciate you doing your best to keep them alive.
    Noken_Xeg likes this.
  12. Tarrin Augur

You are completely missing the point

My point is why should only Druids have this issue? Sure, I can make do by begging other classes for help on a raid.
  13. Dandin Augur

Enchanters are the only class in EQ that can cast C...

I want to cast C too! I want I want I want!

Look. Druids are in a perfectly balanced state right now. I'm tired of hearing Druids complain about mana regen on death.

You where given this penalty due to your high mana regen with self buffs.

Carry mod rods. C potions, SE potions.

You die. Get up. Slam a mod rod, c potion, SE potion. Clickes. Sit. Load buffset. Buff yourself.

Stand up. Heal. Nuke. /dance.

And if your going to present data. Don't present data that skews to your point. Your comparing your heal to the shaman heal with a HP penalty
    If that's not skewing data. I don't know what is.

Now. If you want to make a case for your class, talk about your class and only your class!

Warriors and Druids seem to have a particular issue with this.

Warriors always go "But SKs!"
    Druids go "But Shaman!"

You are your own class. This isn't class warfare

Less class envy threads please
    sojuu and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  14. Tarrin Augur

Way to miss the point.
    You are comparing an ability only one class has...and putting it on equal ground with an ability only one class lacks. How is that even being brought up in the same conversation?

Every class can do the same things you list, carry mod rods, etc..and they still can get themselves back into a fight after rez.

I am not asking for another class's defining ability. I am asking for druids to *not* be the *only* class with this issue. What amazing advantage do druids get to compensate for this? If you honestly believe druids are perfectly balanced, I want to know what game you are playing. It isn't Everquest.

Why should Druids be the only class that must beg others for a mana ability after a rez? I would like this specific question answered and justified with something other than " omgz, stop class envy ".

What specific class am I being envious of?
  15. Dandin Augur

Shaman. Look at your original post again
  16. Tobynn Augur

Carry mod rods lulz. Does the potion vendor sell those now?
    moogs likes this.
  17. Tarrin Augur

You clearly did not read anything in that post.
    I was not asking for any ability shaman had when I compared heals. I was only showing that our heals don't have quite the edge in the single target that they once did, and then used this example as a reason why our Remote nukes should be unlinked.

Do shaman have remote heal nukes? Is that where I am showing my class envy?

What does this have to do with druids wanting an active mana regen ability to use after a rez?
  18. Rolaque Ancient

Nope. I don't ask for or get any help. I just manage to keep my group alive. Others need gobs of mana, but I muddle thru it all.
  19. Tarrin Augur

You are fortunate then that you group needs next to zero healing after you get rezzed.
  20. Iila Augur

I love how any of our complaints about being uniquely crippled is interpreted as being the same as us asking for the class defining abilities from literally every other class in the game. It's up there with a class claiming that burst regen is their class defining ability, even though they got it a decade after shm did, in terms of my favorite terrible eqlive arguments.

I've given up on using mod rods during raids, spent a bunch of SC on LoN packs to get a Kiss of Erollisi Marr, and carry around both kinds of harvest potions. All to be able to recover after deaths. None of those come from my class and only one is actually from the game of EverQuest. I can't get more of the instant harvest potions, the Kiss was way too expensive to be something necessary for a whole class, and every other mana user gets to suck down mod rods all night long. I've got ways to deal with dying on raids, but the lengths I have to go to compared to other classes is just dumb.
    moogs likes this.