Brogett for berserker CRT

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bighitz, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Largehits New Member

no the problem is that you an others only ever notice berserkers when they hit the omg numbers, which is infrequent. rest of the time you look at the parse and see Wiz, wiz, rogue, monk and think everything in the world is fine while you forget about the berserkers that is middle of the pack.

And for burst, its only good for 60 seconds then it falls of to almost nothing, 90 seconds semi decent if you can afford to keep yourself blind...

Action speaks louder than words. Berserkers have been retiring en masse and they wouldnt if they felt that their Burst was worthwhile in how often they could attain a good burst
  2. Behelit Augur

400k singletarget? post the parse then cause its not possible to hold anywhere near that high of dps for 60sec as your claiming.
  3. Phrett Augur

Yeah I don't buy that blanket statement... maybe on a very lucky RNG night at about 20-30 seconds, but that's a big jump to 60 seconds.
  4. Behelit Augur

exactly, if its a 60sec 400k parse than they had to have been spiking for nearly 500k while Ruaabri's Fury was on them. and that doesnt happen against a singletarget
  5. Brogett Augur

HHE helps lots in raids. I don't understand why it wouldn't. It doesn't help on a BURN *if* you have the perfect support (otherwise it does), but there are plenty of times in raids when you don't have a beastlord RF on you. During all that time you'd gain from HHE procs.

It's huge for monk and rogue sustained, and would be for you guys too.
  6. Slasher Augur

I've seen over 400k once in the last 6 months on a 45s parse. can't really say that is doable when you could do the same burn the same buffs 5000 times and never see it again.

No it doesn't help because you already have HHE 6+ the entire time vs the boss. Example we have 5 zerkers most nights + bard + Bst. Thats RF, Quick Time, then 5 war crys. We basically have HHE 6 the entire fight and still find ourselves below avg in sustained so a HHE 10 proc will help but not as much as people think.

Unless it has a throwing mod no it does not get effected by damage mods on ADPS (cant flurry a volley and HHE has no effect on skill attacks) neither does haste or any other buff unless it has a throwing mod. Savage Spirit our main disc has no throwing mod (it has frenzy) but not throwing, For a throwing mod you can find our gloves.

1: Increase Throwing Damage Modifier by 25%
    2: Increase Throwing Minimum Damage Modifier by 25%

So if they decide we need more sustained this is the best and only effective way to do it. Increase volley dps by say 4k you would only increase burn by 4k.

It also wouldn't hurt to start pumping that focus up. Something around 125%.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

Just tossing a few out here:

Skill Damage Taken (21%)
    Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 55%
    Increase Critical Damage by 110% with All Skills
    Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 10000% with All Skills
    Increase Chance to Crippling Blow by 250%

None of that works on Volley?
  8. Brogett Augur

No, not as much as people think (*if* you have 5 zerkers, which is probably more than most will see in their raids), but "not as much" is still an admission of "something". HHE procs will definitely still help you and importantly it doesn't boost the peak any more.

Various unmodded flat +damage abilities can also help. They'll boost the peak, but not by much. Eg 5k on sustained is considerable, but 5k on a 300k burn is neither hear nor there.
  9. Songsa Augur

If we talk about combined dps HHE would help (its rare to have QT or bers war cry during trash kill), on one boss if you do 300k for 45sec you dont need a lot of sustain to keep a good margin on most fight duration over people burning at 150k-180k. Lets take an example : you do 300k dps on 45sec its 13m5 damage, now a rogue is doing 170k dps in 45sec it's 7m6 damage = so around 6m more damage for berserker. On a 180sec fight total rogue will need 45k more dps sustained on the remaining 135sec of fight (180sec - 45sec = 135) to reach the 6m damage difference.
  10. Zahrym Augur

You can fake logs, but here you go since you asked. Name removed because I didn't ask the guys permission and don't want him harassed.

/4 Bone Crusher in 65s, 26282k @410652dps --- XXXXX+ pets 26282k @410652dps

Next closest was 195k dps~ and no it wasn't a wizard. Zerkers hardly need help.
  11. Zahrym Augur

-- DMG: 26219204 -- DPS: 409675 -- Scaled: 403372 -- Pierce: 25344567 -- Slash: 489849 -- Hit: 140037 -- DirDmg: 138826 -- Frenzy: 105925 -- Non-crit rate: 3.9% -- crit rate: 96.1% -- Avg Hit: 73182 -- Max hit:177361 -- DMG to PC: 91112

Name removed again for obvious reasons.
  12. Behelit Augur

396008 piercing dps
    7653 slashing dps
    2188 hit dps
    2169 DD dps
    1655 frenzy dps

I'm leaning towards thats been altered based on a variety of reasons that really don't add up. 73k average hit? lol our max hit with main hand is 50-60k weapon depending. how would a zerker have 10k+ higher average hit? also the crit rate 96%, at the highest I've seen 75-78% crit rate on full burn. and the best part is you've omitted the total number of hits for some reason which wouldve been the more benign details of that parse.
  13. Zahrym Augur

14. Slasher Augur

Nice fake parse. Zerkers avg hit when burning is 15-20k at best and our crit rate is 75-80% at best. Also for that parse to be accurate he would of only had 358 hits in 65s. You know how impossible that is ?

Here's a 35s bonecrusher parse from a wipe without a bst and I still had more hits in half the time.

Bone Crusher: -- DMG: 7679750 -- DPS: 219421 -- Scaled: 119996 -- Slash: 7243271 -- Hit: 173371 -- DirDmg: 168147 -- Frenzy: 94961 -- Non-crit rate: 24.8% -- crit rate: 75.2% -- Attempts: 392 -- Hits: 367 -- Missed: 25 -- Accuracy: 93.6% -- Avg Hit: 20925 -- Max hit: 76449 -- DMG to PC: 36990

Next time you go to post a fake parse know the class. Avg hit of 75k lol. What did you really parse a combat dummy before decap was nerfed.
  15. Denhbers Elder

Sigh, just gonna make my own thread.
  16. Brogett Augur

This!

When your burn is double the others, that means they will find it exceptionally hard to better you on the overall fight. Yet berserkers want the burn to be more common and easier to do. Fine, I actually agree it's a laudible aim, BUT you have to give up some power otherwise you'll just get laughed at by the devs for asking for the moon on a stick.

The #1 thing holding berserkers back is the fact they *can* do mega dps. We all know it's hard to pull off, but the fact it's possible is holding your class back and causing the stagnation.
  17. Gragas Augur

We are giving up using Frenzied Resolve an/or blinding because to do so in today's current raids it is just not possible, so there is your "power" give up. It's already coded into the game via raid mechanics.
    The #1 thing holding berserkers back is the general poor design of our discs and general misconceptions, false truths and mythological parses perpetuated by people who do not understand our class and post fake parses. To be honest if you wanted to boost rogues burst ask for weapon specific damage increase discs/AA's that stack just like berserkers have?

The #2 thing holding berserkers back would be giving 2 classes of pure melee 2 lines of AA's (HHE procs and Thunderfoot/Massive Strike) that boost sustained whether discing or not and not giving the 3rd pure melee class similar AA lines.
  18. Brogett Augur

I don't particularly want to make rogues even more dependent on ADPS and a perfect sync! Personally I think having such a wide gap between perfect synched up burn and non-discing sustained is unhealthy for both the class and also for setting raid difficulty.

Also you are wrong about blinding / root not being possible in current raids. It's not that common and it takes effort, but they're doable if your guild controls push. I've seen them on Bazzt Zrazz, Deathmaster Sarenth and Xulous Prime recently, and probably more places if I look. The parses people have posted here (even ignoring the 400k one) demonstrate that as well.

Like I said, the fact they *are* possible means they will be used against you, even if it's extremely hard to get the use out of them. Also people are wary of simply balancing around "but we can't use them in this expansion" as we all know how unreliable that is as a metric for future balancing. Fix the insane peaks and then the sustained will come.

Totally agreed on your #2 comment though.
  19. Norathorr Augur

For FR at least I would not mind seeing a reduction in power and something useable so our sustained can be built around it. What use is an ability that can make us look awesome, but 95% of the time leaves us lagging behind. Its not a good tradeoff for a huge potential under golden conditions.