Berserker utility what would you like?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bazukaz, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Norathorr Augur

One thing I would like is for the buff and reuse on battle leap to be the same as stomp so they can be used situationally. I enjoy the leap ability and would love to be able to use leap and stomp depending on the situation.
  2. Gragas Augur

3. Norathorr Augur

4. Otak New Member

How about a additional AA that will add X amount of endurance when you hit Bloodfury. Then to balance add some type of recast on it...... or just Cannibalization for zerkers and instead of mana we get endurance.
  5. strongbus Augur

no zerker here but wife plays one. I always though they should give zerkers a aa that let them dw 2 2hand weaps at once. lol
    Tinytinker and Quatreh like this.
  6. Phrett Augur

We actually talked about this a few years ago when we were submitting new aa idea for an expansion. An activated disc that would last for about 12-18 seconds, and you dual wield whatever weapon you had in hand at the time. Would be really cool to see.
  7. Blaze69 New Member

How about a hundred hands effect proc like monks and rogues. So hopefully we won't keep falling even further behind monks and rogues on sustained or any fight longer than 3-4 min aka any group situation or all but one raid in CotF even the new ones.

Now that they "fixed" the bug that wasn't allowing big melee hits to crit which really only effects rouges and monks and even though they were "balanced" around the dps if them not critting those big hits we are getting even more screwed compared to the other melee dps and still can't even use our root or blind disc in any of the new raids just take them away instead of reminding us some our best personal buffs are useless and will continue to be and just give us something useful.

Zerkers already burn the most endurance to stay competitive and from talking with the best rogue/monk on the server and other zerkers, they all agree zerkers have to balance more self buffs and manage endurance a lot more than they do to try stay competitive. Honestly I don't mind the balancing of buffs and endurance it makes raiding more fun then pressing just 2 buttons with all our skills on them like it used to be pre RoF. it's just very annoying to see another dps boost for the 2 classes that don't need it atm while they continue to stagnate us.

Personally I would trade furious ramp and maybe even a nerf to SS if it meant getting sustained on the level of monks and rogues since most the raids would benefit from it as would grouping. Devs always have the excuse when we ask for buffs to sustained "well we don't want to effect your burst dps". Then why the hell did they give us furious ramp then that's the most broken skill I've ever seen in terms of burst dps I've ever seen. It doesn't help our sustained in group situations and on raids I don't care if we can do 150-250k dps on a boss for a min or two any raid that's longer than like 4 or 5 minutes (which is all but one CoTF raid) a good rogue/monk/wizard will beat out the same zerker who did that good for a min or two do to their much greater sustained dps. /rant off I doubt devs read this stuff anyways.
    Norathorr likes this.
  8. Norathorr Augur

Ahh ok I have got my head around the way things work now! So for my leap query, how about an aa version of leap that gives no buff but is on a separate timer to stomp. I use leap alot historically when I am blind to good effect and it also rocks on events where there are lots of trash to move between. It often got me a few extra rounds by being on top of the mob before other melee apart from the tank that had it locked. The leap component of battleleap was at least for me a useful utility, which would be cool to have at our disposal on a separate timer to stomp. Being that stomp is on our mash key now, it leaves battle leap not ready when you sometimes need it, if anything this is a bit of utility inadvertantly taken away (Good mobility), much like when they added damage to our snare we lost our single pull once in a blue moon utility. Other than that I would want greater survivability. We are a variant of the warrior and should be tougher (not like a tank) than we are.

!!!Edit!!! I also like blaze's suggestion this would really help in a group and bardless situation.
  9. Xicon Journeyman

Berserkers should be able to Tank just below Knight level and above monk/ranger level (should take hits way better and avoid slightly better) so maybe some kind of utility to do this.
  10. Brogett Augur

I believe they were like that briefly in GoD beta. :)
  11. Brogett Augur

Lol we (well rogues) weren't balanced around the bugged dps. Most rogues have been feeling underpowered for some considerable time given we're monk level on burn, massively sub-zerker level on burn and sub-monk level on sustained. Anyway the fix was only a few percent upgrade overall, even for the monks I think. The main benefit was to stop it becoming more and more of an issue in the future.

Also as for sustained vs burst, if at the end of 1 minute you've been doing 100k dps more than me (quite possible on a burn), then on a 5 min fight I'd need to do 25k dps more than you for the next 3 min in order to regain that 100k dps buffer you obtained. I can tell you that isn't likely to happen that often. Berserker sustained is weaker, but not THAT much weaker. Of course I know it's not all like this; the times where a berserker is doing 250k+ burns aren't actually that common as it needs a perfect setup, but that really is where the tuning needs to go.

Sort out the massive interdependence, possibly even adjusting (both up and down) various skills in the process. Then maybe we can look at short vs long balance overall. Until then it's just too hard when a class has the capability of doing 4-5x their dps in the right situations; they'll either be underpowered in a lot of cases or overpowered in a few (or likely both). As I've said before though, giving you the HH proc will go a long way to balancing things as it mitigates the reliance on one particular class (Bst) and also brings the burn/sustained ratio lower.
  12. Arcaine Elder

13. Forcallen Augur

Zerkers seem to hate being so dependent on other classes to shine. So in turn lets return them back to being more of a support class for melee. Something like reduce their personal dps by 50% to increase their group mates dps by 75% and then everyone wins!!

My aunts, cousins, brothers friend plays a zerker so I can make this request on their behalf.
  14. Phrett Augur

... he's got jokes.
  15. Mackinaw Lorekeeper

My advice; forget utility and stick with dps. There used to be a class that was king of dps. Rogues. Now they are not even close but look at all their wonderful "utility". yipee. Trust me on this, arguing for more utility is a BAD idea and no, I do not play a Zerker, but I did spend last night in a Holiday Inn Express.
  16. Horrace New Member

In my opinion there are problems with the berserker class. I have played as a berserker for many years (group /low end raid) at times it has had me so frustrated I want to give up. I agree to varying extents with alot of the posts in threads on these forums but I wanted to take a step back and look at something more fundemental.

I think the Berserker is primarily suffering from basic flaw in their design concept. They are a pure dps class with no / very little utility stacked with a bunch of handicaps, penalties and extreme support needs. I think most people who play them see this and imagine that class balance is a bit of a mathematical sum. ie what I loose other areas I can have added to my dps.

I don't think developers see it that way, there are practical design reasons why they dont want a king of dps. The net result if people feel cheated with so many draw backs and very little trade off.

It would be great if developers would take a good hard look at the class and come back to us with a genuine well thought through appraisal of the situation (all levels , grouping to top raiding). It should be something that showed insight and reflected the experiences of berserker players and suggestions for where it could go in the future to improve things.

I would even be impressed if they came back and said "we designed ourselves into a whole, by right you should have X , but it would break the game in other areas, so lets look at other options". It would be so much better than this feeling that they do not really understand or are ignoring the situation.
  17. Zanmar New Member

Maybe we can get self charm.