Why are open world dlcs stat clamped?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnboundHeavenlyDemon, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Plowed In Loyal Player

They’re designed to be ‘over time’ feats. And they’re designed for groups, not solo, which is why they reward 8 marks. Farming typically occurs where most people need things - which is most likely endgame and not EEG.

Most can be done with 2 - 4 people pretty quickly now, get an alert group and go cycle through them.
    • Like x 4
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

The episode spotlight weeks are that incentive. Was the OP out spamming the bosses in Justice League Dark a few weeks ago? Or LoD before that? That’s the time, if you wish, to spam/grind old EEG bounties. In my opinion, a cumulative bounty counter feat is a very small portion of the available feats from an episode and needs to be weighted as such.

The real answer most are seeking is they need “more players.” Episode spotlights were a way the devs can drive players into certain content. The players themselves can also do this by forming groups/networking/working together.
    • Like x 3
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And a new player is meant to be able to solo bounties that were designed to be done in a group? There are other ways to help with the feat part of things without making it so that these areas are trivialized by those who don’t want to improve. When I play a new game I don’t have some false sense of entitlement. I don’t go to a new game expecting to be able to solo group content. I do however expect to get stronger to the point that these things become easier.

And you keep saying the “getting stronger is impossible” line over and over when it’s not true at all. If a new player were fixed go do any content in EEG with barely any progression than they would have an easier time after getting better geared. This isn’t some opinion that is subjective. This is a literal fact that a player who gets better geared will have a statistical advantage when compared to not being geared. The whole “but they wouldn’t be as strong if there weren’t a clamp” is a pointless argument. The devs accidentally released a one shot trinket before. The game would be easier if I had that too. But I don’t.
    • Like x 2
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Punishment was the CR differential days, when the CR difference determined all. A player's ability and knowledge of their character meant nothing if an NPC had a higher CR than you. And it might be punishment if, right now, a player was locked at the content's CR in EEG and that was all they got.

But end game/high CR players in early end game are put at a higher CR than the NPCs and get all of the stats from Artifacts, SP and the like coming through. They are at an advantage over the NPCs in the content, so from there it's on the players themselves to make the most of that advantage. And that is an important factor in the game, because how well a player plays their character has mattered to a greater degree here than in other games.

If I can do it with underplayed characters (no min/maxing of stats, no following metas regarding Artifacts or Allies, etc.) then in theory it shouldn't be an issue for those who go all out.
    • Like x 2
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

You are the one boasting about solo’ing bounties meant to be done in a group, not me. New players absolutely need to pursue bounties in groups and deserve the chance to get stronger but don’t pretend that their growth or ours isn't stifled now.

New players are suffering from low participation in EEG open worlds preventing them from earning the feats they need to add to the SP they need so that they can get stronger & grow. Open World bounty feats are a small part of the overall ability for new players to earn feats for SP but it is a valid avenue for them to pursue. They have every right to try to achieve those open world bounty feats just as much as you or I did.

Encouraging participation in EEG Open World would help these new players immensely. Keep the clamp. But the clamping of EG Players in EEG Open World should be equivalent to that same EG Player in current Open World Doomed Washington DC. 5 of us can take down Giganta or Grodd. It should be equivalent In EEG.

As it stands now, I have no desire or incentive to participate in anything EEG as an End Game player.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ozman Well-Known Player

Unless you are a game developer, I very much doubt you have any idea how "easy" it is to do anything in regards to making major changes to a 12 year old game.

So? That comment is just as ridiculous as people whining that the clamp is a punishment.
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

When I get home tonight, I will post the 2 videos for you of me in Sins of Black Adam open world defeating the mummies, tomb raiders and demons in 3 hits versus it taking me 6-7 hits to accomplish the same thing in Wonderverse open world, just to prove to you what I am saying.

As I said before, if everyone else is ok with this, then so be it. I will continue to stay out of EEG content. But don’t make it sound like we are super powerful in EEG when we are not.
    • Like x 1
  8. Grim931 Committed Player

The same can be said in reverse... and I was referring to the process as a whole. The extra steps were unnecessary, especially for a 12 year old game. I can't say how easy it would be, but I can say it would save quite a few steps. Logic would dictate that would be easier, and it would leave options available for everyone.

Pretty sure one vastly outweighs the other in terms of ridiculousness... if you can't see that, then there's no point in talking with you.
    • Like x 3
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I said that as a counter argument to your claims if EEG enemies being harder than EG enemies which is debatable at best.

As I stated multiple times… there are other ways to curve the “issue” of bounty feats without needing to adjust the clamp which has already been adjusted multiple times. On top of that, you just said it yourself that there are other feats new players can after while waiting to find groups for bounties or before attempting to do them. So there are other avenues for new players that can be done without adjusting the clamp.

EG players are already near the same level in EEG as they are in the oldest EG. it has already been proven countless times that the difficulty of content gets adjusted while going to EEG. We get clamped down and so do the enemies. But you people keep ignoring that simple fact.

As it stands, adjustments to the clamp are not needed. They could do targeted adjustments but the ones complaining do not want to give any useable feedback to the devs on what needs adjustments other than “clamp bad, I want my stats, everyone who doesn’t agree is gatekeeping”.
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except that they already gave reasons to why clamp was needed in a 12 year old game. Yet you guys want to ignore that
    • Like x 2
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I will upload my 2 videos tonight after work so you can see for your self the disparity between current SoBA open world versus Wonderverse open world.
  12. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I'm in complete agreement of this and the more I've played clamped content the fewer outliers I have seen. In the last week I've attained a few CT E completes while trying Untrapped Resources, which we got. Before clamp I tried this feat countless times, best groups still got stuck at oracle. I'm yet to get th pulse bots feat but I've far more confidence now.

And this is on Xbox.
    • Like x 2
  13. Ozman Well-Known Player

As I suspected, you haven't got a clue about what is involved in coding, balancing and maintaining a persistent online game. The fact that you seem to think your logic is impeccable despite your obvious lack of knowledge means it is you who isn't worth talking to.
    • Like x 1
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

why does it matter
    when your brought down to CR your still way over powered for the area
    dont see the issue

if your wanting to work on a counter for a world boss (as thats what those bounties are), this is a MMO learn to make friends that's what leagues are for
    if that's to much for someone go play single player games as they might be more your speed

speaking as someone who routinely goes around and does bounties most weeks. most can be done by your self if you know what your doing and for those harder ones like say man bat because of those spores skip that one and do the easier ones you can do.

side note: ALL OF THEM can be done with two people if you struggle by your self make a tank friend or a healer friend. or you be one of those two roles
    • Like x 3
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Larry Hryb? Is that you Major Nelson? It’s like deje vu with Angry Joe!
  16. Grim931 Committed Player

You're right, I don't. I also don't know how to fly a helicopter, but if I see one stuck in a tree... I can clearly establish they messed up. Irregardless of how easy or not it is to do, they're paid to do it. They're professionals, it's not on any of us to have any knowledge of coding, balancing, or maintaining the game. We can provide feedback on what our experiences are, and obviously a few people are experiencing clamped content in a very negative way. The point I'm making, and will continue to make, is that we could use options. Overlook it all you want, but it still stands.

As far as lack of knowledge, you've already exhausted the fact that you are lacking basic reading comprehension. Saying I said something that I clearly didn't say, or even remotely convey, in your first reply should've been a red flag...

It's clear they have a way to filter queues... this has been an integral part of the game for a while now, correct? You'd think it would be relatively easy to modify it. Considering:

They can do it by faction, optional toggle is there.

The game ALREADY does it when your character does not meet the minimal CR rating of content when leveling.

So please, enlighten me. Why, in your infinite wisdom, would this ever be considered hard to implement?
    • Like x 4
  17. Grim931 Committed Player

I'm not ignoring anything. I have stated multiple times in other threads that I see the benefit. But, I'm also not so delusional to say that this fixed everything and made the game better.

It didn't. It took away way more than it gave back for me.

The only thing I've ever asked for was a way to provide other avenues to play. Some people like a more casual, story driven experience. The clamp has increased the amount of effort needed for outdated content. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but for those of us who want to relax, have fun, and not worry about min/maxing our character it is. It's made it incredibly difficult to find enjoyment in the game for me. The requirements shot way through the roof in terms of needed gear/arts/augs, and that's just to feel a fraction of the power we had before without needing any of it when we did.

It also took away the "super" aspect of the "superhero" game. Making our characters that much weaker after experiencing the strength we had for so long was a bad move in my opinion.
    • Like x 3
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Everything isn’t meant for everyone. People who want casual play have a large portion of the game that’s easy to do. In fact dcuo is one of the easier MMOs. If someone wants to just take it easy and not work hard than do event version of raids. Go out and kill mindless enemies in Gotham and metropolis where things are clamped. Go and do some solos. Want to do something meant for more a group of players solo? Than you should expe CT to do the work of a group solo too.

Took the “super” away is also very subjective. How many times in superhero movies/shows/comics do we see hero’s who have accomplished large feats later struggle with far less dangerous enemies. It’s literally part of the comics. And I’d did not take away more than it gave lol.

What did it take away? Stats
    What did it give back? More sources to get SMs
    • Like x 2
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So you go from saying that EEG should be the same difficulty to the oldest EG content and to prove its not you want to compare EEG to the newest EG content?
    • Like x 1
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yes to show the absurdity of open world EEG versus current SoBA EG content for a level CR 392 player.

It should not take me 6-7 hits on any add in any EEG open world content to take them out when I can accomplish the same result in only 3 hits in the most recent DLC. And yes, EEG Open world content should be on par with the oldest EG content.

So either EEG open world is unreasonably adjusted for EG Players or SoBA is incredibly easier than EEG content even though it is the newest DLC available.