Which character do you think needs a refresher the most?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, May 6, 2022.

1. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I like Diana's current face and think it's perfectly fine. Doesn't really look particularly masculine to me, so not sure what you're looking for other than like a Disney princess face or something lmao. And even if there is a hint of masculinity in her, that's perfectly fine. Women can have any mixture of femininity and masculinity and there's nothing wrong with that. And tbvh, if there's any female character that's gonna be such a mixture, Diana's the first one it should be. She's an Amazon, a mythological warrior. She runs around fighting *****, Greek Gods, and supervillains alike with a sword and shield. She should be a mixture of femininity and masculinity. This is also why I prefer her character being a bit stockier and thiccer. It suits the whole Amazon and society-of-warriors thing perfectly and just feels right for the character. And it just looks all the more badass IMO.
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yes, yes, yes! I agree! And while we are at it, I really never liked the DC Universe Rebirth Cheetah that we have now. I really hope they will change her back the version on Prime Earth.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That is her Prime Earth appearance but with clothes.
    • Like x 1
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Would you prefer the Mera who delivers hot carl's on demand?
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, I always find it weird when furry/anthro characters just casually go around without any clothes. Like.... apparently if you have fur it just doesn't count as nudity somehow. Fur also apparently leaves you with Barbie anatomy. What do they do when they need to go to the bathroom? Besides, I would think they'd still wanna wear at least something just for sanitary reasons and to protect their skin and all. I know I sure would even if all my anatomy disappeared and it was technically "ok". Plus it would just be weird lmao. I always give my furry/scaly/anthro characters clothes.
  6. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

It depends on context and storytelling.

In Minerva's case, additional clothing works against her character: In her original Perez appearances, touching the Lasso of Truth made her cry out "There is no Barbara". In the #750 Rucka-penned story, when Wondy tries to persuade her to say her name so Circe's ritual can change her back to Barbara Ann, she utters Cheetah instead. So when she's wearing human clothes, it doesn't line up with her characterization or identifying as her savage self.

Besides, her clothing here isn't really serving any practical purpose other than "sexy". That boob window is gonna trap all sorts of insects when she's running, but the real crime are those boots that is going to hinder her speed, especially since her post-Rebirth legs design were not human to begin with. At least it's not a halloween savage costume I suppose.

Just my two cents.
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Well pooh
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think people that make their pets wear clothes is kind of cringe.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I like the classic Cheetah look but I think her current look is just so freaking wild. Cheetah should have been the mentor for magic villains, not Circe.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Darkwalker Active Player

This may be a controversial one... but the character model that I hate the most in game HAS to be Superman. He just doesn't look heroic. the colours are muted, his hair is a disaster and he wears such a dopey expression. Whenever I see the original Big Blue model in the House of Legends it boggles my mind that they did such a poor job of updating what was a true classic.

Now that Supes is back to sporting the red underoos in the comics, I keep hoping that they update the model in game to something a bit more...

Super.
    • Like x 2
  11. Snowy OwI Devoted Player

Totally not agreeing on Phantom stranger but the rest I agree on.
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

all of them I miss the Jim lee art
    • Like x 1
  13. DCUO Post Loyal Player

To be fair, the redesign is based off of Nicola Scott's character design. A quick fix would be redoing the facial texture. Metal Wonder Woman looks better with that facial texture.

[IMG]

I wish they would fix Superman's threaded eyebrows and something about the eyes bug me. The forum avatars version 2 looks better than the redesign.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1