Which character do you think needs a refresher the most?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, May 6, 2022.

1. nawanda Loyal Player

Wonder Woman.
    • Like x 1
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Idk, maybe arisia rhab? Possibly the reason I liked playing that 4-man operation…
    • Like x 1
  3. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Yes to emotes. We need more emotes. More dances lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

Update Chemo from what? T1?, lol?

Introduce Metal Men eventually, too.
    • Like x 1
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Something that’s been overlooked - Parasite should be updated to have Amazo’s mechanic / powers. They are practically the same. Parasite would be based on getting too close to him, and your power loadout bar would go blank while he has your powers (he weakened you)

With Parasite, could just leave off the part where his skin changes to match the power
    • Like x 2
  6. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I propose a change in format.
    Instead of just saying who you want to see getting refreshed, post the design you want to see them in!
    Especially since DCUO has freedom to make their own designs (Emerald Empress, Poison Ivy) or not directly adapt their latest design (All Wonder Women in refresh era), choose the look you like best!

Wonder Girl Cassie Sandsmarks:
    That Rebirth look is ugh. Maybe she can have her headphone there, but black top and red jeans! JEANS!
    [IMG]

Hippolyta:
    [IMG]

Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris):
    This one really should have been refreshed during all those Valentine's events...
    [IMG]

Orion technically was refreshed but only in Patchwork afaict and was just a repaint anyway:
    (Also still waiting for his glider to show up)
    [IMG]

Lightray is def missing on the list:
    [IMG]

The last 3 pics should be the sketch design unless I missed any newer versions.
    Those are the refreshes I want to see atm :3
    • Like x 2
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    Maybe something like this
    • Like x 2
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Cant find any great examples, but Eclipso needs love too
    • Like x 3
  9. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

This appears to be his current look. I don't really have a preference among any of his designs:
    [IMG]

Brother Blood... Would probably end up using the New 52 version anyway, but I'd like to submit the Smallville (comics exclusive version) for your consideration.
    [IMG]

Trigon just needs a colour refresh rather than a completely new design I think. Maybe new hair like how Giganta's refresh is handled.
    • Like x 2
  10. Aren Sul Committed Player

I agree about Green Arrow. Put him at number one. My top 10 list:
    1. Green Arrow
    2. Black Adam
    3. Killer Croc
    4. Fire
    5. Killer Frost
    6. Wondergirl
    7. Star Sapphire
    8. Kyle Rayner (can we use him a tad more?)
    9. Two-Face
    10. Bizzaro
    And the alternate character skins we have that never got updated especially Tattooed (seriously!), and texture improvements for:
    • Wolf
    • Tiger
    • Fox
    • Reptile
    • Plant
    • Bark
    • Undead
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's pretty close to what he looks like in the comics currently.
    • Like x 1
  12. PsychoPuddin New Player

How about the final bosses of FV-FVe. Top, Wether Wizzard, etc. Central City Bounties basically. Such a tedious feat deserves some stylish character models :):D:)
    • Like x 1
  13. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Oh, right! Shiva, too. How could I forget her?! I've been wanting a refresher for her for the longest time. They removed it awhile back, but I'm still a bit puzzled at the random red glowing aura she used to have for some reason. Still no clue why Shiva used to glow all the time lmao.

And of course the Bombshells, Two-Face, Clayface, Jay Garrick, the early game Tim/Robin model (I know it's probably low priority and that's pretty fair tbh, but it would just be kinda nice for some of the occasions we still see him between old pre-Titans episode content and little moments like the MP2 duo using him to represent Jason and recreate Death in the Family), Crock, Bane, Green Arrow (his girl got one but he still hasn't lmao), Man-Bat, wouldn't mind seeing Renee/Question get touched up and be utilized more sometime, Penguin, T.O. Morrow
  14. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Cyborg Superman
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

Titanic Trenton. He's had years of beatings - he must be more buff by now?

I'd like to think this thread doubles as a "who has been under-used" indicator, perhaps?

Swamp Thing. Too smooth.
    Dr. Psycho.
    Superman. Again, please.
    Supergirl.
    Major Force.
    Bizarro.
    Mera in the levelling instance.
    Eclipso
    Grodd
    The Spectre
    Harvey Bullock.
    Bane
    Civilians. They're everywhere in Gotham and Metropolis, and yet we have at best count 8 basics types (4 male, 4 female). Apparently everybody in both cities wears business / business casual - in a limited choice of colours.

Most of the time it's where we see new character models juxtaposed with other, older models, or where great characters have been seemingly abandoned.
    • Like x 1
  16. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

[IMG] Just to add an example to what you're getting at, I dug up this old screenshot I took from the MP2 duo when it first released. It's all three different types/classes of character models in one image: Bruce is an old original model retextured and touched up, Talia is an old original model untouched, and Damian is a very new and recent model. And it's quite apparent who's from when.
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

Old Mera next to the new Aquaman in that levelling instance is really jarring.

Having said that, and with the Summer Seasonal coming up - can we have some certainty about where Ocean Master's accent is going to end up? Currently he's somewhere between "Overly Pronounced RP" English and "I'm going to set your cat on fire" Psycho.
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

I hope I'm not alone in thinking that a graphical reset without a re-dub is only addressing half of the immersion?
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

"ah! my brrrrotherrr! You have brought frrrriends to witness my corrronation..." is how I hear it in the current (new version) voice. And I already hate it.

As opposed to what was probably Mr. Baldwin before he got retired from Superman duties.: -

Plenty to take away from that video: Old-school Light loadouts, Seasonals used to effectively be Alerts, and that even if you don't know why you are doing it, mechanics matter :D.
  20. AJPro Committed Player

Big no offense but Wonder Woman needs a do over, love the Amazon theme look but her face is very masculine. She is a goddess for gosh sake….She kind of looks like a game designer who has left….i think we need to remove that piece of vanity….if you are going to make her look like a real person, make it Gal Godet not …..
    • Like x 1