Villain Side, Oy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, May 8, 2015.

1. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

Its PC and PS at first since it is up and running. Even then from what I've seen of streamers about DCUO the villains side of the PC is even more dead. So once the cross does happen if any players stick around after GU 47 apocalypse (not the planet or character, but catastrophe) the population will equal about (1/20) of hero's population. Maybe even smaller with new hero's made left and right.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

There is a couple of titles that are coming out or just came out that support crossplay with PC. Really though, I don't think it would be that hard to do, it's the XBox gold that would be the problem. But they got around that with PS+, I don't think it would be a problem.

Though, Spytle said they might not do crossplay with it on twitter, it could happen.

Also, DCUO is coming to the XBox, they are already working on it. Mepps posted a leak tweet.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Though crossplay with Xbox also means new xbox players will now have only a very few available names at game creation, not so great for the launch of a game on a new platform.
  4. iTzKCO Well-Known Player

Yea, cross play won't really help villain side unless they have put initiatives for people to be villains. Thats the main reason I'm stressing xb1 included in the cross play. While (to my knowledge) villain side was never equal to hero side, I remember when DCUO first became f2p, the villain side had a HUGE population. With entirely NEW people, I don't see why that can't resurrect life into the villain side.
  5. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

Because the DC universe has always favored the hero's more than the villains, the cartoons show it. Plus doesn't the villains rule the PvP side?
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I love being a villain but honestly if I had the chance to keep my SP and go hero I would. I hate PVE and only use it to get feats so I like to do PVE stuff fast and get back to the Arena.
  7. metalfenix Committed Player

USPC villain side is the perfect example of DCUO (DC Universe OFFLINE)
  8. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

So what are they actually doing in the cartoon if there's no villain around?
  9. Mur Dah Active Player

There will definitely not be any crossplay between xbox and playstation..... Phil Spencer (Head of xbox) has been asked about this many times especially around the time Final Fantasy XIV online was launching. He made it clear in no uncertain terms its not a road Microsoft want to go down.

If and when it does launch on xbox expect seperate servers and crossplay between Xbox / PC and PS / PC.
    • Like x 1
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Do you really think if PS has a low population on villain side. That crossplay with PC's extremely low population will make a significant difference?

Literally the numbers are like adding 5 new league with 150 players each and I dont even that exists on PC side.
  11. Enzan Committed Player

On my Villain(Mistivious), I queued up for the Spring Seasonal instance. It took 10 minutes to find a group, and when I got in it was me and 3 lvl 10s.

I explained the objective, and only one of them listened, so it was a struggle for another 10 minutes until one of the 10s that kept beating on Swamp Thing DC'd. We wiped, opened the instance and a CR 114 came in(And thankfully stayed).

Long story short, it took 30 minutes + 10 minutes for waiting to get in.

:(
    • Like x 1
  12. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

Drama and arguing with each other
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I have an idea so crazy, it just might work... which means the Devs will NEVER do it: Allow us to CHANGE OUR CHARACTERS' FACTIONS! So, allow us to switch back and forth between Hero and Villain whenever we want by purchasing a Faction Change Token or something. But I have a caveat: Any styles obtained while in one faction have to be retained when you change to the other faction! That way, my Hero that needs the Hijacked Servitor style could change to a Villain, obtain that style, then change BACK to a Hero and keep that style! ;)

This would also help the low population on the Villain side, due to Hero players turning their characters to the Dark Side! :D
  14. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

If they unite the style it would be a step to make it possible, however I would prefer it to be a mission part of an episode dedicated to that them like an Earth-3 kind episode (at least an optional mission without reward except the faction change). That way it would be accessible to all who bought the DLC/are legendary without making it mandatory to pay a token for extra feats.
    • Like x 1
  15. metalfenix Committed Player

I dunno why the devs have not implemented something like this.

It could be something like a mercenary company, where both heros and villains takes contracts (like, for example, 1 hero helping 3 villains on area 51, or 2 villains helping 2 heroes on WT containment T1) regardless the factions. Could be like suicide squad on PvP, enabled just by a switch, to join.

There are many toons on hero side that could pass as villains anyway o_O
    • Like x 2
  16. Southbeatz Well-Known Player

Often times the Hero side on this game has more of a Villainous attitude than the Villain players.
    • Like x 4
  17. the solowing Unwavering Player

Xbox is against crossplay, Square Enix tried to ask them to cross play Final Fantasy 14 and they declined that's why it's on cross-play between PlayStation and PC so I doubt they're going to let Xbox one cross play with anything else
  18. the solowing Unwavering Player

why bother have factions if your hero act like a villain in your villains acting like a hero
  19. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

If they just allowed faction switches. Where only once every 6 months or so u can switch. I'd switch in a heart beat. I just worked way too hard on my main, styles, sp, plans, and everything else. If there was a way to take everythin with me to an extend, I know some styles can't be moved to villain but at least the ones u can. And I know sp is also a issue, but they can easily lock those away, it might be a bit of work but it's possible. I always wanted to be villain, but most of the ppl I knew were in hero side so I went that direction. But anyways, if they ever create a system where it let's u switch factions without any issues and locking away some styles and some sp that's only hero side. I'd switch in a heart beat
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

I actually think when feat purchasing was introduced, many villains rolled heroes and just bought up the SP. I tried doing the opposite, but it was too hard to even level on PC villain side.