Vendor Chase 3 - Bonus Currency & New Rewards!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MiguelDaybreak, Apr 10, 2024.

1. MiguelDaybreak Community Relations

[IMG]
    NEW REWARDS AND 2X CURRENCY IS HERE!
    We've got a lot of exciting new stuff coming to the Justice League Dark Cursed Episode this week! Starting Thursday, April 11th 2024 you'll earn doubled Tarot Cards currency when you play the latest episode.
    You can use those Tarot Cards to buy a variety of new gear and rewards from the episode vendors - just open the On Duty menu, look for Justice League Dark Cursed in the Latest Episodes section or your map, and warp to Cursed Gotham City to see all the new stuff!
    NEW STYLES
    These NEW styles are now available on the episode vendor:
    • Paranormal Wanderer Fedora Style
    • Paranormal Wanderer Jacket Style
    • Paranormal Wanderer Pants Style
    [IMG]
    Paranormal Wanderer Fedora, Jacket, and Pants
    NEW UPLINK DEVICE
    We're adding the Full Moon Blast Uplink Device to the Episode vendor in this update - this trinket lets you use Hecate's skill in battle whenever you want!

NEW ESSENCE COLLECTION
    In this update, we're adding 12 new Essence items - if you collect all of them, you'll complete the Collection "A Powerful Gift" and be rewarded with the Magical Drain Aura. One of these essence items will be available at the Episode vendors. The other 11, though, drop from specific magical bosses across the game - it's up to you to uncover which bosses will drop each Essence.
    • Essence added to Episode vendor:
      • Essence of the Grave
    • Essences added to boss drops:
      • Essence of Resurrection
      • Essence of the Great Darkness
      • Essence of the Avatar
      • Essence of the Lunar Mechanization
      • Essence of Destiny
      • Essence of the Underwater Mystics
      • Essence of the Magic Word
      • Essence of Limbo Town
      • Essence of Unmaking
      • Essence of Borrowed Power
      • Essence of the Ethereal
    [IMG]
    Magical Drain Aura
    NEW BOSS DROPS
    Alongside the new Essence items, the following items are being added to the Episode as new boss drops:
    • Mysterious Cosmic Doorway
    • Mysterious Moon Window - Round
    • Mysterious Moon Window - Rectangle
    [IMG]
    Mysterious Cosmic Doorway and Mysterious Moon Windows

The bonus week begins after the daily server restarts on Thursday, April 11, 2024, and runs through Wednesday, April 17, 2024. The new rewards are permanent additions to the game.

• Like x 22
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Thanks! And nicely done with the base items, I'll be sure to farm those.
    • Like x 5
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I need to know who the hell is responsible for this because they need to know well done.
    • Like x 4
  4. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

[IMG]

These Base Items are beautiful. I kinda like the idea of the aura pieces but depends on how much the vendor piece costs I guess (Aura looks nice too). The Style looks like Phantom Stranger, I don't think we ever got his styles before?
    • Like x 8
  5. Kaladin_Stormblessed New Player

Long time lurker, had to sign in to comment about the essence collection pieces dropping from bosses across the world. Whoever had that idea did an amazing job. Please more content like this!!!
    • Like x 3
  6. kallader Committed Player

Should switch old Fedora hat name to Trilby hat so the hat name is accurate ;)
    • Like x 5
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

WOW!

The ingenuity and variety of items is pretty amazing this time around.

Whoever made this and put this together. Well done.

Feedback: I appreciate that you want to improve and increase player interaction in terms of running content, but having the collections drop from certain bosses outside the current DLC seems to be a monumental task which will affect the market in a negative way.

Since they game has 13 years of content with bosses, it will be hard for players to track down the pieces they need, since the specific boss drops aren't specified.

It's better to either:

(a) List the boss specific boss drops

(b) Restrict this "scavenger hunt" to the current episode content

Thanks!
    • Like x 2
  8. Sollace Well-Known Player

A very nice base item, this DLC has some very nice content to offer, just tribute that there isn't for the wall and see something in the same vein for the floor. As someone who's just passed Celestial, I'll be fine with my new power.

Hopefully a base will also arrive one day as a reference for this celestial inspired power, something like Olympus or a more Celestial aspect still, in Path Of Exile, there have been some really amazing ideas around this theme. :)

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Odin EU Level 30

Will anything be tied to new feats or are these new rewards simply aesthetic?
    • Like x 1
  10. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

NEW ESSENCE COLLECTION
    In this update, we're adding 12 new Essence items - if you collect all of them, you'll complete the Collection "A Powerful Gift" and be rewarded with the Magical Drain Aura. One of these essence items will be available at the Episode vendors. The other 11, though, drop from specific magical bosses across the game - it's up to you to uncover which bosses will drop each Essence.

WHO in the right mind, thought that THIS is a good idea?
    I know you guys just creating "contents" that is nothing but busy work, but this is just next level of
    "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"
    So now, people will have to farm bosses from BOTH open world and instances throughout the ENTIRE GAME, just to loot 11 collections with the horrible mostly 0% RnG you have been shoving down our throat for a bit over a decade now?
    Just to get an aura from the CURRENT DLC?
    Who in the right mind approved of this horrible grinde of joke?
    Why do you keep doing this?
    Dumping every horrible idea on us, treating the game contents like sewage, untested mess straight to the LIVE server without any testing, without any info beforehand for people to have an idea about, to approve or disapprove.
    None of THIS is ok and the current game state with the available player base, does not have enough players to do ALL the testing for you, let along farm bosses across ALL contents as a massive guessing game for collections for that matter.
    • Like x 2
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the night sky portal needs to be made into a material and chroma.
    • Like x 6
  12. Korlick Loyal Player

Since you are not revealing wich bosses drops each piece, I think the most important question now would be, these new collections are guarantee drops from bosses or just have a RNG chance to drop?
    • Like x 1
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually like it this way since it incentivizes running older content more while also giving content creators an incentive to create guides besides "NEW WATER OP LOADOUT".
    Also, a simple google search will give you the necessary information if you arent able to figure out where to drop what by yourself. :)

We dont know the drop-chance.
    We can tell by the wording where some of these drop already.
    • Like x 3
  14. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

OLALA
    OLALAAA! This is one I've waited for! :eek::D
    • Like x 1
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I hope these things are tradable either ;) oops unpopular opinion I’m sure
    • Like x 2
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would buy that for a dollar. ;)
  17. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Cool base items and the uplink device looks cool too.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Excellent!!!!:)

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 2
  19. The Fairy Well-Known Player

Please don't attach 11 collection pieces in a raid. It's not the first time you did something like this and it was always bad when ever you did. Especially in a raid that's been out since December (or November) of 2023.
    Remember the Omnipotent items locked behind 11 collections which one of them had like 1% chance drop and also the last piece locked behind 300/400 marks? Those were dark days of this game.

An update on a vendor isn't new content on a 5 month episode. Imagine a new player seeing so much stuff locked behind a vendor in every episode
    What an absolute BORING update. And thank you again for 2 Booster Bundels and no new content.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

I love the fact you're now using rewards to encourage running old content to increase activity in omnibus, long overdue and keep it up, this is a step in the right direction.
    • Like x 3