The Right Green For A Lantern

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by LoneLantern, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Crimson Jonni New Player

Thanks guys xD
    I tried the npc green for the longest an i hated how teal it looked. I was playing around trying to get it just green enough to be green, but also a hint of blue so it isnt that lime color. I've found that it works well with almost any green lantern themed characters, so enjoy. :D
    • Like x 2
  2. LoneLantern New Player

Hey again, everyone. So....I finally got the Scion of Ion Chest and Legs, giving my dear Lantern a proper Green Lantern look! :D

It looks amazing on him, however - I'm unsure on what glove style I should use. I really want the Vestments of Rage gloves, seeing as it looks incredible as a slimline glove. However, I'm not sure I'll be getting it anytime soon since I can't earn Marks of Fury (or whatever they're called for the Style vendor). Anyone have any suggestions for some GL gloves that go with the Stalwart Defender Boots, Scion Chest and Scion Legs? Nothing bulky preferably. Also not entirely sure about the Protege gloves as well that were mentioned before - because of the bolts on the knuckles, and I believe they also have claws. My Lantern's a Human, so claws would seem weird on him. :p
    • Like x 1
  3. Grumpy Dedicated Player

Doctor Fate gloves. You can drop Vestments of Rage gloves in Assault and Battery raid. They arent rare at all, so you won't have to spend any MoF in order to get them.
    • Like x 1
  4. LoneLantern New Player

I know they can drop from Assault and Battery, but there's also a chance gloves that I can't even get the style from will drop instead - like Healer or Tank gloves, meaning it wouldn't help anything. Also, the Doctor Fate gloves are nice looking, but seem a bit too bulky.
    • Like x 1
  5. LoneLantern New Player

What about the Patriotic Glove Style from the Bibbo's Burger Plate collection? Would that make a good substitute until luck grants me the Rage Glove style if made pure white?
    • Like x 1
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Use whatever looks good to you, man! :cool:

So, got any screenshots of your GL yet? :confused:
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*BUMP!*

I've taken the Hex Code we all settled on as being the best, 00510C, and tinkered with it a little more, because it started looking just a tad too bright on my GL characters. And with the 4th Color now available, it's very easy to try out alternates and change back with a click.

So, I ended up deciding I like.... 00310C even better. It matches up more closely to the shade of green used on the GL Corps Emblem from the Time Capsules! It's also gotten Stel looking a little closer to the coloring of the action figure that inspired my recreation of the character.

Pics to come, please standby...
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Alright, here's a quick and dirty comparison pic for you. On the left is Stel with 00510C as the shade of green. On the right he's shown with 00310C.

[IMG]

As you can see, the "new" shade of green is closer to the official "GL Corps Green" on the new GL Corps Emblem. Not exact, but still that extra little bit closer.
  9. Delta796th Loyal Player

Almost every GL has been a shade of green. Not really any specific GL color . Just pick what you like
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Isn't that... KickAss? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

No, he's a gun-toting MUSLIM! Complete with weird, Middle Eastern tattoos! :p
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Again, don't really know much about the Lanterns, but, isn't there supposed to be just one living Lantern per Sector? How cume earth gets fifty dozen? o_O
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That all changed after Green Lantern Rebirth, when the Guardians decided to have 2 GLs per Sector. And some of the GLs from Earth were moved to other Sectors, namely Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner, If I Remember Correctly.
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, but why does Earth get to have so many? Even if they moved them to other sectors (which means that those sectors were denied having their own Lanterns, and instead were saddled with aliens)
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Basically, when the Corps was fully reformed after the events of GL Rebirth, the Guardians gave rings out to any former-GLs that were still alive and willing to return, and that included all 4 of the GLs from Earth (Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, and Kyle Rayner.) With the threats that were building at the time (Sinestro was about to unleash his own Corps upon the Multiverse) experienced ring-slingers were needed.
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, let me ask y'all this: Has anyone positively identified the exact Hex Code for the shade of green used on the new GL Corps Emblems in the game?

Here it is displayed on the Streak Slimline Chest on one of my GL characters.

[IMG]

The shade of green I've used is 00310C, my current preferred color, and as you can see, it's still a little off compared to the "Official" GL Corps Green the Devs used. :confused:
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, it does appear the new Emblem uses 0E4B24, as I set that as my character's shade of green on his uniform, and here's what it looks like:

[IMG]

One reason it was hard to tell the exact shade is that the lighting effects aren't being applied on the Emblem, only on the Chest and other clothing. o_O

As I had noticed in the past, once the lighting effects are applied to the character's outfit, this shade of green ends up being too bright, too teal, etc. I wouldn't be suprised if the NPC GL Corps Uniform does NOT have lighting effects applied to it. That would explain why the color looks so good on those uniforms. :rolleyes:
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

They have to do what they can to make sure player-Lanterns aren't too close to the real thing :p
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And we, the players, have to do everything WE can to make sure our characters look the way that they should! :p