The Right Green For A Lantern

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by LoneLantern, Sep 24, 2014.

1. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

that was my impression too, allways looked best on my lanterns...
    • Like x 1
  2. LoneLantern New Player

That's understandable - although I'm currently using 0e4b24 for my Green Lantern and it doesn't look half-bad. Of course, as stated before - he's only wearing Streak Slimline, Tertiary Slimline and a Half-Domino Mask - but it looks good. I agree though, it seems a bit odd to make the color a bit teal - but it's still pretty green. I guess maybe the Devs were thinking of something a bit darker when it came to the color of the green portions of the uniforms.

Something I find odd though is - why the dark-blue/black instead of a normal black? I went with pure black and the 0e4b24 and I think my outfit looks pretty good, but if it had the dark blue-black of the NPCs, it seems weird to me. 0.o
    • Like x 1
  3. LoneLantern New Player

I almost forgot Rokyn, the green on your character's outfit - which color code is that? It looks like it blends well with the Green Lantern emblem from the Scion chest. :D
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

My personal theory is that it's a tip of the hat to the "good old days" of 4-color printing (from the birth of comics up through the Bronze Age,) during which time a dark blue was often used for highlights on a black surface:

[IMG]

The only problem with that is, the colorists in Green Lantern never did that. The black of the GL Corps uniforms was never shown with blue highlights that I've ever seen. From the earliest issues, gray highlights were used, or sometimes green, or even sometimes white (which defies logic, but it is what it is):

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And that's why I just use pure black (hex code 000000). ;)
  5. Toshknight Loyal Player

im kina really obsesed with GL , here is my troll lantern and a pre lantern slimline blue lantern i made
    [IMG][IMG]

before you can get the lantern slimline.... id use the moon emblem all white. cause the lantern reserves dont get a emblem , streak slimline. dr fate gloves. and stalwart boots

the green is 074c2a and the black has a hint of blue in it... pm me if you have any questions... i also have a killer YL pre slimline
  6. LoneLantern New Player

You and I are the same - I'm obsessed with the GL series as well, especially the Green Lantern Corps and the Sinestro Corps. :D

Anyways, the black with the hint of blue is something I still don't understand. :/ I think a normal, pure black looks pretty good. I'm just a bit unsure about the green currently. I tried the 074C2A, and currently using 0E4B24, but they seem too teal to me. I saw Rokyn's GL character, which looks amazing - but I don't know the green that was used. It looks and more appropriate of a green and blends pretty well with the GL emblem of the Scion chestpiece, but I don't know what the color code for it is.

Also, very nice outfits. :)
  7. Toshknight Loyal Player

Below is a list of Good Green Lantern, Red lantern , Blue lantern and Sinestro corp style clothes besides and before we had our nice lantern slimlines including Collection rewards . to loot and just stuff you can buy off the Vendors in the WT or HOD

Lets start with boots
    StalWart Boots, basically work for any costume, but look great on Lanterns... yellow. blue , red or green
    Alan Scott Boots, what My female lantern toon has on.they are the Standard Green lantern boots that all the Lantern npcs have on but they have the straps around them looted from the JSA Headquarters in Metro, "only villains can do it"
    female peaked boots, from the Standard Style vendor

Masks and Shoulders
    with the Standard Lantern slimline suit done right, u dont wear shoulders. belt or head piece Ryut Shoulders aka Atrocitus' actual shoulders" drop in coast city i believe , migh drop in other places now that we see sector stuff dropping in newer raids
    Oan Tech mask aka Kyle Rayners Mask drips in Coast city, from kyle rayner
    sector 13 Shoulder Vice's Shoulders the Red lantern also drop in oan science cell alert
    Protege of inversion head piece Atrocitus' Head armor , from Rage of War collectoin i believe
    Missionary of Hope head piece is brother warth's the blue lantern's cap from one of the blue lantern Briefings

Gloves
    THeres lots of gloves you can use that look cool on a lantern but below are closest to iconic lantern looks ive come up with

Dr Fates's Gloves, All white , a bit builky but are ok for a Green lantern
    Power girls gloves. like dr fates but they go up to the elbow a bit large for my taste but they look ok for a Green lantern or Blue lantern
    My favorite are the Protege of inversion gloves they are the closest to a slimline glove flush to the suit that your gonna get if you have them all white for a Green lantern's outfit , my Female toon above has them on

Chest pieces for all Lanterns
    1. Streak SlimLine works for basically any kinda lantern you wanna make while leveling up, i use the Moon emblem all white.
    2. Guy Gardner Vest , now this is great now especoa;;u That along with all the new WOL 1 Lantern SlimLines they gave us back armor that are emblems. right now thers only Sinetsro Corp, Green lantern corp, and Rage lantern Corp back piece emblems
    3. The obvious Scion of ion , Deciples of paralax and Vestment of Rage Armor chests , These are the best you can get if your going for a lantern iconic look , they designed them GREAT , apart from the short sleeves on the Amber corp onesand the colored embelms, that cant be changed to white , they are basically carbon copys to the lantern slimlines that the actual lanterns wear,

more to come with Screen shots
  8. Toshknight Loyal Player

Also, very nice outfits. :)[/quote]

Below is a list of Good Green Lantern, Red lantern , Blue lantern and Sinestro corp style clothes besides and before we had our nice lantern slimlines including Collection rewards . to loot and just stuff you can buy off the Vendors in the WT or HOD

Lets start with boots
    StalWart Boots, basically work for any costume, but look great on Lanterns... yellow. blue , red or green
    Alan Scott Boots, what My female lantern toon has on.they are the Standard Green lantern boots that all the Lantern npcs have on but they have the straps around them looted from the JSA Headquarters in Metro, "only villains can do it"
    female peaked boots, from the Standard Style vendor

Masks and Shoulders
    with the Standard Lantern slimline suit done right, u dont wear shoulders. belt or head piece Ryut Shoulders aka Atrocitus' actual shoulders" drop in coast city i believe , migh drop in other places now that we see sector stuff dropping in newer raids
    Oan Tech mask aka Kyle Rayners Mask drips in Coast city, from kyle rayner
    sector 13 Shoulder Vice's Shoulders the Red lantern also drop in oan science cell alert
    Protege of inversion head piece Atrocitus' Head armor , from Rage of War collectoin i believe
    Missionary of Hope head piece is brother warth's the blue lantern's cap from one of the blue lantern Briefings

Gloves
    THeres lots of gloves you can use that look cool on a lantern but below are closest to iconic lantern looks ive come up with

Dr Fates's Gloves, All white , a bit builky but are ok for a Green lantern
    Power girls gloves. like dr fates but they go up to the elbow a bit large for my taste but they look ok for a Green lantern or Blue lantern
    My favorite are the Protege of inversion gloves they are the closest to a slimline glove flush to the suit that your gonna get if you have them all white for a Green lantern's outfit , my Female toon above has them on

Chest pieces for all Lanterns
    1. Streak SlimLine works for basically any kinda lantern you wanna make while leveling up, i use the Moon emblem all white.
    2. Guy Gardner Vest , now this is great now especoa;;u That along with all the new WOL 1 Lantern SlimLines they gave us back armor that are emblems. right now thers only Sinetsro Corp, Green lantern corp, and Rage lantern Corp back piece emblems
    3. The obvious Scion of ion , Deciples of paralax and Vestment of Rage Armor chests , These are the best you can get if your going for a lantern iconic look , they designed them GREAT , apart from the short sleeves on the Amber corp onesand the colored embelms, that cant be changed to white , they are basically carbon copys to the lantern slimlines that the actual lanterns wear,
  9. Toshknight Loyal Player

images of my lanterns from when Fight for the light came out to now

First Sinestro corp suit i could come up with before we had good suits
    [IMG]
    blow is present. my lantern and the lackys of sinestro
    [IMG]
    and a Screen of what shee looks like today
    [IMG]
    Perfection
    below are Green lanterns same order as above
    [IMG]
    VERY OLD Green lantern costume
    [IMG]
    lantern in her lair
    [IMG]
    below are the blue lanterns
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    BRother warths armor
    What we will get when blue lanterns come out
    [IMG]
    below is a pic of my lantern with blue lantern color codes
    [IMG]

There ya go ill get some new Screen shots with the New emerald green nimbus and the red nimbus on my red and Green lanterns
  10. LoneLantern New Player

:O Those are are really impressive! I appreciate the list of awesome Lantern-suitable gear. At least I know how what to get for my GL as soon as I get the appropriate combat rating (However long it takes, hopefully not too long, hehe. Close to level 30, woo!) Scion chest and legs, I'll try to get the Stalwart Defender boots, then the Protege of the Inversions gloves as you mentioned, although I might consider seeing how they'd look with the wrist portions green and the hands black.

Although, I'll definitely keep the idea of making the gloves white in mind as well if it doesn't look right. :D Now I just need to level up, get the right gear, work to get the gear I desire - and also make sure I'm 100% certain on a Green.
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Crimson Jonni has a really nice toon that's Green Lantern based. I'd ask him too. He's a fashion freak lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Mont New Player

Yeah,4 armories with different lanterns in them
  13. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Hey LoneLantern...I currently do not have my playstation with me since I'm away from home but whenever I get the chance I will try to find the hex green color from suit for you :) If anything the guys here also have great designs and colors that you can explore from :D
    • Like x 1
  14. LoneLantern New Player

I appreciate it Rokyn. :) And you're right, everyone else here have some great costume designs and colors as well - I'm happy to read each post either on this topic or other topics about the same subject.
  15. DoctorSyndrome Dedicated Player

16. LoneLantern New Player

Well...I guess I can give a bit of an update to my situation. Currently I'm alternating between the GL color code used by Hal Jordan and other GL NPCs - 0E4B24, as well as a code Crimson Jonni was kind enough to tell me about - 00510C. Sadly, since I only have a combat rating of 53 (hoping I can get that changed to 83/84 soon, whichever it is that lets me access War of Light Part 1 content/Mogo/Scion of Ion vendor), I can't see what each looks like with the Scion of Ion chest.

However, I also just now realized the Protege of the Inversions gloves mentioned before have weird bolts/studs/whatever on the knuckles, and one image also showed them with claws. I might not go with them afterall...Anyone have suggestions about a good pair of gloves that go well with the Scion Chest - something not bulky preferred? It's a shame they don't have a colored forearm band style or something similar to John Stewart's chosen 'gloves'.
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Awesome, another new code to try! W00T! :D
  18. dngnb8 Devoted Player

If youre looking for the correct color of green, just pick your nose and look at what you got.
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! :D

Here's Stel of Grenda hangin' out with one of the Green Lantern Corps Reservists in the Watchtower.

[IMG]

Outfit recolored with 00510C... just the right hint of blue in the green! You can see it really well in the emblem on his chest. :cool:
  20. LoneLantern New Player

Hehe, awesome! The credit goes to Crimson Jonni for telling me about that code in the first place. I just need to see how it looks on the Scion of Ion and if it looks goods, well...I might have found my permanent green color, hehe. ;)
    • Like x 2