Stat clamp is going to ruin DCUO- Please reconsider making this go live

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JSnaples, Aug 11, 2021.

1. the solowing Unwavering Player

• Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

3. the solowing Unwavering Player

Im no psychiatrist and am certainly not qualified to assess anyone. This one just stuck out to me though.

Cerebral or intellectual narcissists derive their self-importance from their minds, compared to the somatic narcissist who derives worth from their bodies. "Cerebral narcissists get their supply from feeling smarter, more clever, and more intelligent than others," Scott-Hudson tells mindbodygreen.
    Cerebral narcissists believe they're smarter than others. In an attempt to feed their ego, they will try to make others feel unintelligent. If you're dealing with a cerebral narcissist, insulate yourself from their words. "You're never going to win an argument or get to a point where they admit you're right," Fox says, "so learn to let it go."
    • Like x 1
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I can't believe this thread is still going. It seems there are cerebral narcissists on both sides. The wisdom or error of the coming changes will soon be known to everyone. Pray for our troops and people left behind in Afghanistan that we can get them all out alive. That's what truly matters now.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Pray for the Afghan citizens as well.
    • Like x 4
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

There's a real fragility in being unable to accept someone else knows more than you, and having to dismiss it as arrogance or a superiority complex instead of recognize it. The sad part is we see this devaluing of knowledge and expertise in western culture all the time now -- like when avg people think they know better than doctors for example.

Why would I pretend I don't know what I know when talking to someone who clearly doesn't understand a topic? Why should I pretend I don't understand this topic better than some of you because it's not polite for me to? Why would I pretend I don't have years of relevant experience, knowledge and understanding of this topic just so that someone significantly less informed, who demonstrates an inability to even understand points they're quoting, doesn't feel insecure? Why would I make myself smaller or let someone diminish my very hard earned accomplishments to placate some rando on a forum who confuses their opinion and feelings for knowledge and expertise on a topic? So that they feel like their opinions are just as valid as someone's who's put in the work?

You can call me arrogant all you want, or anything else you can think of. I've been called worse by more credible critics, and it won't make me less right or make you or your friends even remotely correct though.
    • Like x 3
  7. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

True. Imagine if you weren't replying to an incredibly self-aware post?

But hey, at least you could use your fav Judy Dench meme.
  9. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. the solowing Unwavering Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. the solowing Unwavering Player

• Like x 1
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  13. Toshknight Loyal Player

of course it does. but this is a video game forum, we don't have to have it discussed in Everything there is. i mean you can't really comment about people talking about the game they pay for, and also play to escape the RL stuff that is going on, cause, it can be very depressing and if someone is old enough, what you said.... goes without saying, and doesn't need to be brought up in a DC UNIVERSE mmo forum. Wish u well.
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Wow ... OK. Episode 41 goes live probably this Thursday if all goes well. We will know if the our (by our meaning the High CR end game players) progression is made trivial or if it doesn't really impact us significantly. It seems the crux of the issue, at least to me personally as I can't speak for Apollonia or anyone else, the crux is that the pro stats clamp camp refuses to understand that we feel like what we worked hard for over the years is being taken away from us or diminished in some way. In other words, there is no attempt or willingness on the pro stats clamp side to understand our feelings on the stat clamp.

I have previously given the example of waiting tables working for tips and at the end of the night, all the tips were then taken and evenly distributed no matter how hard you had worked personally, it was given to others who hadn't really done that much. My effort was trivialized. We have a fear that our effort in DCUO is being trivialized with the changes coming in Episode 41.

But we will all find out soon enough so hopefully all will go well and our fears will be taken away. Meow!
  15. Toshknight Loyal Player

its not gate keeping,

there is a difference between nostalgia and the loss of innovation, and gate keeping? why cause i was merely saying that MMOs were do to No voice chat, and the sandbox of some mmos, that it is very important you meet others and if you want to play those games in the past more like the developers intended , find other players and group with them to get to know the game a bit better and possibly have more fun, thats fact, not living in w/e nostalgia yea, maybe you don't HAVE to get to know anyone, but the OP said Why should i have to worry about other players, that right there its strange reading that, cause this is not overall a solo game, you should want more players to come to the game, not saying you do have to talk to anyone or care even, but overall, it helps if you interact with the community, i dont know how you feel that is living in the past when i clearly stated the opposite, cause i did use to want games to be like they use to, but i got over it about 5 years ago.

, everyone was a new player at once, if no one ever helped anyone new or told them, grouped, or helped them, no one would have gotten anywhere.

also how is it gatekeeping when i said, i play the game as it is today, and i enjoy it for the most part, how it has morphed into more of a solo online game if wanted, log in, dailies, grind up, your faction coins, pug it out if you need to raid, by saying how Everquest, SWG, Everquest2, ultima , matrix, all those games,, "btw most were SOE made", have tons more innovation in player interaction and roll playing then newer mmos, that is not gate keeping,

i was not hating on dcuo, i was just saying how mmorpg were played, in no way did i say YOU CAN"T PLAY THIS GAME, or you don't know what your doing leave, all i said, in a sort of cynical way of saying, this person is basically saying why should i care about other players.. "mostly players that have played a lot of mmos" in general. That is kind of dumb on itself as a statement, if u think that is gate keeping, and me trying to relay and give understanding and thought of experience from not even that long ago, while i am enjoying the way this game is, and i have moved on, but yes , ill always remember how more fun or true to RPG element mmo's were back then but i don't play EMULATORS and stay in the past like a lot of people actually do, i have much love for DCUO and its a new type of mmo, and it is surviving with the years and molding itself with the times, and there is nothing wrong with that. how games like these are looked at by most people, that played them for nearly 2 decades, i think they do understand the MMO genre in definition more maybe, cause you have to remember, this is the first MMO that has lasted over 10 years,

its on PC, and console, along with that, it lasted on now 3 generations of console, that alone is a feat in itself, but it is free to download and play , both on pc and psn as well as Xbox/switch, so your going to have alot of people that aren't paying 15 dollars a month or going into it kind of knowing what they are doing, that's just a fact, not gate keeping. a reply to my dumb thread like that with no real feedback, except im a gate keeper, for giving some insight into what a MMORPG is when it comes to "if someone should care about other players / new players" that's what my basis was, its not about being right or wrong, its a discussion, so whether you agree with me or not is irrelevant cause i spoke facts , and nothing more, also context is taken of out, in lots of written message and harder to understand some people unless you speak to then and if you and others that misunderstood my feelings on the OP, i think you would find quite the opposite of what you typed if i actually spoke to u, but i do appreciate the reply, i like to discuss this stuff,
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I know you're not referring to me in any case, but that's excellent, given we've argued about this topic for nearly 10 years now, the fact I've accepted stat clamping and changed my mind means I'm only partly a cerebral narcissist as opposed to being full on, it just took you 10 years to win the argument, but wasn't it a great 10 year road trip, what's our next topic? :D :D
    • Like x 1
  17. Hamicrux Level 30

All the Legends grinders know it's true. Name a better instance.

[IMG]
  18. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

I could farm 5 solos quicker than you could farm Trigon's prison and get more marks, so although I appreciate your attempt at humor :D you're not actually right :D
    • Like x 1
  19. Hamicrux Level 30

Okay gimme the fastest solo. This isn't about jokes anymore. It's about math. Kinda wanna test this on release.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

There's solos you could finish between 1-2 minutes (clamped from max CR) so pretty sure numerous solos will be quicker than you can finish the bosses in Trigons Prison, where you're reliant upon the 3 other people to a greater extent :)