Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Well played DGC...well played.

I sincerely hope this was an overall positive transition with raises and promotions for everyone. Also very few if any layoffs or demotions.
    I'll keep it positive and hope for the best in this.
    • Like x 1
  2. stl4now Well-Known Player

Looing forward to what the future holds. Really really enjoy this game and hope it doesn't go down a bad route.
    • Like x 2
  3. chrisjames New Player

Its really a good game for ever........
  4. chrisjames New Player

Yes Bro Your are right and thanks for saying this ....... :)
  5. Davis New Player

• Like x 1
  6. FaLeX Dedicated Player

7. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Wow they got rid of Brasse ?:eek:
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thought Brasse was just an independent fan contributor, didn't know she was actually on the payroll (and yes, do have the EQ2 Atlas they published years ago, but note that those maps are not official and most certainly not in the game)
  9. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

It was bound to happen .
    • Like x 1
  10. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Remember this is an investment firm dealing with things now. Cutting some fat, restructuring and streamlining avenues best suited for a healthy profit and wanting the most amount of revenue with the least amount cost in a set time plan, like 2 years? 3 years? 5 years? Time will tell.

I think the only serious cash infusion DCUO is going to see is the time and effort to port over to Xbox One. (maybe the 360 too who knows).

I think in a few years time CN will start selling off individual games that were formerly under the SoE umbrella. Keeping the ones actually turning a profit.
    • Like x 1
  11. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

12. Shadowwyvern Committed Player

Do you think DCUO will be turning a profit?
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I bet its one of the SoE games that is actually turning one now, yes... and will. How much? who knows.
  14. Stamen Dedicated Player

Mepps,

Sorry if this has already been asked but I was wondering about Station Cash game cards we may have purchased but not entered the codes to activate yet. They all still say SOE on them, so I assume they'll be honored.

Will we get some kind of notification if the game cards are nullified or to be replaced with Daybreak's financing system?

Thanks,

Stamen
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Probably not enough to cover the losses from the other games, including the development costs of games in progress. Reading the messages from the laid off employees, SOE was in a lot of trouble. Daybreak is the better option to SOE shutting the servers down, which was the other alternative.
    • Like x 1
  16. IThe MasterI Active Player

[IMG]

17. Tiime_Lapse Well-Known Player

^
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I believe Captain Liberty (or maybe Mepps) said earlier in the thread that they will be honoured. If you're hording them for extra cash offers (like when you get an extra 500 for using one) I don't know if there will be a date on them.
  19. lokithoz Committed Player

so this means no more livestreams :/, they lowered the mepps to community manager D: he was admin before o.o
  20. Sore Steadfast Player

I think you're jumping the gun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.