Please add new Difficulty Level: Easy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Sep 16, 2021.

1. the solowing Unwavering Player

The forum is sometimes a free comedy show in literature format.
    • Like x 1
  2. RTX Well-Known Player

The player numbers you mentioned are what i mean, thats low. Keeping thousands of players away by their overall handling with feedback, bug or general feedback or the way they changing the game. To the site, you seem to not understand. Most income is generated by the long time players, where they losing alot, if you would just check out this forum, if you wanna have it as fact you can collect them, while the grey number is higher. And seriously, everyone is seeing how empty maps became over the years thats why they have to collect even villians with heros in 1 small spot to make it look "more". Plus their playercount works with the principe of "characters" not accounts, also "logged in" not active playing. People who log in for 30 mins whatever also count. And sure they have a solid playerbase of ******* which keep paying for all the nonsense, i think they can feel lucky about that otherwise the game wouldnt be around anymore. If a game is good or not you will see at the number of created accounts and active playing. How many accounts created for DC? 4 mil? And you wanna talk about 1000 active playing? wanna calculate the percentage of people who seem to dislike alot in the game? Its a guess, maybe only 1 mil accounts, still shows that around 1000 is way to low. (remember active playing, not active member and not peak days of a month)

Btw. i remember some names here which been in testing feedback aswell, it kinda feels like you getting paid, since you seem to love way to much what they do. But anyway, im no more playing therefore it doesnt matter for me at the end, just beeing respectful in answering people where i shouldnt write with and wont do again.
    • Like x 1
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

As I noted, you are unable to provide any actual facts.

Making your opinions longer does not magically change them into "facts."

That's as factless-based as the rest of your "facts."

Sure, the game is "dying," etc., but somehow they can afford to pay random customers to write criticisms on their forums. Makes a ton of sense.

(It's an actual fact that my ratio of criticism-to-praise for the devs here is, sadly, about 50 to 1. It turns out that criticism does not mean "making childish claims and insulting the devs.")
  4. Vincent Lestrange New Player

Does the game need an easy mode no. But I would harp on how the difficulty ramps up significantly once you hit 30. What I mean is you can roll your face along during the basic stuff, play anyway you want and suffer little punishment because the game doesn't really force you to learn how to play your hero. So when you hit 30 and your gear is in shambles, by your lack of knowing how to piece it together. Or you didn't save source marks to buy upgrades like the Henchman and Orbital drop. Because you didn't know and wasted them early on getting some styles. Instead of maybe looking at getting an artifact going.

All of these things kind of go unspoken, we get a tab saying welcome to the world of real super heroes, when all this time we had training wheels. Yes I get it there are guides and I thank those who work on them explain miniscule ways to play classes as things that are certainly not taught like no clipping to improve damage output aren't spoken in game at all. Anyway this is all about a new player hitting 30 for the first time and slamming their hand down going it's to hard and too much work.

I know most won't get it but I would love the artifact mission from John to include all available normal artifacts you can get from the jump not just the few he offers. Since no real build uses them currently, they are outdated and some new player may think its important to level them. Instead of knowing as a dps you get more mileage out of strategy card over Urd. Things like that you won't know and you waste your early limited resources and don't have fun. Artifacts are almost brokenly important to end game content and by the time you are 30 and you don't know anything you have nothing ready and meander for a while at the bottom. I would have appreciated a better explanation then oh go buy more nth metal for the artifact and me going wait is this right? I have to hunt down a youtube video to understand what's available in your game?

Same with boss mechanics, yes I know glowing circles bad, and little object over head might require you to move something. But how about some attacks you may see listed from bosses. That way even if they don't see the attack they can have it in there mind. This is in other mmo's in their games usually a beastiary with a few key components listed a boss may do. Maybe in that same insert about the boss you might include a few special note feats that can be accomplished so new players may earn a feat they may not even know is there and you can click it anytime you want and look through it by solo/alert/raid/elite At least then mechanics will have been conveyed better.

These are just a few things that I think would help especially with newer players coming in and getting frustrated once they hit what is considered for most players where the game actually becomes fun. Anyway this is all my opinion.
  5. NotMeMaybe Active Player

You mean normal should be renamed easy?

Im not trolling right now i don't know how you can struggle in normal, and yet you were complaining about elite raids... No wonder if these kind of feedbacks are taken in consideration we have the endgame that we have now...
    • Like x 1
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Hot damn i would LOVE to see the names of the players before i accept a Q. I’d also like to see their time in the instance before accepting.
    Time there + who is there = informed button pressing
  7. zNot Loyal Player

My assumption came from my own experience and a few on the forums also left due to this reason. Sure i dont have the data and its proobably difficult for the devs to see why someone quit thats endgame or near endgame cr.
  8. Tros Well-Known Player

Probably you need a league that do know mechanics of the game and can teach/help you develop your inner game
  9. zNot Loyal Player

„Nobody is leaving dcuo for its difficulty“ your statement is extremly wrong.

I my self havent played dcuo due to this reason in months probably close to 4 months now ,i have seen a few on the forums that left for the same reason some that went to FF. I know people that i used to play with that i have still added on my friendlist that play other mmos and they dont return because of the difficulty this is a fact they left for this reason i know them and my own experience you cant change it. Im giving my experience with my feedback why does it bother certain forum users so much? Theres no argument against facts and you cant debunk my statement since its based of my experience and the devs can see themselves the amount of threads and forum users that have complained about the low Elite raid difficulty.

I didnt say the game is dead or dying i infact agreed to it doing well early and midgame players i was referring to the endgame players. Granted that its expected that its doing well since the game just went f2p,gotta wait and see how many will stay and how many of them are going to spend money.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

You cannot prove how many are leaving at any given time nor why they are leaving, you and any immediate people within your sphere doesn't equal many.

It doesn't bother me that you attribute some feedback or people leaving to that reason, the issue is when you try to extrapolate that reason out to an assumption it applies to all cases and try to represent the reason as also a larger issue than it is.

The reality is a few people 'saying' they're leaving for that reason within your very limited in game sphere and/or on the forums doesn't extend to mean "lots of people are leaving because content is too easy"

You want to believe this because it suits your agenda that content is overall too easy and needs to be buffed, but it doesn't actually represent reality.

The real truth is people come and go from this game quite frequently for a raft of reasons and it's usually not for one singular reason by itself. I also highly doubt people genuinely quit because content is too easy, they're actually more likely or certainly in equal proportions likely to quit because content is too 'hard.

This game goes through intense highs and lows when content is fresh, at the moment there's not even a 'real DLC' available and people that want to do it have already thrashed it and left. Given it's now also been some time since the launch of Flashpoint the last true DLC it's not suprising at all to see the same level of disinterest present that would be present during the end period of any DLC's life cycle.

I know you don't want to accept that, but it's actually true and this is why people, including myself will tell you time and time again that a balance must be struck between making content a challenging but also not so ridiculously hard it only appeals to a small minority of the games population, not matter how much people might scream, "but elite is only for elite people".
    • Like x 1
  11. zNot Loyal Player

We will just have to see how the next episode will play out i think the feedback then will be more clear there.

This episode 41 isnt a episode with new raids (so i also didnt expect the old scaled raids to be any big challenge) and the previous episode had issues with the difficulty on Elite aswell being too low,people complained back then and charon also said they learned alot from the choose your own difficulty so in general i think many people are just waiting on that next episode.