Oolong Siege Robot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kingservant1, Nov 6, 2017.

1. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

This is exactly my point.
    So much for waiting to get stronger and come back to fight... Especially when the enemy is now even stronger than you have ever been and probably will be in a long time.

And even if we compare Morrowbot to Siege bot, the Siege bot is at least 200-400% stronger (hp and causing damage) than the Morrowbot. The Morrowbot can get a few licks in, but the Siege bot will actually kill you. Even if you are above 200 CR.

The other thing you said, there is no one left to actually write about these things. And apparently no one is bothering to read them either... so you are probably right about nothing being done about it.

That is sad though.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

For years, I've been skipping bounties, but now I want to do this one. What none of the online guides are telling me is simply this: How do get and activate this bounty so I can do it? :confused:
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I was just gonna say: come back & do it later, when you're over 200. I'm currently doing them now on a 260-ish toon. easy peasy. still takes a minute, but no hassle, at all. same with the CC bounties, same with the regular Gotham - Metro bounties. just wait until you're waaaay over-CR for them, & then do them. trying to get them done at level is a complete waste of time, these days.
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

go to Stryker's, you pick up the Wanted Poster there. the poster for the MBot's at Ace Chemicals.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

If you're a Hero go to Stryker Island and get the bounty there from a Wanted poster and Steel will fill you in, you'll find him in Steelworks in Metropolis. If you want the Gotham Tomorrow Robot go to Ace Chemicals to get Wanted poster and you'll find the Robot somewhere on Arkham Island. I've got no clue how or where to get the bounty for Villains though.
    • Like x 3
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I went back to do this bounty for he feat when I was around CR 273 350sp 160 artifacts. Whereas he didn't really pose a threat to me, I remember thinking he had in inordinate amount of health and took a solid minute+ to kill.
    • Like x 2
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you pick up the villain one at the Arkham docks, & the bounty ( Ace Chemical Experiment ) is around Ace Chemicals. the other one you get from Steelworks, & it's for the Critical Defender, which is lurking around Stryker's.
    • Like x 2
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, I've been running this Bounty for weeks when I have time and feel like being bothered. Sometimes multiple times a day WHEN the game will let me use Replays to reset it and do it again, which it hasn't allowed me to do this week, for some reason. I've fought him enough times that I got a feat for fighting him XX amount of times, and the electronic bastard STILL won't drop the BOOTS from the Steelworker Style Set! I've gotten just about every piece of the set BUT the boots, which was the one I was after to begin with! :mad:

So, 2 questions:
    1. What is the absolute fastest, most surefire way to take him down as a Gadgets character that CR Skipped to Level 255? 'Cuz NONE of my Controller powers to stun/freeze/whatever have any effect on him and I'm getting REALLY tired of how long he takes to go down against a character that's so many CR Levels above him! :confused:
    2A. Just how flippin' rare ARE those stupid boots, anyway?
    2B. And why isn't that Style Set in a Rare Style Vendor yet?!?!? :confused:
  9. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

that was the general rule I followed too...a good player at double cr should be able to solo bounties...if you are 80 cr you should be able to beat Bizarro or Full House...especially if some random group of people begin to swarm so they can get the bounty too and help you...that's the biggest problem with all the old maps now...you enter at cr there is an 8 man bounty...guess what??...the map is empty...end game and events are all that matter...are you at barely cr going to solo that 8 man bounty ...prob not...update or no...
  10. Berza Committed Player

I may be wrong but I think Steelworker style is a drop in another Episode. You know like Hive Defender. I don't know what episode but I will try to run a few alerts to see if I can find out. In a few hours because I am not at home.
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Nope, here's how the stuff drops:

Steelworker

Villain - Steelworks solo instance after finishing daily outside mission 5x
    Hero - Oolong Siege Robot Bounty (Metro; Quest Bounty Board on Stryker's Island -> Bot is roaming around Steelworks in Metro)

Department of Corrections

Villain - Stryker's Island Defender Bounty (Metro; Quest Bounty Board at Steelworks -> Bot is roaming around behind Stryker's Prison)
    Hero - Stryker's Island solo instance after finishing daily outside missions 5x

Escaped Inmate

Villain: Arkham Asylum solo instance after finishing daily outside mission 5x
    Hero: Second-Generation Morrowbot Bounty (Gotham; Quest Bounty Board in front of Ace Chemicals -> Bot roams around Arkham Asylum in Gotham)

Biohazard

Villain - ACE Chemicals Experiment Bounty (Gotham; Quest Bounty Board at Arkham City camp -> Experiment(s) roam around ACE Chemicals in Gotham)
    Hero - ACE Chemicals solo instance after finishing daily outside mission 5x
    • Like x 2
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

1. Check out YT for Gadgets dps guides, your crowd control effects never work on bosses. Esp. with gadgets it shouldn't take long if you have a decent rotation.
    2a. Just checked and found them pretty often. They do need some time to respawn if someone just knocked them out.
    2b. because at least for the instanced loot (5x daily) it is a guaranteed drop when finishing the instance. You have a quest there where you can select which gear piece you want. So do it 8x and you will 100% have the full style - unless you misclick - that is on your end then. Not sure about the Bounties. When I finished the styles, the gear piece was pure RNG. Dunno if that has changed.
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Be careful when opening the box you get from beating him. Back in the day, I was surprised that it dropped an alternate Shielded Robot hand style. I almost rushed and deleted it. :D
    • Like x 1
  14. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

nice catch
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

1. Link?

2b. Yeah, the Oolong Siege Robot's Loot Boxes just give you a random piece of armor with the Steelworker Style applied to it, there's no loot picker.
    • Like x 1
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

still pretty up to date and should be enough to give the Siege Bot a good whackin' ^^

For the second part, yeah that sucks. Old RNG should eventually hit the rare style vendor imo. But it hasn't been updated for some years now, I think.
    • Like x 1
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, looking at your specs and loadouts, I noticed you prefer super speed, but my Gadgets characters all use either Acrobatics, or Flight/Skimming. Against the Siegebot, I'm using characters that fly. So I'm wondering how to optimize it for flight with Hand Blasters as the weapon? :confused:
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

I can't help you with details on how you would alter your playstyle with weapons. As you saw in OC's video, the two main playstyles are "powers only" or precision with a certain weapon (Dual Wield or Two Handed, since they are without competition the best weapons for that playstyle). Since I myself am playing competitively all the time, I know about the meta, but Handblasters are not that.

As for the movement mode, yeah this is also meta. Not only can you maneuver strickly better in combat and raids where you are usually grounded, but some abilities in the movement trees are stronger compared to others.
    Sure, you can substitute them, no problem. Acrobatics is also cool by the way. With that you usually replace something like Whirling Dervish (Super Speed) with Sonic Cry (Iconic) or Tornado Pull (speed) with Grapple Line attack or Zip Tie Attack (acro).
    There are no comparable powers in flight/skimming damage wise.