Oolong Siege Robot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kingservant1, Nov 6, 2017.

1. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

Why does the Oolong Siege Robot hit so hard and take so long to destroy?

Has anyone else noticed this?
    • Like x 1
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

GU73 happened.

It nerfed our characters so that group Bounties (or group missions) are tougher or impossible to do solo now.

You can still solo some of the Bounties.... but you need to be higher CR then you used to..... and even then it can take a bit longer. :(

I pity the players who need to do the Bounties at level now. :(

• Like x 4
  3. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

I have more than pity for them... This is ridiculous.

They would probably need 2 full groups to complete the bounty.
    • Like x 1
  4. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

So why is the morrowbot on arkham much easier than the siege robot?
  5. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Robot was always a pain probably not as bad as he is now.
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Is it??

Thought they were pretty similar.

• Like x 1
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I have always been a serious bounty hunter.. So I'll chime in here... The Morrow bot was always the easier of those two. NO idea why but The Siege bot was the royal pain in the butt even before GU73.

Now sadly just like Magneto said these days ... you need a good deal more CR before you try to solo

Pre Gu73..

I could solo the Cr 46 Safe house bounties at about CR 70 or so with no issue. (Solomon Grundy as example)

I could solo the CR 72 CC bounties solo at around CR 90 or 92 depending on the power set (Captain Cold as example

Siege and Morrow bot became soloable at about Cr 120 and they were CR 86.

NOW: It was still very difficult to solo Captain Boomerang (CC Bounty) at Cr 130 So you have almost double the combat rating and can still wind up on one knee battling them these days.

Strange fact the closer your CR is to the bounty you attack the easier it gets (to a point anyway) I was able to go to the Wasteland and take out Raven solo even before it got to a point where i was able to take down a CC bounty solo again.

The whole thing is just strange as far as I am concerned. Hey I have 8 alts that got every feat for defeating 500 Rogues from that wanted poster in Central City. And I am talking spend 56 days locating and defeating 9 a day NOT get it on one alt ad buy the feats with replay badges on the rest. I ENJOYED bounty hunting. Now? My Water Alt is now at CR 207 and has those same feats.. I stopped putting myself through the ordeal of actually battling them and just BOUGHT the feats ... first time EVER on any alt that has those. :(
    • Like x 1
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

They have the exact same CR Magneto but the Siege bot has more knock down and stun attacks so he takes longer because you are either crouching more to avoid the knock back or picking yourself back up more often. I never ran the numbers but it did also seem like the Siege bot had a couple attacks that did more damage.

Same is true of the CC bounties .. they are all the same CR but in my opinion the wimpiest of that crew is Captain Cold. Not sure who I'd pick as the toughest.
  9. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

What is so ridiculous about it is that even above 200cr and above 200 sp you had better make sure you take sodas and consumables and prepare for at least a 5-10 minute fight.
    • Like x 1
  10. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Once I hit CR 100 I was able to solo T1 walk in raids and the higher I got, the easier they got and then I was able to do the T2, T3, and eventually T4 raids solo. Now, at 209CR, I can't solo Sub-Construct. Just an unbroken aspect of this game the devs felt needed to be fixed.
  11. Davenport Committed Player

Yeah, I tried to do it earlier just for the hell of it since I was on Stryker's Island doing the regular missions (need a feat I missed). Ended up being too much of a hassle, and odds were good I'd die, so I flew off despite being level 204, lol.
  12. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

This ...a million times this^^
    • Like x 1
  13. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

im 100...im just starting to care about astral alloy set...i would have completed that set easily...and helped others get theirs...pre update...long before 100
  14. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

There is another aspect of this that does not seem to make sense.

If I go into a gotham zoo raid and drop an orbital strike I hit multiple targets for over 8k each.
    If I use that same toon and attack the Siege Robot that same orbital strike only hits for about 1400.

Any thoughts on the reason why it doesn't hit as hard?
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Orbitals hit for a percentage of the target’s hp.
    • Like x 2
  16. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

wait, so the hp of the Oolong Siege Robot is that high?
    but why?
  17. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

Wouldn't that mean that the hp is higher than the US in elite and the Joker Bat and Talia?
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I solo'd sub the other day almost effortlessly at 207... Only thing that was annoying were the perma stuns. Other then that it was a cakewalk
    • Like x 1
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The percentage differs according to the type of npc. At one end of the scale, adds in a solo will lose something like 50% of their health, whereas at the complete opposite end a raid boss only loses something like 1%. Every other type of npc is somewhere between these two extremes. this percentage is of their maximum health, so you’ll see smaller numbers when using it in lower level content but the net effect is the same.
  20. details26 Committed Player

This is what I don't get. At the beginning we were weak, lower CR so it makes sense that most bosses and enemies will be stronger. But even now, you can be literally 40-80 CR points above the enemies and still be struggling. It literally throws progression out the window. Before this update you could handle and be able to solo most enemies below your CR depending on who they are. But now it really says something if the adds in a T3 alert can eat through your health in seconds in T5 gear (Arkham/Strykers alert).

The thing is this very thing happened before a loooong time ago in an old update and everyone hated it. There were nearly threads everyday about it, back when the forums were more active. They eventually reverted it and everything turned to normal. Now after coming back to the game, its back. But the sad part is theres not enough people on the forums or in game to care, and so it will just be known as "the norm" now. Just sad honestly.

I really really do enjoy this game, first ever mmo I've played. But again and again the devs shoot themselves in the foot with these types of updates and makes it harder for seasoned players or people coming back to be able to just enjoy the older content.