Omnibus is great!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Of course it doesn't bother you, you have 0% achiever score. :rolleyes:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/the-bartle-test-of-gamer-psychology.320250/

But in all seriousness. I don't know if it ever bothered you (or if it ever will) having missing progress because you are unable to do something for some reason or another, this is not about having a missing Playstation trophy in a game. Feats being tied to our characters progress is imo one of the worst things in the game.
    • Like x 1
  2. the solowing Unwavering Player

If people didnt try and cherry pick what they wanted to see they would know.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry... I forgot the *sarcasm* tag. I was speaking as Solowing who's on record as saying it was not 'earning' them unclamped. But he's also pushing the fact that LOTS of people are asking for an unclamped instance where you get source and scaling gear, so kind of out of touch on all counts...no one is asking for that. Kind of like the fallacy that people were 'one-shotting' all the bosses in all unclamped content that gets repeated so often. Funny, I never remember 1 shotting Ivy in MoM or Rath in Atlantis Throne...guess I wasn't just OP enough. Shucks.

Besides those feats you speak of where burn control is key (and you are right), or where co-ordination made all the difference, corralling the cats to open the doors for the wardens in Necro, or pull the right artis in Artifacts from the past, hit the right boss with the gun in Lockdown, NOT get bit by the dog in HoH....and any other number of feats were just as hard before as they are now (maybe harder if you had one rouge burner you couldn't control). So yes...they were 'earned' before too.

As I have always said, the true enemy of feats is randoms....and the clamp did nothing to fix that, in fact it made it worse. Omni doubles down on it. The greatest feat to pull off sometimes was the ability to build and co-ordinate a group to work on something....the 'burn' was incidental. THAT is the only feat that has gotten HARDER post clamp....and it's a 0 star 0 title feat.
    • Like x 2
  4. the solowing Unwavering Player

The difference between your approach and my approach, is you want a game to tell you what to achieve.

I achieve what i want, and i don't need a game to tell me what i should go after.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I didn't say anything about someone who joins late....but the guy who waited till the fight started then left? Yeah...I got a problem with that guy. Personally if I queue in and am locked outside the LB door, sure....'great' run as far as I'm concerned. I'll take my box and say thank you.
    • Like x 2
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Exactly correct. It's very odd seeing people try to control others, control how they play, set up narrow, no-win situations to create an illusion of "choice," speak as if they're somehow members of the dev team, and overall veer toward a strange, mean-spirited punitive approach to a videogame where the end goal seems to be fewer rewards and more punishments. It feels like some folks miss the spirit of the game entirely with their need to control others. It's a real shame.
    • Like x 3
  7. Star King Active Player

I find it great for getting marks everyweek, but not so much when you are trying to get a specific alert or raid done, mostly raids though.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Man, they can't even get the free account 5 shout message to account for login/logouts. So we have gold sellers who can spam chat all day although the system is set up to NOT allow it. You think all these variables will get accounted for?

If you don't see this as convoluted....well I guess we just disagree. Good luck Ahab, you'll catch that white whale someday.
    • Like x 1
  9. Grim931 Committed Player

How is it cherry picking? We're asking for it to be EXACTLY the way it was pre-clamp. Just because you think that the only part of the game deserving of any and all rewards is the clamped version, it doesn't make it right.

That was an option before, plain and simple. Nobody really had an issue with it. Over gear to get feats that some missed out on due to whatever reason. Some could have missed it because of no fault of their own. Maybe another player kept messing it up. The ability to get them by gearing up, and not rely on a fully functioning team of 8 people playing together like a well oiled machine, should still be an option. Especially for those who are unfortunate enough to only have random Omni ques as a way to get them. I'm assuming most people aren't going to want to attempt them with the clamp in place. New players likely won't even know about them, and people that are clamped down will likely want to get through things as fast as possible and not attempt them. So almost everyone who missed out is just SOL now, right?
    • Like x 6
  10. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I find the discussion about stat clamp or not stat clamp very interesting, but it is not the main topic. Omnibus was created to help players find other players.

There is a stat clamp in the open world (episodes) too, so the discussion is much broader. It is not part of this topic.
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Lol yeah same but I do question players in my mind when I see that happening from the other side. Mostly because another player stops dpsing and is more concerned with another player who is “leeching”. At that point I should just kick the player complaining because unlike the one who can’t enter, the dps complaining isn’t contributing because he or she is too busy whining about that one player. When I had the opportunity to be locked from entering I just feel bad because it kinda sounds like I’m being a hypocrite but I laugh it off saying “damn this was the easiest source marks I ever gotten” lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

And this is the problem with DCUO as well. I don't know how it is for you in Final Fantasy, but do you have progression locked behind doing something optional or an additional challenge in a fight (self-imposed or not)?
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Unwavering Player

In WoW

Character progression: No

Title/style/mount: Yes

In XIV: No, they have separate harder difficulties altogether for the better gear, but nothing to bump up the difficulty mid fight to better the rewards.
    • Like x 1
  14. the solowing Unwavering Player

Click on the quote.

If you want to go get a feat, go to LFG gather a group and go achieve the feat.
    • Like x 2
  15. the solowing Unwavering Player

You're acting like these guys couldn't develop their way out a cardboard box xD. If they can implement a loot-lockout system, im sure they could get it to work with a bit of creativity.

If a loot-lockout can persist till reset day, even through a logout, how couldn't they get a 15 minute loot lockout to work when they just need to implement some code to trip the lockout?

A modified loot-lockout isn't impossible when they've done it for the last 10 years.

Theyve had a 7 day lockout.

A 3 day lockout.

A 24 hour lockout.

It can be done.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you queue in late and are locked out...you are not a 'leech' in my opinion (just lucky) and I'd keep going. If you are in at start and either never come to the fight (again, a raid like FOS3, it's obvious as it's 'boss' right away), or come in and just die immediately, not getting up if rezed...you are a leech and at 5 or 6 min, I will allow myself to go down just to get out of combat and vote to kick you. Honestly if we are on the last boss fight and someone leaves, I'll vote 'no' on reopening as that new guy won't get in anyway. If we are 7 manning anyway, let that guy find another run next time. But if it opens, I'm not wiping just to make him 'work' for it.

If you are staying...fight...if you are leaving, leave...if you queue as role, do the role (as bad as you might be at it). If someone is shouting instructions, TRY and do what they are saying....they just might have done the run before. I have WAY less of an issue with someone who walks out immediately than someone who stays and fakes it doing whatever minimum is required to get credit (currently 0).
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Awesome...I guess that 'shout' lockout on F2P will kick in anytime now then. Cause THAT should be easier and as of now it doesn't work.

Not saying that they CAN'T do it...just saying it's obviously not enough of a priority to figure out. Just like some convoluted 'punishment' system for Omnis.

How about we let them work on bugs, enhancements, new content, power balancing, stopping speed hacks/cheats...things everyone can benefit from....before we worry about inventing new 'punishment' for a system that many didn't want in the first place, just because it gives you the bad feels to see pop-decline-pop-decline a few times?
    • Like x 4
  18. the solowing Unwavering Player

Well because if i decide to be a total tool ingame, their is nothing stopping me whatsoever in acting in such a manner. And im saying rein the behavior in, and you're arguing to allow toxic behavior with nothing to deter it, because it inconveniences the people who is doing the toxic behavior.

You would not be able to name me a single thing this game does to deter bad behavior outside of a insignificant 1 minute penalty.
    • Like x 1
  19. Grim931 Committed Player

And yet again, this isn't something that only you gets to decide. The list of options or variables or rewards for this system is not solely up to you and you alone. Unless you have some kind of documented proof that the Devs somehow gave you this authority.

That's how you feel it should be, which is fine. But, that's not how it was and I don't see a whole lot of people agreeing with you over how you think it should be... people are voicing their opinion, and for some reason you think you have the power to dictate whether they're right or wrong about it? That's not how that works. Disagree with someone like an adult, don't force your parameters on someone else over something you have little to no control over. Things can change, and they often do when enough people voice their opinion over it. This is still a new system, so it's anyone's guess as to what it will eventually become. Obviously, quite a few people are a little upset at being forced into this playstyle. It fits yours, awesome, it doesn't fit into mine or a few other people's. We don't like this, and we're expressing why along with what we would like to see done about it to fix it.

The consensus for this side seems to be an unclamped version that is exactly the way it was before the clamp was introduced. You literally have no control over what people on this side of the argument come up with or agree upon. There's no limitation that can be placed on it by you, and literally no one is going to accept you trying to do so.
    • Like x 5
  20. the solowing Unwavering Player

Everyone benefits from a quality of life change that stops players from creating grief for one another, trying to shift it to say "but the bugs" is a allowing a problem to fester to shift the issue to something else so they don't approach it.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2