Mister Mxyzptlk's Member Gift!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 16, 2017.

1. roxy spaulding Active Player

any word on the hotfix for the gift?

I would like my main to have the lair posters and my alt league to get the league size ones.

Am I able to get it on my main and just wait to shared bank it to the alts? or vice versa.
    • Like x 2
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Personally learnt (the hard way) with the Flush Crate when they gave away the Flush's Speedster's Cowl: the notice at the time also said "Everyone" when they meant "Everyaccount"
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

Only one person is supposed to own an account. Each account got one. Everyone DID get one. I know sometimes English isn't the most precise language, but this wasn't very hard to parse out.
    • Like x 3
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

They also said everyone gets the Cowl, when they meant every character, even future ones
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

They both acted as a grant as if from the marketplace. If you buy the cowl from the marketplace, you'll have it on all of your toons in perpetuity. If you bought a Flash base item pack, you get to redeem one total. This is how they previous item packs and style grants have worked. Quit acting like this is something really hard to grasp.

The EXACT wording in the announcement is:

An HOUR AND A HALF LATER...Mepps said:

This really couldn't be clearer. There are plenty of things to be angry about with things happening in the game, but the messaging on this one is about as clear as possible.
    • Like x 2
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Had never claimed a Base Pack before, in fact, had never claimed anything before
    Didn't even log into the Forums at that time, had asked in game and only got a reply to the Cowl
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

You probably shouldn't expect to get accurate answers from random players in game. There are a lot of resources for you (facebook, twitter, forums, discord) to use to get accurate answers to your questions.
    • Like x 1
  8. Swiftduck Loyal Player

can you blame anyone for making the mistake? For the past 6 years, anytime they gave us a gift like this, it was redeamable on every single one of our current toons. Not just "once per account"
    • Like x 1
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

So far as I can recall, they haven't ever given us a base item pack before. But buying an item pack grants you one, so it follows logically. They've given us few one-off base grants in mail, but not something that's on the marketplace. If there were any questions, they should have checked the forums and asked for clarification. I feel no sympathy for someone that doesn't take a small effort.
    • Like x 1
  10. Krossssss Well-Known Player

Would be cool to have posters of our characters that we could place in our bases or share and trade for posters of our friends characters as well:cool: Just a thought;)
    Can`t wait for hotfix speaking of posters:p
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Not a pack no, but they did give us the un-graffiti'ed posters, so logically they would have given the graffiti'ed versions to every character as well

Don't recall seeking sympathy
  12. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

But they gifted those items via a mission in our journal. Totally different redeem way this this.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have more of these posters, but I know how redeeming base items from the MP works. :/
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Again, this was a first for me, don't even have a lair yet
  14. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Oh man! Get on that. Lairs are great. But I love decorating, I spend probably too much time doing it.
    • Like x 2
  15. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I probably missed it but could you post when the fix for the membership posters will happen?
  16. ExobyteEmperor New Player

Love the gift personally , just what I expect from Mxyzptlk
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We expect to have a hotfix this week, which will include making the posters account bound.
    • Like x 5
  18. Autopsyrotica Well-Known Player

doh! I claimed them already on an alt and donated to league , I was unaware that there would be a "fix"until just now reading through this thread... par for the course I guess...
  19. RokN New Player

I have an Active Membership on the XB1, why aren't they showing in the Claim Window?
    BTW - Long time no see Mepps....
  20. Voddy New Player

Love the posters..