Mepps, Is the event still broken?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Veritech, Jun 30, 2015.

1. mightybugthe1st New Player

I've run it numerous times since the fix and I've personally seen a huge improvement since the update, but I'm not running toons lower than 30. It's still tough with inexperienced players, but at least now when I run it I can actually see that those players are the problem, and correct it by talking about what needs to change (whereas before it was just 'BOOM! YOU'RE DEAD SUCKER! WHAT THE....!??). I'm not getting stunned for as long of a duration it seems, and I'm able to now block through both bosses without them basically one shotting me. I'd say the patch was effective for over CR30, but I trust the general feedback from people saying players below that are still seeing issues, which I've heard from several players in game.
    • Like x 1
  2. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

All I'm saying is as a 4+ year player...hate too be a newb!

That's all I got...

IA ARMY
  3. Sbel Devoted Player

It's typical of this forum though. Mepps specifically asked for people who are struggling to come forward, but as soon as someone does they're immediately attacked for it. And that's why we can never have an honest discussion about difficulty, and why so many bugs go undiscovered, because these ...people... can't stop attacking for even 5 minutes.
    • Like x 2
  4. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I logged in to grab the firefly aura, then opted to queue the instance to see what new stuff from the vendor id be missing out on. To be nice, which is not usual for me whe critisizing the games design, the instance pushes way too hard to require a tank for aggro control. Several adds are in play that will follow and wreck a player breaking off to catch a node before its too late, and can kill you before the cog has turned half way.

This is well off the mark, especially for new players. Seasonals are to be accessible; thats a goal for nearly any MMO, save for those that add additional events scale higher in difficulty but offer better, or simply more rewards. If youd have gone a different route and made mandatory role balancing via queue, but for whatever reason you didnt. Could have helped tremendously with content expectations and proves, every day, to work beautifully in a rival MMO.

Ill be revisiting the game in several months and am sincerely hoping to return to something more refined and in tune with what the community needs to see happen with the game.
    • Like x 1
  5. Veritech Loyal Player

That's the problem with a dps focused game. People don't know when to stop doing damage ;)

I honestly could not see what the problem was until I created a new toon just to test this. I urge anyone else to test it for themselves, including devs and the self proclaimed "E&C". Takes 30min to level up to 10.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sbel Devoted Player

I don't care if it is broken. I don't care if it's too hard or too easy. I'm just getting really sick of certain forumites who fly into a frothing barely coherent rage at the suggestion that something might be a little too hard.

Normal People: This seasonal seems to hit kind of hard, it might be broken.
    Frothing Forumites: It's FINE!!!! YOU ALL SUCK!!! YOU SUCKY LOSERS!!!!!!
    Mepps: Yeah, it actually is bugged, we'll fix that.
    FF: NO, it's FINE!!! Don't NERF it!!!!!! YOU ALL SUCK!!!!!!!

A Few People: We're still having problems :(
    FF: YOU ALL SUCK!!!!!! Quit whining, your whining already got it nerfed once!!!!! YOU SUCK!!!!!!
    Mepps: We think it's fine, but we'd love to hear more details from the people having trouble.
    AFP: *provide details*
    FF: YOU ALL SUCK!!! You're the reason the game is dieing!!!!!!
    • Like x 8
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I laughed a little :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

This^, that's the only time I have a problem with the event. I've been playing it with my wife who is a very inexperienced player but she does like she should and goes in and parks at one of the three stations and keeps turning those cranks.As long as we can get one other person that will do the same while I tank the middle we are in and out.You can do it with three people easily if at least two keep their station manned. We've finished it with three several times now.
    It can be pretty frustrating when you have one guy(or both) that just tries to burn and the other guy feels he has to run around the room trying to activate everything instead of just parking in one place.
    I'll try to give polite instruction and if no one listens we just bail and try again a after doing something else. We've only had to just leave twice so far tho.

It cracks me up when my wife says "what's this doofus doing? get out of here I'm doing my job on this one" LOL

edit- just wanted to add that I can see why some say the adds hit too hard, this isn't much of a problem on my runs because I tank it and keep them on me.
    • Like x 1
  9. Young Savage510 Level 30

Its nowhere near hard. The crybabies need to get roles and know what they're doing.
  10. Veritech Loyal Player

Oh look we were just talking about people like you.
    It's easy for high cr being clamped down. Go in with a full group of level 10s no matter what role, and tell us how op you are then.
    • Like x 3
  11. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Point is, its designed with a very clear need for aggro control. New players are unable to maximize burn on the adds to keep them from piling up. Without a tank, any healers are going to need a controller for power as the demands for combat diminish the benefit of healing barrels. (Very easy to get intercepted now en route to one, and they arent spawning fast enough).

4 dps with roleless buffs are going to have a bad day as the buffs cannot compensate for the output from adds, including turrets.
    • Like x 1
  12. Greenchain Well-Known Player

125 HL in DPS 163 sp. Had some easy runs and megawipes.Been trounced by as few as 3 adds. My stuns and knock backs seem to have little to no effect. Block counter also ineffective except for the explosive block feet mod. Conversely Ocean Master's staff stun combo can hard stun me making me wish I had my pvp breakout trinket. Can anyone enlighten me as to the cr of the adds?? What grade add are the Year? Perhaps if their cr was lowered a couple points or downgraded a level, executing the mechanic would be more feasible across the board. My strategy has been to keep my cog and turret active and get another turret when possible. If you let the adds and a turret beat on you, forget about it.
    • Like x 1
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Ah, I see where the problem lies now. You're under the impression that I think the mechanics are too hard. No, I think lower levels are getting hit harder than they should be and are not able to put out damage like they should be able to. They are not properly being scaled up to combat rating 34 to make it the same level of difficulty as it is for those of us who are 34+.

Lower levels may be slightly at a disadvantage due to lack of power points, skill points, etc., but they should still be able to mitigate damage and do damage (albeit a bit less damage out) similar to their 34 counterparts.
  14. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Since some people got their Jimmies indirectly rustled, i'm just saying it plainly:
    I ever said the even was easy, Yes, the even is hard, yes, low levels struggle, I've helped some through and I've seen it, I've also gone there with a low level group and yes it is a pain, at low levels you can expect a couple of wipes before getting it right. BUT ITS DOABLE

Just yesterday i had 2 people (level 10 and level 19) invite me because they had higher CRs just running headfirst and getting killed, i went in with the first group and you had two 110s dying before the level 10 (I'll confess in one of the tries i was the dead guy), so i'm admiting it again, hard, but not impossible.

But REALLY if you go there in a full 100+ group and still manage to fail...it begs the question, what have you been doing through 100 CRs?? Why others can do it and you cant? There's a fine line betwee broken content and being outright incompetent. You may not like to hear it, but it's true, if you can't do content that lower levels can and people at your level can, the problem might just be in the mirror.

Sorry if you feel aluded or think i'm being rude, but as long as we keep crying wolf on everything that causes a slight bother, it's hard to pinpoint real problems and we will keep getting more pre-packaged stuff (i.e. max damage mod, 1-2-3-4 loadouts, WM)
    • Like x 1
  15. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Lower levels must level the way our ancestors did...uphill and on the snow ):-l
    JK, i do agree that LOWER levels have it bad in there, doable but hard, so yeah, first time players can fid a nightmare and somethig should be done about that, but being completely honest, I've seen way more complaints from people with sometimes years under their belt.

I agree with your comment though, lower level could use a push.
    • Like x 1
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

So is there any part of this event that hasn't had issues? Last night my league mate and I logged on a number of our alts to run the OUTSIDE mission and grab some quick and EASY? sand dollars. Now for a day or two there is still one ship out there that the spawn rate for boarders just isn't working right. Not a huge issue we just skip over it and work the Generator ship beside it.

So we had 2 alts each done and were working on #3 and suddenly nothing you did would allow the force field protecting the generator to drop so you could click on it and destroy it. After it happened on one ship we moved to another and then another. Everey single ship between the one Aquaman's and the abandoned ship yard was malfunctioning and wouldn't let anyone complete their assigned task.

We fly in the opposite direction and the ships between Aquaman's and the CAO Dam were fine. In all we each logged on 6 alts and ran the mission and checked back several times but those ships we'd had problems with were still malfunctioning when we finished up and moved on to other mission.

So apparently we still have some issues with the event alert that make it nasty for anyone below Cr 34 to attempt the thing and survive. And now we are having troubles with the outdoor mission AGAIN? Did anyone actually do this event on test before it went live? Because it seems to be just full of glitches and the best part is .. it's not even something new. Its the same summer event we have seen the past few years.. NOT that I am saying this is the cause but the only difference is stat clamping. Obviously something has caused both the outside and inside missions to glitch.. MAYBE we need to actually TEST them before they go live?

What makes this even more intolerable is the furniture they offer this year is great (okay not everything but a lot of it). The bar stools are a perfect match for the Pub pieces we have gotten from St Patrick's Day event the past 2 years. The Tiki wall dividers look awesome and, as my buddy pointed out the other day, may be one of the few room dividers that go from floor to ceiling. The Vines Boulder is a nice addition to the spring event stuff and some of the plants we have dropping in the New Genesis content. The Tiki statue and laughing wall hanging look very cool and the BIG HIT for the year has to be that soda cooler.. which looks amazing behind my bar. IN SHORT THERE IS ACTUALLY STUFF BEING OFFERED PLAYERS WILL LIKE AND WANT... and so far we have an event that drives you insane one way or the other and has probably turned off a number of players all ready. I know last night before I FINALLY found some ships that worked right I was ready to tell my buddy Screw this lets go run duos in NG. Can we please get this thing working right so the player base can actually ENJOY it?
    • Like x 1
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The bugs you mention on the ships have been around since before stat clamping. I recall similar issues when I first ran this event back in 2013. It has nothing to do with people not testing on the test server, either. Most of those bugs probably occur due to the missions being up for 23--24 hours and having multiple players doing those missions during that time. There's no way to simulate on a test server the same server load as we see on live.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hm, that may be new. Is that happening all of the time?
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yes. Anyone under 34 shows their true combat rating from 30-33 and their true level from 10-30.
  20. TheDrone Well-Known Player

It really feels like there's something strange going on with this event.

I did it with a 34 healer, a 34 dps, a 34 troll, and a 34 tank. We wiped 4 times before everybody left. I was the dps and couldn't survive 5 seconds of Ocean Master's attacks while blocking. It went very, very badly.

Then I went in with two 34 dps and two 30 dps. Nobody died. It appeared to me that one of the 30 dps was just standing (not blocking) in front of Ocean Master the whole time and not dying. Though, when I got hit (by anything) it was doing 20%-40% of my life per hit. Ocean Master leaped at me once, and I went from full health to a tiny sliver remaining. If he hadn't simply walked off for no reason that I could see, I would have been very dead, blocking or not.
    • Like x 2