Mepps, Is the event still broken?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Veritech, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Veritech Loyal Player

There are still numerous complaints post-fix that the outpost event is too hard.

I have run it in toons of all levels without issue, yet many forum dwellers insist it's broken and unable to be completed. I've even seen videos of T6/T7 players that can't do it.

So Mepps, from the official authority himself, is it broken? Or are the players at fault?
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

I notice a big difference between running it with leveled toons and ones that are below level 30
  3. Veritech Loyal Player

That doesn't explain the full groups of endgame players that can't complete it though. Also been in all dps pugs with three level 10s and no one died.
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Idk just stating my experience. Have 3 toons over 30 that I complete it with np. Have 2 under 30 that I hardly ever finish it with
  5. Van_Gho Committed Player

the only problem I have had is being completly bombarded while trying to secure the yellow cannons.....actually its somewhat similar to out on the ships .....
  6. Sbel Devoted Player

I don't know. I've played it 4 times since it was "fixed." Once was extremely fast and easy, I hardly got hit. 3 times were slow and painful, had a couple of wipes each time, and accidentally got the "Full Net" feat each time because the only strategy that seemed to work was focusing on the adds until they stopped spawning (otherwise the adds wiped the group), and then taking down Ocean Master.

Is it still broken? Is it only sometimes broken? Were those 3 groups just extremely sucky? I don't know. All I know is, those 4 times were more than enough. This is the first statclamped instance that I'm refusing to play.
    • Like x 2
  7. Nodens Dedicated Player

I've had no difficulty with my upper-CR toons (aside from the times Oceanmaster would bug out and leave), but bringing in my level 19 and grouping with a 15 and two 11s had a totally different result. Every attempt we made resulted in a TPK literally within seconds of the fight start.
  8. Veritech Loyal Player

I'm starting to wonder this myself. I've been in groups where the bosses first attack would drain your entire health bar, leaving you a few seconds to pop a soder then the instance ran like a level 5 mission. Other runs where the boss attacks for the entire run were like a tickle with a feather.

I just don't know.

I do pug this several times a day on USPC both villains and heroes. I hope to run into anyone that's struggling so I can help them have a quick run.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The balance adjustments are all in place. There's still a bug impacting blocking and stat clamping, but the changes here take that into account. This one's a bit tougher than other seasonals in that you have to work together to complete the mechanic, but that's a fundamental aspect of the event and something we're not going to remove.

Some lower level players may struggle, but should make it through. If high level players are struggling, I'd appreciate more info or for them to, well, raise their hands.
    • Like x 7
  10. Veritech Loyal Player

Thank you for the confirmation.
  11. kabeq Well-Known Player

I'm raising my hand. With two other league members (all cr124, all over 140 sp, all long time players), we wiped 4 times. My two league mates ran as DPS, I ran as healer. The first go round we queued with a 34 controller. After two wipes he left. We opened instance and got a level 21 player (DPS). After two wipes and that player leaving we quit. We know the mechanics of the seasonal, this is the third year we've played it. Something is still wrong.
  12. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Unfortunately this thing that you do not intend to change this leaving unbearable and boring events!o_O
  13. Chase TheForsaken New Player

orrrrr you guys could remove stat clamping.
    • Like x 3
  14. Veritech Loyal Player

But the clamping was introduced because current extremely high stats were trivialising the content (instant one shots). Even with clamping you're only in the event for a few minutes with a decent clamped dps.
    • Like x 2
  15. Jak-Man Committed Player

The yellow ship under the bridge, the turrets don't even die. I can only get them to like 1/10th of their health.

USPS
    • Like x 1
  16. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Surely you jest!
    Hahaha for a second there I thought you were serious, then you said that two other 124 were there and I started laughing, well played sir!
    But then...but THEN! you said you were also as a healer!! bwahahaha you sir are one top tier comedian!! hahaha nice joke sir..nice joke...please tell me it was a joke :(
    • Like x 2
  17. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

This is an excuse to control the players ...
    In the end it ended up being horrible and boring!o_O
    • Like x 1
  18. Sbel Devoted Player

And this ^ is why we can't ever have an honest discussion. :(
    • Like x 4
  19. Veritech Loyal Player

True, I started this discussion because we had two strongly opinionated sides atm. Those that think the event is a cakewalk, and those that find it torturous. Mepps has replied which was my aim.

People can argue all day about this, but the bird is the word. Event has been fixed, the players haven't.
    • Like x 5
  20. Helderman Dedicated Player

it's not broken. just there are too many noobs that only want to burn and can't follow the simple strategy of activating the turrets:mad:
    • Like x 3