Mental One Shots

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by PortgasD, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PortgasD Well-Known Player

Devs....really? PvP is fun and all but yoooo...this is getting dumb.

I know there has been calls for a damage cap or a percentage based toughness increase, are these being taken into consideration at all?

Is it possible for season 4 or in the interim?
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You're not going to get a response from them. For them it's PVE, respec tokens, replays and nothing else.
    • Like x 8
  3. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

to be fair, the devs really take player's opinion into consideration. but the thing is 90% of dcuo players think that the idea of competitive aspect of the game is who get the most damage in raids, not PvP. everytime a certain power gets a revamp, others complain because they got beaten in the scoreboard and then the devs revamp other power so they can keep up. and this will happen over and over again. but seems like they put very little consideration on what it will do to PvP. HL, Fire Tanks, and probably few others has been OP for quite some time now but i don't think i saw any adjustment in pvp about it.

i do really hope they do something about it in the near future, but call me a pessimist, i don't think it will happen anytime soon. until then, i'll just stick with legends now. not saying that legends is perfect in any way, but at least there wont be any power that will take 80% of your HP in less than a second.
    • Like x 9
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Lunge.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

There's a fine line between risk and reward. Lunging is a way to counter something, yes, but the reward far outweighs the risk. In some instances lunging is the answer to effectively fighting against something which isn't over powered in the first place because the risk and reward are appropriate, but not in this case.
    • Like x 3
  6. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Our only hard hitters are Mass Terror (Close) and Mass Lev (Range). In my opinion, if we are allowed to get that far in our rotation without being interrupted, we deserve the big hit at the end.

Like you said, risk vs. reward. I put my butt on the line when I'm trying to get a full powered MT going lol.

The OP makes it sound like we hit one tray power and KO an enemy :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I don't care how much risk is involved with the rotation or any for that matter. You should never ever ever be able to simply just take 15K-20K Health off a player when that player only has around 25K Health from a single rotation of powers.

But at this point it is honestly irrelevant. Arenas are beyond screwed with all the AM's running a muck. The DEvs might as well keep boosting their strength so everyone has a border line one shot option. Seems to be the way Devs want to handle Arenas now. Shame to...started out so promising with Season 3 and it turned into this non-sense.
    • Like x 8
  8. MentosTroll Loyal Player

There have been a number of times that I was killed by an Arctic Gust that I didn't lunge, or a Rage combo that I didn't block, or an HL combo that I didn't try to interrupt. I feel like every power has something they can exploit for PvP.
    • Like x 4
  9. Femto Well-Known Player

if I wasn't quantum and didn't have quantum tunneling I woudn't know what to do , as soon as I see that mental cheese happening I just teleport away and run till they waste their power and go back for the kill , repeat if needed lol
    • Like x 2
  10. kravonik New Player

I don't think when I was Rage I ever did a 1 shot 20k hit.
  11. Sardik New Player

Mental at PVP right now is boring and using the "AM" is almost like cheating against your opponent. The Mental mechanic is not what most of players want but it's what we have, it's overpowered at PVP but the Dev's have to take care and not turn it into a useless power like they did with Reflect Pain.
    • Like x 2
  12. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

If they start the rotation during an immunity, the only thing you can lunge them on is Mass Terror and that's after you get hit by it. At that point you're dead or close to it. You make it sound like every power in the rotation is vulnerable to interrupt. They're not. It's actually quite easy to get an AM rotation off in PvP. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  13. MentosTroll Loyal Player

That big hit has 2 spots where you can lunge. 2!!! And no we can't just pop an immunity to prevent a lunge.
    So we have 2 easy to lunge attacks and it's a 5 second AM on top it. It takes 4 seconds to get that "big hit". I've been killed by rage/ice/hl faster than that.
  14. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

I've not really had problems with Mental all like that.
  15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Completely agree. Hence the second part of my post:
    • Like x 5
  16. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

This is just a variation of the theme "I got super-trounced by (insert power type), and i don't feel like doing the work of figuring out a counter offensive so the Devs need to nerf it right away."
    Want the playbook open to the page you're looking for?
    Fine. Mental's greatest weakness is also one of its strengths: Stuns.
    We Mentals are unfrigginbelievably vulnerable to stuns during the course the AM rotation. Follow up with a lunge, and there you go. Class dismissed.
    • Like x 2
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

And this is just a variation of the theme "I see no problem with something being able to hit for 24k damage when we have 26k health". As Brice touched on above there comes a point when the reward is just too great that can be had with any amount of risk without making the thing in question moronic.
    • Like x 2
  18. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Dude if you can't stun and lunge a mental in the five seconds it takes (which might as well be an eternity in battle) to get to that 25k finishing move...then maybe PVP isn't for you.
  19. Mighty Committed Player

If he pops a trinket first you can't stun him. If he clips resonance with a power that CC's it will be difficult to catch the first window. Even if you do lunge on the second window and get the counter the hit will still register. You will have played the situation reasonably well and you'll do about 5k damage on the counter to his 23k damage. If you're a power other than HL and maybe Rage, you probably won't have killed him by the time he stands up and he'll be around half life while you'll be just about dead.

And as a side note I'd be more careful about whose post I'm quoting before I say "maybe PVP isn't for you." Know the community man.
    • Like x 3
  20. MentosTroll Loyal Player

If they remove the vulnerability when we pop Psy Resonance at the beginning of our AM, then I'd be open to reducing the damage to Mass Terror
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.