La Mort card revamp plz

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Qwantum Abyss, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

That would make La Mort redundant though.
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Okay so how do you feel on Battle Tanks? Its the same premise and immediately dismiss it without hearing my other 2 Artifacts. Im also a Tank who knows what they are doing in Content and with his power so I have the knowledge to back it up. The reason I use the La Mort Card is actually beneficial since I use the E Chain as my Rage Canceler and the La Mort Card lowers the Cooldown so I can actually hit with it twice during a Severe Punishment sequence. On top of the benefits for my Tanking, Im also applying Stacks of Doom with each use so while Im not doing great damage, i am at least helping the cause and still performing my job as a tank as right now all I need for my tanking is Mystic Symbol and Manacles. So yeah, as a Player making his own choices of Playstyle, I chose the La Mort Card to benefit my Tanking style and add a little damage on top of it. :)

I asked to post your Stats as well as Combat Logs of your Doom Stacks Damage. It's not to be mean but to help you help yourself for your suggestions if you want the Devs to give them merit. They can only go by "feelings" so much but what helps the most is raw data to provide the reasoning for them to make your suggested tweaks.

Again keep in mind, what gets buffed will and can see something unbuffed. Solar Amp and Heat Vision certainly have some broken things attached to them and will most likely need and should be looked at sooner than later.
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

For sure, i didnt see the need of a combat log for anything since its in the design and in the text. La mort card is designed to benefit just 1 ability and it stops helping said ability in any way at 35% health except the cooldown. Its rite in the text an text says 3% might even at rank 200 so again, mediocre dps stats at best. What does a combat log prove? Its in the text, devs designed it that way so they know full well it looses all benefit at the critical moment in every battle. This is why i suggest a tweak.
    • Like x 1
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Devs require Data. It might be in the text but say to the Devs, the Might stat buff along with the Cooldown shortage once the target is below 35% could be just fine and where they want it thanks to in part the buff Finishers got across the board. It also might be by that same design for the Artifact to not do anything else but that after the 35% below Health. It might be just to allow damage to be done above the 35% and allow for the burst damage of the Doom Stacks once that threshold is reached. If the Doom Stack is lacking, devs need to see Data in form of Stats, Spec, Build, Artifact pairing, and most importantly Combat Logs. These are the things Devs require from us Testers all the time during testing phases. Only Batuba can probably say whether or not this was the intent of the Artifact to provide said buff and usage of the Finisher above the 35% and in which case, it does its job and not meant to see anything else after the 35%. Its not bad suggestions but Im cautious cause it could indeed cause a nerf somewhere that makes the Artifact too important for a weak ability instead of an enhancement of said ability.

Take for example Lenerea's Amulet. In Text its not that good of an Artifact but once players used it and saw the damage in the Combat Logs once put into practice, some players started seeing the benefit of it. Devs need data in order to look at things and see how hey are performing. Im not saying giving it will guarantee Batuba and his team to look at the Artifact immediately to make changes but in order for them to see the merit of it, the data helps greatly.

Also keep in mind Batuba likes to do pairings so what the La Mort Card doesnt do, he might have another Artifact down the line that could enhance whats missing. Just looking at Amulet it pairs well with La Mort card because both give buff to the damage, increased Might stat and La Mort gives Doom Stacks and Amulet gives self Healing. Pair those with Trans Card and live with crit for days.
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thats actually the 3 arts i was debating on but i dont wanna stress rhe healers an the finisher is huge part of my rotation so i wouldnt really build alot of those stax from the amulet unless i did it intentionally but that circles back to playin w/death too much for my taste haha. Plus i am diggin solar amp w/HV so dont wanna do amulet as of now. Now if amulet worked like trans card in that as u rank it up, the penalty gets lower then i’d run amulet for sure but alas, another tweak to an art i think needs done that likely wont happen hahaha.

Can u elaborate on the need for data tho? Maybe im simply missing it but i dont see how a combat log will show anything of value here? My point is the la mort stops benefitting when it matters most and by design, la mort is buffing an helping just 1 ability. A combat log doesnt tell us what we already know based on the text. Am i to prove its working as it reads or something? If the data is so important, what will it show that we dont already know and if its for a comparison then compared to what? Genuine question by the way, i just dont see the value or the merit as it tells us it stops buffing at 35% health an thats what im suggesting be changed (imo fixed).
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

Well Ive seen folks say "you need a great healer for the art" and while you do need a Healer, its not 100% of the job for them to focus on the player with the Amulet and thats why the healing is there for the finisher. Players arent meant to be at 10 stacks for a long period of time. Meant to get there, do a big move or a Supercharge and reset. Average getting to 5-7 stacks, maybe even 8 with the Healer is just fine and may even require some changes to loadouts but (generally speaking) DPS rather put stress on the Healer than worry about their own mistakes. Similar to how Superpowered Focus first came out and DPS stressed on Controllers to put out Power more when in fact their loadouts just werent sustainable because DPS have to control their own Power usage and the Controller just tops them off. Not be personal Power Batteries for 5 DPS players.

The data needed is in regards to you saying Doom Stacks damage isnt enough. They need the Spec, loadout, etc and Logs to see where Doom Stacks Damage are at in order to see if they need a buff or not. La Mort with its stat and usage isnt meant to benefit after the 35% below mark. If it were that would have been part of it at the beginning of its creation. The finishers at 35%, after the changes, have been buffed where you dont need the Artifact but for those that use the Playstyle it gives a missing benefit where it does extra damage above 35% and gives the stacking Doom.

The suggestion isnt a bad one but its probably too late for such a thing because again, its not wise to touch Artifacts in any way, shape, or form once its on Live so the suggestion certainly might benefit a new Artifact to come into play down the road.
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Sure i see what ur sayin, thnx for explaining! i fully disagree w/needing data on it tho in this case. As i have stated (and la mort states) it doesnt do anything to support the 1 thing its suppsoed to support After 35% health. Thats not a data thing its a funCtion thing. AS for stax, lets say ur able to get ALOT like on the amazo fight maybe, like ALOT ALOT and u do 5 mill damage total for the fight and it hits an even crits at 35% health and ticks once for even 300k. Thats so underwhelming for all the time an waiting only to get 1 tick then no benefit the remainder. To me its a logic and function thing again and not a data thing. No data is required to know that its underwhelming to point that its laughable and in my hypothetical, thats way more damage then you’d actually be able to get from the stax, especially if the other dos’s r burning at a reasonable rate.

I also disagree fully that its not wise to tweak arts or anythiNg after release. Bait an switch is wrong but seeing a glaring thing an tweaking it is a dif story. I do agree fully tho that it prob wont even be looked at or ever tweaked an made into what it should have been all along but one can dream :(
  8. Batuba Developer

I guess 25% cool down reduction is not considered something beneficial below 35% health? Finishers shine below 35% health, having reduced CD means you get to cast it more often... AKA more damage.

Trexlight is correct however, data is always useful to us. I can't stress enough during PC Test that numbers is what helps us see if things need changes, not just what people "feel" as a person's feelings tend to be biased while numbers generally are not.
    • Like x 6
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Never expected a reply! Thnx for that no doubt and yes, the cooldown reduction is nice and i stated many times thats the only benefit la mort carries beyond 35% health. That extra second we get back (1.25 secondS i think) Changes the rotation and is great.
    For me, i just felt there was way more that could be done here is all. Its geared toward finisher an thats the drawl for me which is why its good an i use it but also dissappointing at same time. Doom stax is main mechanic and its lack luster which is fine because doom stax is not why ppl use it. We use it for the cooldown, and the 10% extra buff. Would have loved to see rhe buff extend to life of the fight is all and/or align the stats (might %) with similar arts is all. 3% is also lackluster.
    Either way, thnx for the reply again!!! Art fits my playstyle and loadout perfectly As i use energy expulsion (always have an always will haha). The channels r cool IMO, just wish the card supported it more is all
    • Like x 1
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It falls into niche because it becomes a damage loss very quickly. Take for example the fights in Clocktower Elite (where I tested it) when the bosses are below 35% is usually when there is an enrage or more mechanics happening ie both fights in Clocktower and the likelihood there will be a group wipe is alot higher. If you do end up wiping before the 35% you just lost all the stacks of la mort and the massive hit of damage. Where if you had the Strategist card ticking the entire time on single target you would still have all that passive damage the entire time regardless of a wipe. If La Mort procs for 500k on single target that is only 33 procs of strategist at 15k which isn't that unreasonable to have in a fight either.

Also La mort they way it is set up is useless past 35% so once la mort procs you would have to switch it with another artifact to make up the difference in damage which also isn't ideal. So you are paying $250 etc for an artifact that doesn't have 100% uptime compared to other dps artifacts.

This is where it falls into a niche status
    • Like x 4
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I always assumed the la mort stopped doing what it was doing above 35% because your finisher already does more damage once the target is below 35%. So you get your stack to pop and then it's benefit is increased cool down and you're using a move that is doing more damage more often.
    I'm thinking of switching it out for the amulet but it's been working incredibly well for me in the boss damage category which is all I'm looking at for dps #'s. Strat at 160, grim at 200, source shard at 200. Sorcery, I only use finisher and the quick .5 cooldown blast aside from pet related stuff. Niche yes, but it pairs nicely with some stuff and my results have shocked a lotttt of sorcery naysayers. But I will say, it would be the 1st artifact i would swap out.
    • Like x 1
  12. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

This idea is interesting to me. I don't know if it's so much that I want the La Mort to be awesome as much as I would like to use my powerset finisher instead of using heat vision when it doesn't fit my character. Obviously there is a problem simply combining them in that you'll have people running around with finisher, freeze breathe, heat vision, and sonic shout loadouts. You would need to limit the effect to one power in the loadout somehow. As Chill points out, the opportunity cost (i.e. taking out trans/strat/sa) is too high to put La Mort in its place. Would LOVE to put a SA equivalent in it's place which works with my power set (and I guess, for it to work with all powersets, it would have to be something around the finisher, since that's the only thing they all have in common). Can we just make finishers = heat vision and La Mort = SA and call it a day?
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I just use both /w both arts
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Not all finishers are the same, Hard-Light in particular Light Blast hits multiple targets thus making La Mort doom stacks affect multiple targets not only that but the 10% increase in damage is also added. This would mean that art favors more that power for it's finisher more than the rest. Electric Ion Drain heals while doing damage making it pretty much a Lernae's Amulet and if you were to have it equipped you'll be healing twice, once from the finisher and two for the amulet. Because La Mort is all about finishers, finishers in general should be looked at. While I'm here replying, would it be wrong to consider to add 10% damage when below 35%?
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thats one of the suggested tweaks to La Mort i made. The 10% buff it offers should Be flat like solar amp not stop at 35% Health. How cool would it be to “pass” on art benefits in favor of stats or something? Like Lamort offers the doom stax mechanic, what we could simply pass on it since its so underwhelming an take the 10% to extend beyond 35% or get the extra 2% might since La Mort should give 5% not 3%. That sort of thing
    • Like x 1