La Mort card revamp plz

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Qwantum Abyss, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im gonna suggest a few tweaks to the La Mort card. Y’all feel free to atk me an tell me im wrong etc or explain what would be better but im making my suggestions anyway as i see them for how i play the game in my loadout etc.
    What i propose can Be any/all or any combination of. Just things i think should be different.

1) increases finisher damage by 10% when target is above 35% health.
    - i suggest it should not limit the increase to above 35%. La Mort card should simply buff the finishers damage by 10%
    2) la mort offeres mediocre stats in that it gets just 3% might.
    - i suggest this be a 5% might artifact because its only beneficial to 1 power ability (the finisher) so in my opinion the tradeoff would be that it offers superior base stats to offset lack of universality.

the mechanic or “center of attention” for La Mort Card is doom stax. This is a great idea but when it procs (and u only get 1 tick) it does not seem to proc much damage. Maybe im wrong BUT it seems to me the drawl is actually its functionality with the finisher NOT the doom stax mechanic That its centered around. To me its vastly underpowered.
    -a few ideas here on how to make it more beneficial and give it more appeal toward the mechanic at hand......

1) make it a DOT for the balance of the fight (rather than 1 weak tick, it should tick till target is dead)
    - seems extreme BUT this is what strategist does essentially for the whole fight where La Mort is only after 35% health. Would make this way more functional IMO.
    2) scale up that single proc we get and make it hit like a truck! It should be worth the wait and its just not.

All that said i use La Mort anyway, but it is solely because of the 10% buff to the finisher (that i think should be better). This is a unique niche artifact and i think a revamp to make it more functional would be cool.
    Just some ideas/thoughts i had.
    • Like x 2
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Some great ideas here, I'd love to see La Mort be more than just a niche choice, even better if not everyone felt so compelled to run with Heat Vision.
  3. yumyum sauce New Player

I’ve gotten the (one tick) to crit over 300k
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

La-Mort already gives you 10% damage when enemies are above 35% health or did you mean an extra 10%? I haven't used this art yet but I'm going to. I'm more interested in the 25% reduced cooldown.
  5. EagleZz New Player

I strongly feel this, La-Mort card is such a cool concept but it's just outclasses by the other artifacts! It would be cool if it either
    a) Buffed the execution moves damage overall a little bit more so you'd want to just use that move a ton or
    B) make it so the Doom proc is a bit more consistent, since getting it up to 70 stacks isn't common and that's also hoping nothing stops you using your finisher for a minute, some bosses have shield or untargetable phases where it basically makes all the stacks you grinded for nothing!
    Overall La-Mort card is super cool and gives certain powersets more options but its currently just a little outclasses by everything else, Giving it base stats like Solar amp would be a good idea as well since it has the same only affective on one move thing
    • Like x 1
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thats what im talking about, the card gives an extra 10% to enemies above 35% health but when it procs doom stax @35% health the 10% damage buff goes away and the card no longer stax doom, no longer offers a buff, no longer does anything. Im suggesting the 10% damage buff be static in that investing in this art offers a permanent damage buff of 10% (15% is more in line i think).
    • Like x 1
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I think i have pulled off a proc higher than that but that's my point, its just 1 proc for a little extra damage. It should proc continuously for remainder of fight. Thats alot of work and a long time to wait for such little damage to happen just 1 time. The proc needs to hit MUCH harder or it needs to be a DoT for the duration in my opinion
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed, proper stat alignment is key as well as the increased damage
    • Like x 1
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok, let me get this straight, Finishers are already a must in any Might single Target Loadout.
    Increasing this Artifacts Power will result in a new Meta...

People were complaining that VWD was too OP, that it was a must...
    People were complaining that Solar Amp. is too OP, that it is a must...
    The list goes on with Trans and Strat currently.

Though this Artifact doesnt look good on Sparring targets, its definitely not inferior in actual Content. Especially if you play Elite instances wich gives you the chance to get more stacks on Enemies due to their increased health.

If any the Crit of the Stack damage should be removed and the base damage of stacks increased in order to actually break the Meta and open up other Playstyles not based around Crits.
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

1st, tweaking La Mort is certainly NOT going to change the meta but if it did, why is that bad? Metas shift all the time. La Mort as is offers +10% damage to targets above 35% health then the buff drops in favor of the existing buff on the finisher. What is so bad about allowing that 10% buff to stay for the duration of the fight when things matter most? To me thats the ONLY logical option really. The doom stax are conpmete crap in the grand scheme. Thats why i suggest making it a DoT instead of a single proc but really thats trivial. The strength of this art is its interaction with the finisher and it ONLY buffs the finisher and nothing else and only buffs it temporarily and has mediocre base dos stats at best. There is nothing game breaking about having it mirror solar amp an giving a full 5% and nothing game breaking about extending the 10% to a permanant buff again like solar amp does. These arts are meant to buff an do just 1 thing an niche things are supposed to be amazing at the 1 thing they do not mediocre at it.
    • Like x 1
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I see, I have yet to try it but that does sound like it needs to be looked at. There's really no point in using La-Mort when enemies are below 35% if the doom stacks do nothing.
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

The La Mort Card doesnt break Meta but it is also suppose to be Niche. But also keep in mind, what we call "Niche" the Devs and other players call "Playstyle". While it might not be the defining Best in Slot, the La Mort Card does serve its purpose and creates a Finisher Playstyle and the Amulet compliments it to a degree. The Finishers were actually (finally) balanced and now the Artifact enhances that. The purposed changes arent a bad idea but its not one I see the Devs doing unless they nerf the Finishers themselves which is counter productive from the work they did.

I use the La Mort Card in both DPS and Tanking for my Rage toon and looooove it ever so much along with the stacks of Doom. You say the damage isn't good for the Doom stacks but can you provide your Stats, Spec, and Combat log of the Doom Damage at 25 Stacks and 70 Stacks? This is the data that the Devs need to truly consider looking at things on their end if a change is needed.

Also keep in mind, changing an Artifact is the very last resort they will ever do once it comes to Live Servers. The Changes to VWD were certainly drastic and the community felt feelings on that hardcore. Due to the fact Artifacts are leveled using real world Currency, the Devs have to tread very lightly on making changes folks invest hundreds of dollars into.
    • Like x 1
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How is it a niche thing if 12/15 Might single target Loadouts already consists of Heatvision and Finisher (without LaMort)?

Also, its a bad thing because changing the Meta too quickly is not consumer friendly. Imagine you paid 200$ to get one of the Best artifacts just to get the Meta changed within a few Months. This leads to frustration and that person wont ever get another Artifact up for 200$. Currently they change the Meta once a Year wich sounds reasonable for both sides.
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Not sure changing the meta now would be changing too quick but i agree it should never be hacked too fast. Also, i stand by what i said in that any of the propsed tweaks wont break the meta anyway.

Edit*
    Also its a niche thing in its purpose an what it does not how many ppl use it.
    An bear in mind in not sayin its trash and in suggesting to overhaul it an make it OP. Im just suggesting a tweak to bring it up to par with other artifacts that are niche like solar amp.
    Solar amp gives 5% might at 160, la mort gives 3% at 200
    Solar amp adds an AOE, la mort adds nothing
    Solar amp adds a DoT, la mort adds nothing
    Solar amp gives a flat 10% bonus to HV, la mort gives a 10% bonus to finisher BUT only till boss’s health is 35% then u lose the buff.

Im just suggesting bringing up an tweaking it a bit to align it with comparable options.
    • Like x 2
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed, my main point is as a “niche” or playstyle specific artifact (quite similar in purpose to solar amp) It just under performs and is underwhelming.
    Do i use it? Of course, i run a finisher an want that 10% buff an the 1 weak extra tick from the proc and the 1 sec cooldown reduction.
    Am i saying its broken? No, not at all. Its a decent art and serves a purpose
    Im just sayin the purpose its suppose to serve, it underperforms.

At a bare min, to make it more functional and competitive (keeping inmind its only good for use on the finisher and NOT all powers like trans/strat/grim/etc) i say they sinply need to
    1) allow the 10% damage buff to be static and like solar amp it should apply for 100% use.
    2) adj the might stat up to 4% or 5% ideally.

Thise 2 things alone would mean no mechanic changes w/the doom stax and would allow it to better fill its purpose an be more competitive with other arts
    • Like x 1
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

But do you have the data to back this suggestion up that it under performs? Thats exactly what the Devs require to even begin to look at it. It sounds more like you're wanting this to replace Solar Amp, in use and Stat, which I high doubt would happen.

With a buff like your suggestion if done, they'll most likely nerf the Finishers themselves which would counteract the buff they got to make the Artifact enhance it.

Again, post the stats, Spec, and Combat Logs to show Doom stacks are under performing so the Devs can see the data.
    • Like x 1
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Not at all, i dont want it to replace anything. I just want it to better serve its niche purpose is all.
    I use solar amp as the example as its an artifact similarly geared toward a single power (HV).
    Solar amp offeres 5% might, lamort just 3%
    Solar offers 10% bonus to the power, la mort 10% bonus only if above 35% health
    Solar amp offers a dot and an aoe effect, la mort nothing

As im getting back into the game after years away, im dissecting these artifacts an such i just found that these 2 in specific seem to be designed to do 1 thing for 1 power only yet one does this Really well And the other seems just mediocre in comparrison is all.

If la mort by design is for the finisher, my opinion is it needs to be tweaked to push the finisher further. Solar amp changes everything about HV an makes it really something standout. La mort just doesnt. It helps it a little via the doom stax an u get some decent extra damage but as soon as boss health hits 35% (when the fight matters most) la mort offers the finishers 0 support. That doesnt make sense to me
    • Like x 1
  18. Liightmare dc Active Player

I stopped ready when he said he uses it in dps and tank role. That’s just a sad joke. If I see a tank using la mort card in one of my raids he’s getting booted immediately.
  19. kingmasternova Loyal Player

In that case they could rename "solar amplifier" to "amplifier" make it so it work for all finishers. make Heat Vision, Freezing Breathe, & Sonic Shout to a finisher.
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Someone Above asked my stats (i dont see how/my stats are relevant to my opinion of possible tweaks to la mort card but here they are).
    Been playin 2 months an 1 week after many years off
    CR 314
    SP 307
    72,000 ish base unbuffed might
    Quantum DPS