Just a few things to get off my chest regarding Stat Clamp and The state of the game for new players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FluffyCloud99, Jan 11, 2023.

1. the solowing Unwavering Player

Wouldnt affect me much. But i would certainly be observing the fallout soon to follow it.
  2. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

There's no "if".

There's not going to be an "if".

For some inexplicable reason about 10 or 12 forum members got it in their head that "this is our chance, if we voice our dissatisfaction with having to put effort into playing, the clamp will be reversed or made optional". This is false. Theres no indication of this. Theres no catalyst for this thought. Theres no Dev saying they're looking for feedback on this. This is a very confusing version of Denial.

There's only one thing that needs to happen here, and that's for these threads to get locked. When threads turn into "who can insult who better" then they lose both their purpose and their validity. Especially when the folks asking for change are the antagonists of such unnecessary back-and-forths.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I didn't say I wanted it. I said IF they did it...you'd be in here making the same stink as anyone asking for it to be removed/changed is today. Now...if they removed or drastically changed it....would I shed a tear? No...probably not. But MANY tears would be shed...I'd guarantee that, although I'd guess most would not be from the new users that this is supposed to be benefiting.
    • Like x 2
  4. MikeB Level 30

Wow. Really? Dumbest response yet. You try so hard to sound like Proxy but fail so miserably. To answer your question, no not like those things that all increased revenue. I meant things like CR differential, AMs, WM, and things like that.
    • Like x 1
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Okay.... Maybe if you repeat it one more time... Your powers of fortune-telling might come true...

Imagine if the guy who wrote this OP had no one confronting him about his opinion.

What a wonderful world that would be.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah, they should not lock the thread on topic alone....once insults start getting thrown, sure, but as dumb as you or many might think the discussion is (although, the same people DO keep jumping in the discussion), if that same mentality was used over the last 10 years, all those 'we need a clamp' threads would never have been allowed either. I'd say MOST of the community and the devs never really thought it was much of an issue for a bulk of the game's history....yet here we are.

If you don't like seeing the thread, quit responding....they will fizzle out.
    • Like x 3
  7. Sghoul Well-Known Player

You're right. Its definitely only the 10-12 people's fault and in no way also the 6-7 people who keep arguing with them.

From this side of the "open to the idea of making changes to the clamp" fence, it seems like you either like arguing or are afraid that the devs might actually listen and change things. Because if you really believed that there was no possible chance of a change you would just laugh at these threads and ignore it and let it die.
    • Like x 4
  8. the solowing Unwavering Player

And many other things that have been added have stayed. What if this is the one that isn't going anywhere?

Ain't no trying to like anyone. I do me.

I see thread I post my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  9. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Trust me, I definitely laugh. And have done so the last 2 weeks.

But then it starts getting sad and more into the territory of "oh god, this person ACTUALLY convinced themselves this is an option...". At that point you'd have to be a little deranged to continue laughing at someone essentially "pi##ing against the wind". Plus its become pretty clear that there's a lot of Forum Members who tend to carry over Grudges from previous threads into new ones.

So to keep score, there's no change coming, there was never an announcement of a change coming, there's no EG7 leaked info about a change coming, there's no "Staff Post Tracker full of Dev responses" about a change coming, so what's the point in these being left open other than to give the aforementioned Forum Members who hold Grudges more reason to hold them?

This is basically DCUOs version of "stop the steal" and some folks haven't even noticed it yet lol. America became an absolute joke to the world for allowing that to spread. This can follow the same stupid road it did, or people can introduce a bit of Logic into it before it gets out of hand. I choose the latter.
  10. scarblood New Player

Its funny how you guys are always complaining about the clamp in this easy game, but never complain about the real issue of the game that is the paywall of arts and allies. Those are the reasons the returning players dont stay in the game, not the clamp lol.
  11. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

*cough* *cough* The clamp is what makes those more of a necessity *cough* *cough*
    • Like x 2
  12. Dene Devoted Player

They *help* but I think that is more like a nice side effect - I very much doubt there are ppl out there going "I need to get my arts leveled up.. Omni is killing me "

Arts etc are def an end game enterprise
  13. Sghoul Well-Known Player

Its a free game...they have to charge for something. But at the level I play at I wouldn't have to pay unless I wanted. But I would still have issues getting into groups that actually finish old content regardless of said paywall.

You do know you could start a thread with a well thought out discussion of all of the people leaving because of said paywall, right? I am sure it would also get to 200 pages.
    • Like x 2
  14. scarblood New Player

The thing is we just need to adapt to how the game is right now, yes i could start a thread and cry about arts being pay to win and such, but whats the point? That would not change. So you guys should just adapt to the clamp.
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Or... You could do both.... One doesn't negate the other.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I think this is the reality making you the most angry.

You know the developers have made allies and artifacts more important, not only really for EEG but also for EG.

They also cost a lot of time and money, the devs have monetized their primary element of non vertical progression and I think it's that making you the most angry.

Was one of the less virtuous reasons for the clamps introduction an ability to further monetize these elements, sure, the developers are running a business.

Whether liked or not, this probably should signal to you an increased likelihood that the developers are not going to give you what you want.
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Yeah... Probably.

But, when they figure they made their money... and it doesn't matter anymore..

Anythings possible.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

A business is never going to 'figure they've made their money".
    • Like x 1
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Sigh.

Now comes the 3 page "How business works" tangent...

What I mean is when they see that the money they made covered the cost.... or, more to the point, find that it is no longer profitable and decide to try another go another route... whatever that maybe.

They spent money on developing New Coke... Where is that now?

Businesses change.
    • Like x 1
  20. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

See thats the issue. The world IS people debating your opinions. Thats how you get along in life. Its those who cannot stand when someone elses opinion is not the same as their own and they feel the need to say "You are wrong, you should have this opinion instead" about an opinion. Thats the issue with people.
    • Like x 4