Fire immolation tree is where it's at!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bonemonkey627, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Sionn Committed Player

Hey, at least we no longer have to worry about cookie cutter stuff with fire. Even though it doesn't hit as hard as it did, it's been kinda fun playing around with the different builds. I just removed inferno from my build, and went with things that I feel hit harder faster. Plus I added in some survival powers since I just pug. You can't dps if you're defeated. I would have no idea what to think in a group that handed out power/heals like a champ.
  2. TrueMarvel New Player

Huh? I never said it was a burst dmg power currently.
  3. Mikha'el New Player

First, let me thank you Bonemonkey627 for replying in the correct tone by posting your answer without discrimination coz it's a fact that many other players here are also from Beta but wasn't visible here on the forum.

What about these words by Clumsy "Let night fire, dump truck, & soulburn that are on PS3 do there thing to figure out a salution!" What do you make up of it?
  4. Asura Maximum New Player

"Having Beta Credibility" Is such a joke, Accourse many things are going to change since the beta Launch. DumpTruck,Soulburn, and The Others are not the only Creditable Fire DPS/Tanks Out there. There not Many but they arent the only ones. These people took the extra step to teach others how to play the Powerset effectivly and that is all. But on the USPS3 i know 1 Fire Tank That dont even mess with the forums for DCUO Becuz he told me its a big Ego Pot sometimes. The only way your going to convince someone is Face 2 Face Toon wise while talking about the Powerset. But you you have to remeber And with no Disrespect in no way,shape or form. I never knew who NightFire was Until this Thread Becuz i never saw him on the old ones, Which i read most of the time unless it something that caught my attention
    • Like x 1
  5. Mikha'el New Player

Exactly what i'm pointing out here Asura Maximum. And that Fire Tank you mentioned here is right to say that DCUO forums just becoming a big Ego Pot with big Ego Pot Forumers who thinks and write here like they know everything o_O and discrediting others they even call rookies :confused:
  6. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Please stop lumping me in like I have some huge ego, I haven't even posted on here for like the last 2 pages as it has pretty much gone no where.

Anyway I think I have the solution to bonemonkey's problem I'm still working out what exactly will do max dps for fire but im not far off.
    • Like x 2
  7. Asura Maximum New Player

I didnt say you had a Huge ego at all.. i was Rephrasing what Clumsy said about only you ,Dumptruck, and nightfire should be the spoke person of the Fire community. since you guys played longer lol'
  8. Bonemonkey627 New Player

I never waisted my time back in the day to even bother with the forums. I was just like your friend , sitting in the watchtower calling out ice tanks all day long... I never waisted my time on the old fourms , I was to busy grinding my skill points and armor out ...

I only came out of the wood-works cause I really feel fire got a shaft On its PI and Meteor.. The look of some fire powers look great, but it came at a price ...

The fact meteor has about 8 glitches, Count them as you will but its give or take on the amount of glitches Meteor has .. Adding in the layout of are powers in the tree is also unrealitstic.. I have seen people ask for burnout and over heat to switch , but in reality Meteor and Burnout need to switch .. We already have fiery weapon & Backdraft for a boost I dont think we need another .. Plus its more for tanking the Dpsing ..

THe switch between Meteor and burnout would help . Old school Meteor PI would also help .. Meteor should no longer be called a meteor , just a ballone !!!

If anyonecan remember , Meteor cool down as of right now was the same before they took it too a 3.5 sec cool down , then they took it back to a 2 sec cool down , with one of the worst overhauls of a single power..

(I could care less about fireburst or why people attacked us about spamming it , What Dps dosent find a power they cant spam ?
    Every dps has one power they will use a lot more then another .. Just food for thought )

Im with soul burn , you can only beat a subject so much before your like the dev's aint watching.

I hate to say it but i think were stuck with the junk they left us .. Now I may think a little on the harsh side why others are a little less harsh, But The talk on the street is Dev's are looking at WD and odds are when they look at something they fix it .. Like it or hate it , it will effect my loadout once again ..

3 Factors need to play in the effects of fire...

1. Swtich Meteor and Burnout, Give Back Meteors PI damage and bugs ,
    2. Make detonate hit up to at least 3 enemies
    3. If it burns it stacks ... Drop this whole Dps immolation Junk

Short, simple and easy ..
  9. Mikha'el New Player

Nobody is lumping you Soulburn32 but Clumsy for using your name in his post reply.
  10. TrueMarvel New Player

question bone. ARe you comparing fire to its past self? to HL and Gadgets? or 2 all powersets in general?
  11. Asura Maximum New Player

I agree about the Meatball being worthless at this moment. I was sad about the power changes, but i didnt
    Exaggerate like you did on some things. I agree with Most of what you said but you have a bad way of explaining it without Pushing the truth lol' Fire is overall Weaken'd but i will continue to FIRE DPS because it was my first and favorite Power. I love All tanking powers and very fond of Earth Tanking . The Meteor Need to return to its orginal size with the same Damage output it did before and Make Mass Det Hit so much better and not so wide. But im afraid if it MassDet is fixed it wont hit so High as it might would be
  12. Clumsy New Player

I'll use who'm evers name I want to on these forums if u don't like it come at me Mr weaksauce ! U got no clue what ur talking about I'm tired of correcting u kids!! If u got room to talk then come show me how good u are in game so I can show how weak sauce u are!!!
  13. Mikha'el New Player

You're really an Ego Pot and your words/reply proves it, but it's understandable in a way coz u seem to think others here only as kids, lol... :p
  14. sc00basteve New Player

Clumsy's ego comes out of skill. Even though his friends in the league joke about needing a new universe to fit it, He is still THE DPS to beat.
    155 skill points means he's figures out ALOT about this game.

Let's get back to more productive discussions on Fire.
    Fire issues are so frustrating that I switched back to mental, possibly until T5, because everything besides Tala can be done without a Tank.
  15. Dump Truck New Player

You seem an okay dude and I enjoy running with your leaguemates when I come across them, but I do take issue with my name being thrown out by some players in this thread in negative terms based off our run together. While you did beat me by 150k and I won't take that away from you, there was another fire dps in the raid with us. We all know how that works out when both are running fire's dots as two fire players (regardless if tank or dps) continually overwrite each other's damage. Had there not been, I think we (or bone if I was not present) would have finished on relatively equal footing or close enough to where the difference would be negligable.

Fire's big issue is the cancelling of each other's PI's and fact that we are forced to rely on them to stay competitive because of the lack of burst dmg. For the sake of the OP - that is what I agree with. At the very least, a tank's burning shouldn't cancel a DPS's burning.

You're a good player, so are members in your league. But the posts on smoking me by over 200k are not entirely faithful - and I'm not accusing you of saying that - but I have read it on here. I enjoyed that run and looking forward to coming across yourself and leaguemates in game.
    • Like x 3
  16. Bastid New Player

I think the only thing proven in this entire thread is that clumsy is a tool.
    • Like x 1
  17. Dump Truck New Player

Thanks, but that is a position I do not want. I contribute and post, but that's it.

I applaud the job Soulburn has done with the Fire thread. I lack that kind of patience. It's over 50 pages on the new forums and by the second or third time I would have to tell someone that absorb heat is not a viable dps move I would have lost it and been banned for insulting someone. His level of patience far exceeds what I think many on this thread have.... Kristyana has done a great job as well.

I remember when I first starting posting my WD dot loadout and dismissing fireburst as a max dps option a little over a year ago (I was darktarget then). The flame wars that took place were epic and highlighted why I should not be in charge of any 'how to' thread. I was temporarily banned a few times (7 to be exact, 5 of them for insults at Wannabep - which were hysterical but not nice). Same thing happened when I was posting about damage tanking. I'm really nice in game - many can attest - but have zero patience when it comes to the forums.

Soulburn, Gunny, and I have been in leagues together in the past and often message each other when we try or find out new things before posting it anywhere. This explains any chumminess players may read. IMO, I always felt blunted and Fatal Phantom were the best fire players in game - they were always a step ahead of me - but that is just my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  18. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

[IMG]
  19. TrueMarvel New Player

:oops:
  20. Kristyana New Player

You should have seen all the hate that flooded my ingame chat, inbox, PMs, and forum postings a few months after launch when I even suggested the blasphemy that fire might be just as good as, and in some areas exceed, ice when it came to tanking, even before our mechanics changed around Update 6..